People Leaving Early

ValeRam

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, philmycock said:

The iPro being only half full every fulltime whistle is embarrassing and not helpful to the players at all.

It's like what the City Ground must be like through a whole match.

C'mon everyone, try and stay until the end, you might even enjoy an exciting finish or two.

Perhaps if the club and council had given proper consideration to access and parking when the plans for the stadium were put together, perhaps people wouldn't feel the need to leave to beat the traffic.

The really embarrassing things are the totally inadequate parking facilities - for a club that apparently prides itself on the 'County' part of their name, they don't make it easy for people to drive from places outside the city - and the roads in and out of the industrial estate (industrial estates are designed for the kind of traffic a football stadium creates).

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

And that last paragraph sums up the lack of respect some people have for their fellow fans...

What people do with their own time is up to them and it doesn't matter if they are 'fellow' Rams supporters or not. We all live our own lives and do different things with that time.

It isn't just Derby that this happens to, it's every team in the whole world. I sometimes go to watch Alfreton and half the crowd is gone before the whistle and their attendance is about 600.

16 minutes ago, Derby_Dave_nee_Marilyn said:

In all fairness I have to be in Ilkeston for six o clock for work some weeks so that would make a massive difference.  Since they closed the road and stopped letting the buses leave until it is clear of pedestrians it has made leaving early pointless anyway. 

I do not leave early by the way. 

Yes but you are guilty by association...and given one of your party does not even make it to his seat for the second half...you lose your right to moan :-D

Back when I used to have a season ticket, I'd sit down when the final whistle went and read some of the program for 5-10 minutes, then just stroll out at my own pace, beats leaving early.

I don't like crowds very much, and I get claustrophobic in a huge group pushing shoulder to shoulder out of a door. I don't really understand why everyone has to rush out anyway. 

16 hours ago, ValeRam said:

I really love this website, its absolutely fantastic and huge credit to those who thought it up  and run it, I am genuinely in awe of them. My life would be lesser  without it.

But I have to say the in-jokes are becoming incredibly tiresome and utterly meaningless to those of us on the outside. Apolgies for being 50+ - I'm sure this has something to do with it.

Couldn't the 'in-crowd' just use the direct messaging facility between themselves when making clubby "had to be there" comments ?

Nothing against you personally Boycie or Daveo.

Unlike you having a general rant. You normally reserve them for me.

Do people not like to offer their appreciation to the players for their efforts any more? Some of you might be supporters, but you sure as hell aren't showing that you are worthy of the title 'fan'.

Part-time fans. If that winds a few of you up and you decide to vent your spleen in my direction, good. If you showed the same commitment to the team that you show towards your half time beer and burger, iPro Stadium would be rocking.

We had Hooliganism in the 70/80/90s Now people leaving early crops up...

The new English disease it appears to be for some...

I wonder if anyone debates these subjects on the continent? And any other of the ridiculous things we moan about and get knickers in a twist... Ie Half Scarves etc.

Yet when someone moans about being "against modern football" on social media and "what's something to be done about high ticket prices" they will quite happily take the pi$$ about "tinpot" home away/support... 

For me leaving early is what some have to do.... It happens.... It don't matter.... Can't believe we've got 7 pages of it tbh...

I quite liked what Klopp did at end of his match... Shame you still get some of the ones who are "against modern football" critiscise and take the michael... 

Plenty other issues to seriously moan about and do something to make it better... Even the 1884 support group get moaned at. A new group who have gone to great lengths to create a decent atmosphere!

Dont think people will ever stop moaning... Which is fine... Moan about the things that matter... Not about people leaving a football match 5 minutes early because you say so!

Each to their own!

1 hour ago, CHCDerby said:

What people do with their own time is up to them and it doesn't matter if they are 'fellow' Rams supporters or not. We all live our own lives and do different things with that time.

It isn't just Derby that this happens to, it's every team in the whole world. I sometimes go to watch Alfreton and half the crowd is gone before the whistle and their attendance is about 600.

Really?

You won't mind if I come and take a dump in your front garden then?

Isn't it becoming self defeating though?

The majority of the crowd leaving ten minutes before the end means that nobody really gets away any quicker, and those that really do have to get away, due to work commitments (although I'm not convinced there are that many), now have to leave 15 minutes early, prompting those who are just not bothered about seeing the game out, to leave even earlier, for it to make any difference.

There's a few idiots near me, half way up the East stand, pretty much on the half way line (you know who you are) that I wish would leave early - about 10 minutes before kick off would be good. They're constantly moaning. For example, they seem to have forgotten, during the relatively lean spell, how valuable Martin has been for us. 

17 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

view spoilt....?? really..? for how long? maybe 2 seconds as someone passes by in which time they stand up to let them past anyway..!

17 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

have you EVER missed a goal because of that..? I have been going to football for 40 years and have never ever missed a single goal because someone stood up to leave.....

17 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

And how long does it take to score a goal? Trust my I sit on the end of a row and it is very annoying.

They don't just pass in front of you. They go to pass and then if something happens they stop to watch the game stood right in front of you. 

If you're going then go. Move. 

Doesn't beat traffic or anything else anyway. 

Why not save the whole ordeal and not go at all

The thing that amazed me on Saturday was I saw a couple of people leaving after the penalty had been awarded, but BEFORE Martin had taken it. I appreciate he's not the most consistent of penalty takers, but I'm sure you could hold fire for a minute to see the end result! Left me rather flabbergasted....

1 minute ago, Mountain Ram said:

The thing that amazed me on Saturday was I saw a couple of people leaving after the penalty had been awarded, but BEFORE Martin had taken it. I appreciate he's not the most consistent of penalty takers, but I'm sure you could hold fire for a minute to see the end result! Left me rather flabbergasted....

I've seen people turn away or put their head in their hands but come on!

1 minute ago, Mountain Ram said:

Was probably harbourram.

2 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Yes but you are guilty by association...and given one of your party does not even make it to his seat for the second half...you lose your right to moan :-D

Yes but as my companion is a piss head and has the bladder of an ant I claim extenuating circumstances.  Also as he is not in his seat for the second half he is hardly getting in anyone's way.   Except at the bar maybe.!

Archived