People Leaving Early

ValeRam

57 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Same around me (East Upper) and yes it is very annoying.

Takes me about 15 minutes to get out of the ground though, the old people near the front seen to like stepping out on to the stairs and then let everyone out before them!

Can't blame me and the Memsahib. We're on the back row, and not only that, we always applaud the players off the pitch, win, lose or draw.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, sage said:

It's bizarre. Some people leave on 84 minutes. If you left on 90, you'd still be ahead of most people.  

How someone can leave early at all with only a goal in it is beyond me.

I'm reliably informed by a barely-over-half-match fan that they leave early to beat the traffic. However, the roads are blocked off as soon as there are quite a few pedestrians, so the earlier more people leave to beat others, the earlier the roads get closed.

7 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

Traffic has been appalling this season.

I started a thread before the season started about the DC1 and DC2 buses being scrapped and got laughed at but I genuinely think its having an effect on Pride Park (along with other factors).

Its taken me 45mins to get from Riverside carpark to the traffic lights by the bus station on most occasions this season.

The roads need sorting so that you can use both lanes to leave Pride Park, they do it in other parts of the country, hell they do it around Donington Park for big events. Only needs to be a temporary thing for 20-30mins after the final whistle.

The A6 needs to be blocked at both ends of Pride Park and at the Wyvern Burger King/Pizza Hut/Costco roundabout for this short time so no extra cars can come into the area. Anywhere where I have drawn an arrow should be the direction of flow with cars using both sides of the road.

7qqXCjc.png

Interesting idea. But what happens, for example, when your two lanes of traffic get to the roundabout at burger king / Costco? Does each lane go round the roundabout in opposite directions? I Park around that area, in order to get to A52 and M1. It's always busy afterwards, but I'm never in a hurry. 

We could be five nil up, or five nil down, but I'll never leave before the final whistle. Would be easy for me to get out of stadium, as my seat is right next to staircase. @mozza will vouch for this :) 

Worst I've seen is youngish girl sat near me, left 8 minutes before half time on saturday, and then there was the extra five minutes on top of that, all for some chips! the worst thing is she does it every game. 8 x 23 home games a year= 184 minutes (the equivalent of losing 2 whole games of derby a year)

6 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

Family infront of me in upper east leave at 80 minutes on the dot every game. Thats ridiculous. Everyone around us has a good laugh at their expense every time. How can anyone justify missing about 15 minutes of every match, in the most exciting period?

Too much money.

That's about 4 matches a season.

1 minute ago, ketteringram said:

Interesting idea. But what happens, for example, when your two lanes of traffic get to the roundabout at burger king / Costco? Does each lane go round the roundabout in opposite directions? I Park around that area, in order to get to A52 and M1. It's always busy afterwards, but I'm never in a hurry. 

We could be five nil up, or five nil down, but I'll never leave before the final whistle. Would be easy for me to get out of stadium, as my seat is right next to staircase. @mozza will vouch for this :) 

I would probably start feeding in before the roundabout so that it doesnt cause confusion with the exits of the roundabout as you would have 4 lanes of traffic heading up to the roundabout.

Im no road planner or expert but to my logical thinking brain the whole plan I drew up makes more sense than what we have now where cars are going in both directions, getting to a roundabout them filling up. Currently these three roundabouts are creating a loop in clockwise and anticlockwise travel where flow will now move across the three of them unless one car leaves the area completely.

ha35C1P.png 

I think the problem comes down to etiquette purely and simply so as not to block the view of others.

People who leave early (who have every right to) should just follow basic rules. This applies at any point during the game for leaving or returning to their seat too.

If the ball is in play, especially if we are attacking or being attacked then STAY STILL!

If the match is stopped or the ball has gone out of play, then GO, GO, GO!

In cricket, you don't move around the ground unless it's the end of an over. Football fans should use a little sense at look at what's happening on the pitch and plan their 'escape' accordingly!

3 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Worst I've seen is youngish girl sat near me, left 8 minutes before half time on saturday, and then there was the extra five minutes on top of that, all for some chips! the worst thing is she does it every game. 8 x 23 home games a year= 184 minutes (the equivalent of losing 2 whole games of derby a year)

Not to mention the cholesterol ..

I agree with all those who are mystified as to why some leave early. But, ultimately they can do what they chose and who are we to argue about this ?

My point is to question the self-same people because they absolutely know that they are getting in the way of other people trying to watch the match. Its incredibly self-indulgent. They know full well they are getting in the way of other people's view. And they couldn't care less. 

RRTV made the excellent analogy to the cinema. My experience is that anyone going in or out of the film before the end is incredibly careful not to get in others way. In football it seems to be the opposite. They (the latter) couldn't give a toss if they impede the view of their fellow people so that they can't see the end of the film/match .

I'm also in the East stand along with some other posters on this thread. Maybe we should club together to give some of the offenders a collective piece of our minds ?

I expect to queue on the stairs, lots of different abilities all going at different paces. But what does wind me up are the people lagging behind because they are checking their phones. 

Once out of the ground the cars driving back towards the ground are a real danger, with 30,000 spectators walking down the road the opposite way. Why try it? 

Nothing surprises me with people though. On Saturday a well dressed couple in a big car tried to turn in front of the stadium and got to the barriers. The woman in the passenger seat asked to be let through and was told the road was closed. She asked, "Why? Is something happening?" This at 2.30 p.m.

She must think the good people of Derby like their Saturday afternoon constitutional! 

This is one of my pet hates. I sit in North Upper where I seem to be going up and down like the proverbial whore's drawers. 

Its not just towards the end of the game either; it's just after kick off, prior to half time, after kick off in the second half and before the game finishes. It drives me bloody nuts.

I can honestly say that in 40 years of watching the mighty Rams I've never been late arriving, stayed in my seat until the first half has concluded, been in my seat before the second half commences and stayed right till the bitter end. 

I feel like leaving my foot out to trip the perpetrators up creating a domino effect across the flipping row. 

There are 4 or 5 on my row that always arrive around a minute after the game has started. The same group then get up after about 38 minutes. Why then are they late for the start of the second half? What's the bloody reason? Why leave no later than the 84th minute? Over the years these blithering idiots have missed no end of goals. 

Oh god - rant over. I'm going to bed. Bye. 

39 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

If people want to go at 84 minutes, at 24 minutes, at 34 minutes at 90 minutes it is totally up to them just like it is totally ok for someone to walk out of a movie before he end or after the credits have rolled. 

And if people don't want to have their viewing spoiled by having people stood up in front of them when they have paid £30 to watch 90 minutes football I can understand why they might be annoyed 

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

@Daveo

this!

I really love this website, its absolutely fantastic and huge credit to those who thought it up  and run it, I am genuinely in awe of them. My life would be lesser  without it.

But I have to say the in-jokes are becoming incredibly tiresome and utterly meaningless to those of us on the outside. Apolgies for being 50+ - I'm sure this has something to do with it.

Couldn't the 'in-crowd' just use the direct messaging facility between themselves when making clubby "had to be there" comments ?

Nothing against you personally Boycie or Daveo.

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

And if people don't want to have their viewing spoiled by having people stood up in front of them when they have paid £30 to watch 90 minutes football I can understand why they might be annoyed 

view spoilt....?? really..? for how long? maybe 2 seconds as someone passes by in which time they stand up to let them past anyway..!

4 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

view spoilt....?? really..? for how long? maybe 2 seconds as someone passes by in which time they stand up to let them past anyway..!

It only takes a second to score a goal young man.

When a family of four leave across the row in front you lose 10-50 seconds of the game. As they numpties don't wait for a break in play, that is enough to miss something vital.

Just now, sage said:

It only takes a second to score a goal young man.

When a family of four leave across the row in front you lose 10-50 seconds of the game. As they numpties don't wait for a break in play, that is enough to miss something vital.

have you EVER missed a goal because of that..? I have been going to football for 40 years and have never ever missed a single goal because someone stood up to leave.....

Archived