It's December, almost that time of year again

Day

One month away from the transfer window opening, the pitchforks will be out for Alan Nixon with Eddie and Albert leading the charge, tis the season Bris will be wanting his links clicked so he can wine and dine the maravilloso Mexicano putas.

How do you see it going, will we sign anyone, do we really need anyone, would this be the first January we would be happy with no incoming and outgoings?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really depends on what the coaching staff think of Lowe. If they think he's mature enough to handle the pressure of competing at the top then there's no need to bring anyone in. If not then we need cover for Warnock.

Other than that I think we're alright!

In terms of outgoings...

Shotton - Baird seems to have nabbed the "utility" spot

Bucko - Would like to see him stay, but he seems to be getting back to fitness and I think he'll want to play regularly. Given how solid and fit Keogh and Shackell have been, he'll be in for a long spell of bench-warming.

Roos/Grant - One of these will have to go soon, given they're both competing for the #2 spot. Depends if Grant is happy to stay as back-up or if he feels he wants more game time. Mitchell seems to be featuring more and more for the U21s so I'm not sure where Roos fits in. If Grant decides he wants out, then Roos would be back to being second choice, as he was pre-Carson. If Grant decides to stick it out, then I can't see Roos staying with us.

Pearce - small possibility he might go, given he's not had a look in. Not likely, given we only signed him recently and depends if Bucko hangs around though I guess.

Dawkins - We all know the story here. Unfortunately his success at international level and personal issues has meant he's not really had as much chance to integrate himself with Clement and make an impression.

Of course, all that may be bobbins and Clement might want to keep hold of everybody to maintain this much trumpeted squad depth we have (injuries/FA Cup etc), but there doe seem to be a fair few players hanging around the fringes who could be moved on.

If there is any truth at all in the Antonio links then I'd love for us to go for him. Each of our wingers have been on a poor run of form at some point this season and if one were to get injured, we'd be stuck playing the two remaining regardless of them being in poor form or not. If Antonio isn't available then hopefully Clement and the scouting team can find another winger who'd be a top player at this level and would be willing to come and fight for a spot in the team

52 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

If there is any truth at all in the Antonio links then I'd love for us to go for him. Each of our wingers have been on a poor run of form at some point this season and if one were to get injured, we'd be stuck playing the two remaining regardless of them being in poor form or not. If Antonio isn't available then hopefully Clement and the scouting team can find another winger who'd be a top player at this level and would be willing to come and fight for a spot in the team

Can we sign Antonio with the 3 club rule? I believe he can only go out on emergency loan, outside the transfer window.

Players may be registered for a maximum of three clubs during the period from 1 July until 30 June of the following year. During this period, the player is only eligible to play in Official Matches for two clubs.

22 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Nixon is adamant we will try for Charlie Austin.

Where he would fit in, I haven't a clue.

We are releasing a new line of seasonal Derby County themed sweets, to fill the void once occupied by Candy Crush. The Austin 'rumour' which Nixon will resurrect is part of it.

Baaaa Humbugs.

35 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think the focus on keeping players rather than bringing more in. But we are in a strong position and any outgoings I'm confident we will get good replacement.

This. Plus I like the fact that when Fozzy got injured, we gave Warnock a chance to make the LB position his own, rather than immediately go out & get somoene new in. I had my doubts but so far, he's done a great job there & long may it continue.

The spirit in the squad seems to be as good as it's ever been & we know that if players are needed, we can go & get them. If we can find players who will genuinely improve the starting 11 then fair enough, otherwise there's no point in getting yet more fringe & squad players in.

Can see us signing a left back, not because warnock isn't up to it, but come next season we need two premier league standard left back (hopefully). Warnock's legs are only going to get worse, so a january signing might set up nicely. 

Can see Bent going if we pay big money for a striker too

3 hours ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

It really depends on what the coaching staff think of Lowe. If they think he's mature enough to handle the pressure of competing at the top then there's no need to bring anyone in. If not then we need cover for Warnock.

Other than that I think we're alright!

I think he was made Under 21s captain this season at 19 and tipped to break into the squad this season, so I imagine this means he is a mature lad or else Wassall wouldnt have given him the captaincy and tipped him to move up the ranks

Archived