People Leaving Early

ValeRam

Seems to have increased an awful lot this season, I genuinely wonder why ?

Of course its everyone's right to leave when they want, no problem with that at all. And what priorities they have in their lives is none of my business. But they are now beginning to adversely affect other people's enjoyment of the match. Just starting to get annoyed with it when all the people standing up in front of us letting people out and queuing in the aisles means that you miss key parts of the match at the end.

So, although it is their prerogative, and they ar'nt doing it on purpose, their actions are adversely impacting on others' enjoyment of the game. If they want to waste their money and not get what they paid for then thats up to them . But its galling when I have paid an awful lot of money for these tickets and I expect to be able to watch, uninhibited, the whole game. And its very rare nowadays  that the last 5 mins of normal play plus 5 mins of extra time ar'nt amongst the most exciting/nail-biting of the whole game. Missed the Johnny penalty incident on saturday because of it. 

Maybe we should do the same and just stand up for the last ten minutes but I'm reluctant to bloke the views of the old folks and young kids sat behind me

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely agree with this mate. It certainly does seem worse this season than it ever has before. 

Currently, it's the worst thing about visiting the iPro. When you consider all the hard work the 1884 support group have been doing to improve the atmosphere before kick off, only for 10,000 fans to leave in the 88th minute.

Not having a go at anyone in particular, because I know full well there are those who simply must leave early due to transport, other commitments or inability to keep pace with the crowds. However with that said, around a 3rd of the people in the ground needed to leave that early? Not really sure.

Must have such a demoralising affect on the players also. As fans we should be the catalysts to a good performance in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Rams Rant TV said:

Completely agree with this mate. It certainly does seem worse this season than it ever has before. 

Currently, it's the worst thing about visiting the iPro. When you consider all the hard work the 1884 support group have been doing to improve the atmosphere before kick off, only for 10,000 fans to leave in the 88th minute.

Not having a go at anyone in particular, because I know full well there are those who simply must leave early due to transport, other commitments or inability to keep pace with the crowds. However with that said, around a 3rd of the people in the ground needed to leave that early? Not really sure.

Must have such a demoralising affect on the players also. As fans we should be the catalysts to a good performance in my opinion. 

It's bizarre. Some people leave on 84 minutes. If you left on 90, you'd still be ahead of most people.  

How someone can leave early at all with only a goal in it is beyond me.

3 minutes ago, sage said:

It's bizarre. Some people leave on 84 minutes. If you left on 90, you'd still be ahead of most people.  

How someone can leave early at all with only a goal in it is beyond me.

Don't know if your a Star Wars fan, but would you pay for your cinema ticket & then walk out without seeing the end? 

Of course you wouldn't.

Especially considering the cost of a match day ticket these days!

Maybe if Clem and the boys did a bit of hand swinging and bowing at the end of each game, a few more would stay on? Scoring a late equaliser in a 2-2 draw, and then no thought of collective celebration must be disappointing for many. Bit of a Klopp out really.

17 minutes ago, Rams Rant TV said:

When the Mel scarves were being handed out a few weeks ago my wife decided that she would queue after the match to collect ours (much to my annoyance, but you have to do what you are told). So I sat in the car for 20 mins waiting (listening to radio derby), for her to turn up. She gets back, gets in the car, the traffic has gone, and we get home about the same time as usual. I never leave early (or arrive to early), never have done and never will do. Its a modern football thing, what you gonna do when you get home a few minutes early, watch some crap on tv.   

Problem is, as Brighton fans rightly pointed out, stupidly narrow staircases. I step out on to the stairs to leave at about 88/89 minutes and you know what? I don't miss a second of the game. I'm still stuck inside 5 minutes after the full time whistle. You queue for ages to get down the stairs so you might as well get in the queue and stand on the stairs and watch. If I waited until the whistle blew to get a move on, I'd be stood there about 15-20 minutes. I don't understand why it takes so long, everyone is leaving in the same direction. No way should it take that long to get everyone out. Wouldn't stand a chance in an emergency.

12 minutes ago, robster1 said:

When the Mel scarves were being handed out a few weeks ago my wife decided that she would queue after the match to collect ours (much to my annoyance, but you have to do what you are told). So I sat in the car for 20 mins waiting (listening to radio derby), for her to turn up. She gets back, gets in the car, the traffic has gone, and we get home about the same time as usual. I never leave early (or arrive to early), never have done and never will do. Its a modern football thing, what you gonna do when you get home a few minutes early, watch some crap on tv.   

Is that because everyone went early? If they stayed to the whistle you would have missed Ant & Dec

6 minutes ago, sage said:

Improving the traffic flow out of Pride Park to help those parking nearby and putting Sky Sports News on in the concourse (with sound) encouraging people to stay after the game instead would both help the situation.

Traffic has been appalling this season.

I started a thread before the season started about the DC1 and DC2 buses being scrapped and got laughed at but I genuinely think its having an effect on Pride Park (along with other factors).

Its taken me 45mins to get from Riverside carpark to the traffic lights by the bus station on most occasions this season.

The roads need sorting so that you can use both lanes to leave Pride Park, they do it in other parts of the country, hell they do it around Donington Park for big events. Only needs to be a temporary thing for 20-30mins after the final whistle.

The A6 needs to be blocked at both ends of Pride Park and at the Wyvern Burger King/Pizza Hut/Costco roundabout for this short time so no extra cars can come into the area. Anywhere where I have drawn an arrow should be the direction of flow with cars using both sides of the road.

7qqXCjc.png

I know i'm going to burn in hell for this, but why do people with sticks or wheechairs try to leave at the same try as the whole crowd. It's a nightmare trying not to barge an old fella down the stairs as the crowd pushes you from behind. 

When I was on crutches I just let everyone go. 

4 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

Traffic has been appalling this season.

I started a thread before the season started about the DC1 and DC2 buses being scrapped and got laughed at but I genuinely think its having an effect on Pride Park (along with other factors).

Its taken me 45mins to get from Riverside carpark to the traffic lights by the bus station on most occasions this season.

The roads need sorting so that you can use both lanes to leave Pride Park, they do it in other parts of the country, hell they do it around Donington Park for big events. Only needs to be a temporary thing for 20-30mins after the final whistle.

The A6 needs to be blocked at both ends of Pride Park and at the Wyvern Burger King/Pizza Hut/Costco roundabout for this short time so no extra cars can come into the area. Anywhere where I have drawn an arrow should be the direction of flow with cars using both sides of the road.

7qqXCjc.png

Exactly.

Even if they just gave the lights as you reach the Cock Pitt Island double the amount of time on green it would help loads.

Archived