Promotion rivals thread

sage

42 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Dyche after the Bristol win

"We're not the market leaders. We're not the financial powerhouse"

Zzzz 

You're an overrated, whining, hypocritical bell end who's going to get beat in the play offs by a club that's spent less on strikers than you have. 

Mind the gap Jose.

The bloke is a disgrace. I bet Shackell's glad he's being steered by someone with class now. 

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, robglosta said:

The bloke is a disgrace. I bet Shackell's glad he's being steered by someone with class now. 

I don't think he realises he just played Bristol who haven't spent as much as Burnley.

Would have thought he'd had left Andre Gray on the bench. You know, to make it fair.

On 26 December 2015 at 21:18, Cam the Ram said:

Burnley have conceded 10 more goals than Derby so far this season. I reckon they should look for an experienced and calming centre half to sure up their defence. Someone with Premier League experience so he won't need replacing if they go up and it would be ideal if they could sign one from a promotion rival so it weakens them.

Anyone got any ideas of who they could go for? 

Michael Mancienne

Not counting my chickens just yet but Hull and Brighton's recent results give me confidence that we'll make the top two. The way things are going, 87 points might be enough to seal it.

That's 39 points from 22 games - W11 D6 L5

Could allow for something like this:

Boro (A) L, Reading (H) D, Birmingham (H) W, Burnley (A) L, Preston (H) W, Fulham (A) W, MK Dons (H) W, Brentford (A) L, Blackburn (H) W, Wolves (A) W, Huddersfield (H) W, QPR (A) L, Rotherham (A) W, Forest (H) D, Cardiff (A) D, Hull (H) L, Bolton (H) W, Charlton (A) W, Bristol City (A) D, Sheff Wed (H) W, Brighton (A) L, Ipswich (H) D

And even then you're allowing a fair few set-backs.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Not counting my chickens just yet but Hull and Brighton's recent results give me confidence that we'll make the top two. The way things are going, 87 points might be enough to seal it.

That's 39 points from 22 games - W11 D6 L5

Could allow for something like this:

Boro (A) L, Reading (H) D, Birmingham (H) W, Burnley (A) L, Preston (H) W, Fulham (A) W, MK Dons (H) W, Brentford (A) L, Blackburn (H) W, Wolves (A) W, Huddersfield (H) W, QPR (A) L, Rotherham (A) W, Forest (H) D, Cardiff (A) D, Hull (H) L, Bolton (H) W, Charlton (A) W, Bristol City (A) D, Sheff Wed (H) W, Brighton (A) L, Ipswich (H) D

And even then you're allowing a fair few set-backs.

Humongous game for Hull City this weekend... Boro v Derby, Burnley v Ipswich. Could make or break their season against QPR... This is the weekend where they need to pick up maximum points. Chuck the cliches out the window about it being a long season. Massive game for them on Friday

Last night was disappointing purely because it would have been six points. A six point gap to third would have been absolutely phenomenal. We could get the Boro game out of the way and regardless of the result be no less than 3 points clear still. With our goal difference it would essentially be a 2 game buffer.

Win on Saturday and we're absolutely laughing. Boro have a game in hand which they should win, so they'd also be clear. I just feel us and Boro are far too consistent this season. Hull slipping up away to lower sides like Preston, Rotherham etc reminds me a bit of us last season. Brighton haven't won in 5. No evidence their slip from their first loss is going to end soon. Burnley again not consistent enough.

This is ours and Boro's to lose.

11 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Just to remind you all who think it is over already....we were 5 points clear at the top of the table at the end of February last season....and we didn't even make the play offs.... 

Real fans don't need reminding - only plastic ones!

Complete myth we were ever 5 points clear at the top.

21/02/2015 2pts clear of Boro, never moved further ahead.

03/03/2015 1pt behind Boro, level on points with Watford.

Granted we were after a game between those dates 5 pts clear of 3rd, but never 5pts clear at the top.

On 12/28/2015 at 17:16, StaffsRam said:

I don't rate Sheff Wed. At all. If, God forbid, we did end up in the playoffs then I'd be delighted to get them in either the SFs or at Wembley. 

I consider Boro rivals, and Hull. Possibly Burnley, but none of the rest. If we don't finish above everyone outside of that group, at the very least, then we want shooting.

We have the right owner, manager and players. We need to get a few more players to cover any eventuality and then we will have no excuse for not getting promotion, but some teams finish the season extremely strongly so an unbeaten run may not be enough. It is largely down to the number of wins, really.

To get 92 points we need:-  12W, 8D, 2L or 13W, 5D, 4L or 14W, 2D, 6L

Obviously the first option looks easiest after looking at our record so far but it only includes another two defeats. We may not need 92 points but it should be our target. Brighton and Hull need those figures but would also need four more points and to improve their goal difference to beat our target, (They would need 48 points plus goal difference eg 14W, 6D, 2L etc -  a pretty tall order). Let us hope that the Rams can get to 92 points - not an easy target by any means. COYR

On 12/30/2015 at 14:05, Kernow said:

Last night was disappointing purely because it would have been six points. A six point gap to third would have been absolutely phenomenal. We could get the Boro game out of the way and regardless of the result be no less than 3 points clear still. With our goal difference it would essentially be a 2 game buffer.

Win on Saturday and we're absolutely laughing. Boro have a game in hand which they should win, so they'd also be clear. I just feel us and Boro are far too consistent this season. Hull slipping up away to lower sides like Preston, Rotherham etc reminds me a bit of us last season. Brighton haven't won in 5. No evidence their slip from their first loss is going to end soon. Burnley again not consistent enough.

This is ours and Boro's to lose.

Totally agree ITKernow

Archived