People Leaving Early

ValeRam

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, toddy said:

I have never left the game early - I probably arrive too early for each game!

That's because in your addled state, you still haven't actually left the stadium from the previous match.

Guilty of leaving one match early, only about 1 minute, the 4-0 home defeat by reading, last day of the 11 point PL season. Players were supposed to be doing a lap of honour or something, doubt it happened after that, goes down as one of the worst performances ive ever seen by a derby team.

I left a game early in the 80's and vowed never to do it again.

I had arranged to meet a girl in town after the match and we were 1-0 down v spurs so I thought I would beat the crowd and sod off. I had just gone down the stairs at the back of the popside when the roar went up as we equalised, I ran back up the stairs and then thought, you're not going to see the goal now you prat, so turned around and trudged off.

8 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Guilty of leaving one match early, only about 1 minute, the 4-0 home defeat by reading, last day of the 11 point PL season. Players were supposed to be doing a lap of honour or something, doubt it happened after that, goes down as one of the worst performances ive ever seen by a derby team.

There werent too many left in the stadium at the end of derby 0 Villa 6 either. That was decent for 20 mins at 0-0 but as soon as their first went in, we were cannon fodder.

17 hours ago, jagerbob said:

There werent too many left in the stadium at the end of derby 0 Villa 6 either. That was decent for 20 mins at 0-0 but as soon as their first went in, we were cannon fodder.

I think the thing with the reading one was they were relegated already too, and we thought maybe just maybe we will give it a go.

• 2 weeks later...

Saturday took the biscuit. Used to be that the oppositions'  goal to give a two/three or four goal deficit to them not long before the end triggered a collective walk out by many Rams fans (or pretty well any home team supporters for that matter).

Now it seems its our goalscoring that seems to do the trick - a soon as Butterfield scored our second there was a mass walk out from the East stand - a full ten minutes before the ref blew full time

As said before its not for me to question what people do with their hectic lives and busy schedules on a saturday afternoon around 5 pm, it is their prerogative. But no way can early leavers expect to try and stand and queue, literally in the space between my seat and the back of the one in front of me, without receiving some encouragement not to deprive me of my view of the spectacle that I had chosen to continue to enjoy and that I had paid for.

Archived