People Leaving Early

ValeRam

Just now, MuespachRam said:

have you EVER missed a goal because of that..? I have been going to football for 40 years and have never ever missed a single goal because someone stood up to leave.....

No. But the bloke behind me did when I stood up as well.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, ValeRam said:

I really love this website, its absolutely fantastic and huge credit to those who thought it up  and run it, I am genuinely in awe of them. My life would be lesser  without it.

But I have to say the in-jokes are becoming incredibly tiresome and utterly meaningless to those of us on the outside. Apolgies for being 50+ - I'm sure this has something to do with it.

Couldn't the 'in-crowd' just use the direct messaging facility between themselves when making clubby "had to be there" comments ?

Nothing against you personally Boycie or Daveo.

Just so you don't feel left out I went on Saturday and had to leave the game early, had to be back in Grimsby for 6.30pm which is why Boycie tagged me in this 

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

have you EVER missed a goal because of that..? I have been going to football for 40 years and have never ever missed a single goal because someone stood up to leave.....

No because I refuse to move my legs if we are in a dangerous attacking position. Is it really that hard just to wait for the ball to go out of play if it only takes 2 seconds to get out?

16 minutes ago, ValeRam said:

I really love this website, its absolutely fantastic and huge credit to those who thought it up  and run it, I am genuinely in awe of them. My life would be lesser  without it.

But I have to say the in-jokes are becoming incredibly tiresome and utterly meaningless to those of us on the outside. Apolgies for being 50+ - I'm sure this has something to do with it.

Couldn't the 'in-crowd' just use the direct messaging facility between themselves when making clubby "had to be there" comments ?

Nothing against you personally Boycie or Daveo.

Know what you need mate? A flange or a scraver.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

No because I refuse to move my legs if we are in a dangerous attacking position. Is it really that hard just to wait for the ball to go out of play if it only takes 2 seconds to get out?

If they want to leave after 14 minutes the are perfectly allowed to whether the ball is in our out of play.

So no one has ever missed anything....wow, a real problem this is....

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

If they want to leave after 14 minutes the are perfectly allowed to whether the ball is in our out of play.

Just do what I do and leave as soon as the ref starts the game. Manage to meet the people arriving 5 minutes late walking into the ground.....

Just now, MuespachRam said:

Nobody is saying they are not allowed, just shows a complete lack of respect for the people that dont want to spend the last 5 minutes of the match standing up and sitting down, or staring at someones arse.

Nobody ever missed anything, that must be very lucky for that to happen.  (Despite someone here saying he missed the Russell penalty incident on Saturday)

If you're expecting people to change their mind and say it is not annoying I think you ara fighting a losing battle.

It's not 2 seconds if they get to the end of the row and the stairs are full because everyone goes down the stairs five minutes early because the stairs are always full and they can watch the last 5 minutes while they queue on the stairs.

Or the eejit who decides to get up then turns round to plan their social diary for the next three years with the ***** behind you who's decided this year it's all Martin's fault because he can't blame Keogh for anything anymore.

Not noticed it myself.

It does look awful though when the North Stand completely empties 5 minutes to go when we're winning, and the atmosphere goes completely flat.

The least they can do is wait to show their appreciation, god knows we've had enough **** home defeats against wanky little tinpot clubs over the last decade to at least enjoy it when the goings good.

Edit

yay, it didn't star out the word wanky :)

so on the same reasoning, i should be allowed to sit in the middle of the south stand and watch all the game without someone rudely standing up in front of me to sing...?

its football....it has happened since day 1 and will continue to happen until the end of time, so either get used to it, stop going or leave 5 minutes before the early leavers..!

Its not too bad in the South Stand. Most are standing anyway so people can slip along the row without causing a detrimental effect to others matchday experiences.

I've got it down to fine art, glide out the row on 90mins from my lofty perch at the back of SS upper, float down the stairs like a ninja and slip into a space 3 or 4 rows from the exit already vacated by some 85th minuter!!!

See the final whistle out, then a steady jog round the West Stand to the minibus alongside the KwikFit depot and back in Utch usually for 5.40 ish.

If I go (occasionally) on the train, then I stay up top until final whistle and a 15 minute wait to leave the stadium and a stroll back to town. No rush, gives us time to decide which pub to go first!

There's as many reasons for folk to go early as there is folk who go early.....does it really matter?

8 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

so on the same reasoning, i should be allowed to sit in the middle of the south stand and watch all the game without someone rudely standing up in front of me to sing...?

its football....it has happened since day 1 and will continue to happen until the end of time, so either get used to it, stop going or leave 5 minutes before the early leavers..!

I am used to it...Doesn't make it any less rude or annoying though 

12 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nobody is saying they are not allowed, just shows a complete lack of respect for the people that dont want to spend the last 5 minutes of the match standing up and sitting down, or staring at someones arse.

Nobody ever missed anything, that must be very lucky for that to happen.  (Despite someone here saying he missed the Russell penalty incident on Saturday)

If you're expecting people to change their mind and say it is not annoying I think you ara fighting a losing battle.

Do you know what is annoying, people that stand all the way through a game, especially for young children who can hardly see anyway and the dads end up picking them up for 90 minutes.

This is a pointless thread because there's so many things that people can moan about. At the end of the day your in the company of 30k strangers and not everything people do will be to your liking.

If people want to leave early that is up to them and quite frankly none of your business.

Archived