People Leaving Early

ValeRam

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Tombo said:

Problem is, as Brighton fans rightly pointed out, stupidly narrow staircases. I step out on to the stairs to leave at about 88/89 minutes and you know what? I don't miss a second of the game. I'm still stuck inside 5 minutes after the full time whistle. You queue for ages to get down the stairs so you might as well get in the queue and stand on the stairs and watch. If I waited until the whistle blew to get a move on, I'd be stood there about 15-20 minutes. I don't understand why it takes so long, everyone is leaving in the same direction. No way should it take that long to get everyone out. Wouldn't stand a chance in an emergency.

A lot would go on the pitch in an emergency and the big steel gates in the corner would be opened. Would be fine in an emergency

12 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

have you EVER missed a goal because of that..? I have been going to football for 40 years and have never ever missed a single goal because someone stood up to leave.....

Well I've missed a few at the BBG trying to get back on to the terracing after being buried under half a dozen bodies in the walkway.

53 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Do you know what is annoying, people that stand all the way through a game, especially for young children who can hardly see anyway and the dads end up picking them up for 90 minutes.

This is a pointless thread because there's so many things that people can moan about. At the end of the day your in the company of 30k strangers and not everything people do will be to your liking.

If people want to leave early that is up to them and quite frankly none of your business.

And that last paragraph sums up the lack of respect some people have for their fellow fans...

I blame Mel Morris. If he cared about the supporters at all he would have hydraulic rams fitted to every seat that would lower the fan into the concourse at the touch of a button thus cutting out the need to walk in front of those of us that like to stay till the end. This would only cost about £380 million and would leave him enough to live on. Tight git.

For me it all depends on how the games going.  If we're pushing for a winner/equaliser I'll stay but if we're cruising by a couple of goals with 5 to go I might pop off early as it can make the world of difference and mean I get home 20/30 minutes earlier than if I stayed til full time.  

I just wish the city council would get rid of the pavements and put a second lane going over the bridge towards cockpit island.  Hacks me off that I have to sit there with an aching clutch foot just so trainspotting nerds have somewhere to stand when logging the 1992 Intercity, 12 car, whatever-the-fook-it-is!!!

15 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

view spoilt....?? really..? for how long? maybe 2 seconds as someone passes by in which time they stand up to let them past anyway..!

No it is far worse than that where we sit it is a constant stream.  Especially if something half interesting happens then they all stop in their tracks and block our views.  Can be very frustrating. I guess they do not block the view from your armchair? ;) 

30 minutes ago, curb said:

What's so important that you have to get home 20/30 minutes earlier on a Saturday?

Strictly?

In all fairness I have to be in Ilkeston for six o clock for work some weeks so that would make a massive difference.  Since they closed the road and stopped letting the buses leave until it is clear of pedestrians it has made leaving early pointless anyway. 

I do not leave early by the way. 

It isn't the people leaving early that is the problem, it is the ones leaving early then stop when something is happening. Almost missed the goal against Boro cos some twollop decided that he was gonna stand in front of me (on the aisle seat), whilst the ball was dropping to Russell, luckily I distracted him and he took a step down and was looking at me as the ball hit the back of the net :lol:

Archived