Promotion rivals thread

sage

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brighton are nailed on for the playoffs at the very least.

Burnley aside the race for the autos is looking tighter than a gnat's chuff. If Boro and Hull draw on friday then there's a point between 2nd and 4th, all on an even keel for once with 37 games played right across the top 6.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, sage said:

Boro winning 3-1. Final nail in the auto coffin?

Surprised you still held faint hopes. Autos were gone for me the moment we drew at home to Preston. Knew then this group would never recover in time and put a run together to challenge.

The defeat to MK Dons probably killed it for a lot of the others.

We will never win all eight of our remaining games. Winning seven would be absolutely amazing, but would leaves on 85/86 points which probably won't be enough now.

20 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Surprised you still held faint hopes. Autos were gone for me the moment we drew at home to Preston. Knew then this group would never recover in time and put a run together to challenge.

The defeat to MK Dons probably killed it for a lot of the others.

We will never win all eight of our remaining games. Winning seven would be absolutely amazing, but would leaves on 85/86 points which probably won't be enough now.

I did say final nail. The poor form of Boro and Hull extended a faint hope, but it's hang on for play offs now, Hopefully.

27 minutes ago, sage said:

I did say final nail. The poor form of Boro and Hull extended a faint hope, but it's hang on for play offs now, Hopefully.

I'd have said the coffin had been hermetically sealed shut and sunk in the Mariana Trench weeks ago but don't want to appear too negative...

We need to concentrate on Cardiff and below so massive game for us today - if they beat us then it'll be a big test of our "bottle" which hasn't been our greatest asset in the recent past.

Above us we should be more interested in who will get the autos. Brighton beating Burnleh at moment - its very tight and one of 3 good sides who have each had a stronger season than us is going to end up missing out on autos.

But the sun is shining and am optimistic for some good football at Cardiff today.

Boros result at QPR puts our, quite frankly, pathetic performance there into perspective.

Boro, Burnley and Hull battling for the autos now. 2-2 . Brighton making he autos now is as about as likey as Arsenal winning the Premier League. Brighton might need to win all their games and none are easy. Hull are still in with a chance as all but one of their games is as easy as they can get. Hull have mostly games against below halfway mid-table clear of relegation + Rotherham. 

Archived