Promotion rivals thread

sage

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, sage said:

Brighton are out of the running for the top 2 now. 

Us, Boro and Hull.

But what if Hull lose today? Then they'll be on the same points as Brighton still. And the same as Burnley if they beat Ipswich tomorrow

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

But what if Hull lose today? Then they'll be on the same points as Brighton still. And the same as Burnley if they beat Ipswich tomorrow

They have people on the way back from long term injury and should improve. 

• 2 weeks later...

:)  Hurray, were out the cup:)

Controversial to some i know, but a breath of fresh air to most Boro fans

Seven changes to the Championship side, and to be honest should of put Burnley

to bed in the first half. too many missed chances

Negatives- Nugent was very average( 1 on 1 with keeper:(, keeper did well though)future striker signing challenging for his place dropped his head maybe ???:huh:

Ben Gibson alongside Ayala was missed big time, Amorbieta is OK and does a job but doesn't have the same reading of the game that Gibson does when he is playing with Ayala

Thought Forshaw might of stamped his authority down on a holding midfield place in the absence of Leadbitter but went missing for large parts of the game. Good attacking option to Leadbitter though, but not Saturday

Dont realise how much Boro miss Downing, Stuani ,Nsue and Leadbitter until big changes are made

Positives- Carlos De Pena had a cracking game on the left, and seems (hope) to have settled and can play a part for the rest of the season on the left. Confidence is growing

Adomah had a good game too, hopefully it can be continued for the rest of the campaign instead of 2-3 games every 5.

Fabrinni was a nuisance, and stayed on his feet a lot more than normal:D

Brentford and Bristol City both away next for Boro

Heart says 6 points, Karanka wasnt very happy with the performance on Saturday and will be bollicking the players thats for sure .Always bounce back after a defeat

Head says 4 points, We have a great history against Brentford, but might create us some problems at Griffin

Bristol beat us at the Riverside start of the season so might fancy there chances at home too but should see them off.

1 hour ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Still say will finish up:

Boro

Rams

Hull

Burnley

Ipswich

Brentford

If by some miracle Hull usurp us there is no-one to fear in play offs.

Brighton dropping like the proverbial stick of Brighton rock and expect them to finish 8th.

Brighton are only dropping due to lack of squad depth because of plenty of injuries, they're rectifying it this transfer window with some good players, Liam rodgewell and Anthony knockaert already and I'd think they have more to come, dont count them out yet

1 hour ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Still say will finish up:

Boro

Rams

Hull

Burnley

Ipswich

Brentford

If by some miracle Hull usurp us there is no-one to fear in play offs.

Brighton dropping like the proverbial stick of Brighton rock and expect them to finish 8th.

Brighton will have some of their players back by the end of February. FA Cup result indicates Hull have greater strength in depth than Brighton.  Hull do not have injury problems either. Brighton may slips up but even if they play like the second half of last season they should get 74 pts which may be good enough for 6th place. It might depend on a few transfers in January. Hull must have some readies to spend. 

It looks like to me Boro, Derby and Hull with Sheff Wed as late contenders for a play-off position. All the big spenders. Burnley have got the points as well.

Hi Hull City fan in peace

I think you will find that we have had some key defenders missing through injury for some weeks in the shape of Michael Dawson and Alex Bruce. Apart from one game in December, Michael Dawson, our influential skipper, has been missing since 21 November. With those two at the heart of our defence our team was very dificult to beat and hardly conceding goals. .

The good news for us is that both players are now back in training and should be available for selection shortly.

Hope both Derby and Hull stay free of injuries.

John

Sean Dyche insists Burnley will not smash their transfer record to sign Brentford’s Alan Judge.

Brentford boss Dean Smith revealed Burnley have bid for Judge 24 hours before the sides clash tonight in the Championship and Dyche dismissed suggestions the Clarets will pay £8million for the midfielder.

“Eight million?” said the Burnley manager. “This is Burnley remember.
“We’ve got some money. We do wish to invest at the right time with the right people. But it’s not a case of throwing it around and making deals happen for definite. We have to cut our cloth accordingly.”

Judge has 10 goals and seven assists this season and Smith hinted that Burnley were trying to unsettle the Irishman before tonight’s game at Griffin Park.

“Maybe Burnley’s timing is not right, but it depends on how you look at it with a game on Friday against them,” said Smith. “I’d hope to keep Alan. He’s been a big player so far this season.”

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Sean Dyche insists Burnley will not smash their transfer record to sign Brentford’s Alan Judge.

Brentford boss Dean Smith revealed Burnley have bid for Judge 24 hours before the sides clash tonight in the Championship and Dyche dismissed suggestions the Clarets will pay £8million for the midfielder.

“Eight million?” said the Burnley manager. “This is Burnley remember.
“We’ve got some money. We do wish to invest at the right time with the right people. But it’s not a case of throwing it around and making deals happen for definite. We have to cut our cloth accordingly.”

Judge has 10 goals and seven assists this season and Smith hinted that Burnley were trying to unsettle the Irishman before tonight’s game at Griffin Park.

“Maybe Burnley’s timing is not right, but it depends on how you look at it with a game on Friday against them,” said Smith. “I’d hope to keep Alan. He’s been a big player so far this season.”

Burnley buying him for £10m in 5....4....3....

BURNLEY. THE ALBUM.

Covering

7 Days In Poverty(Craig David)

I put a little bid in on Monday

It came back rejected on the Tuesday

We moaned about money on Wednesday

And on Thursday an Friday an Sat'day 

and again on Sunday

Ridiculous Price Tag (Jesse J)

We don't have no money, money

We just moan about the price tag

cus only Derby can afford that

Ain't about the, cha ching cha ching

Ain't about the phone ring ra ring 

Only Derby can afford that

Chasing Payments (Adele)

Should I give up

cus they just keep making payments 

Everyone moves to Middlesbrough

Or would it be a waste

Even if I knew my place should I leave it there

Or should I try, to match, them payments

Even if it leads nowhere

24 minutes ago, Alpha said:

BURNLEY. THE ALBUM.

Covering

7 Days In Poverty(Craig David)

I put a little bid in on Monday

It came back rejected on the Tuesday

We moaned about money on Wednesday

And on Thursday an Friday an Sat'day 

and again on Sunday

Ridiculous Price Tag (Jesse J)

cus only Derby can afford that

Ain't about the, cha ching cha ching

Ain't about the phone ring ra ring 

Only Derby can afford that

Chasing Payments (Adele)

Should I give up

cus they just keep making payments 

Everyone moves to Middlesbrough

Or would it be a waste

Even if I knew my place should I leave it there

Or should I try, to match, them payments

Even if it leads nowhere

B Side

Money on my Mind (Sam Smith)

I don't have
Money on my mind
Money on my mind
I do it for
I do it for the lulz

Mo' Money, No Problem (Notorious B.I.G.)

I don't know what they want from me
It's like the more money we come across
The less problems we see

C.R.E.A.M. (Wu-tang Clan)

Cash rules everything around me

Cream

Get the money

Dollar, dollar bills y'all

778cb4a17a58fbe5f30033af8efe9371a4ebbd83

Archived