1884 Group - Legends Flag

TomBustler1884

Lots of great ideas, nice thread this...much more cheerful than the other ones about why we got beat by Forest..oh and by their police! Way too many to include them all so, GOTTA have Bobby D , Saunders, Bald Eagle, ooh Mark Wright, Wanchope (vUtd) and Igor for me. Sorry, to everyone else on here I think, but Seth Lad...not for me, vastly over rated.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Rob Hindmarch RIP would make a nice poignant flag

Not sure about the RIP bit. Don't get me wrong, I do think that he deserves to be on the flag but other players also died far too young. John Robson for example, another one who deserves a place on it too.

2 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Not sure about the RIP bit. Don't get me wrong, I do think that he deserves to be on the flag but other players also died far too young. John Robson for example, another one who deserves a place on it too.

I added the RIP for him, not to be printed on the flag, John Robson was a bit before my time so don't really know much about him, will google/wiki!

4 minutes ago, philmycock said:

I added the RIP for him, not to be printed on the flag, John Robson was a bit before my time so don't really know much about him, will google/wiki!

Ah, sorry. John Robson was an excellent left back who played in the first title side. Not too long after moving to Villa he had to stop playing due to multiple sclerosis.

Been great getting all these suggestions, keep them coming.

We have about 80 different players now, we'll have to see how many we can get on the flag but it will be the size of an upper block.

Any suggestions for writing on the flag eg, "Once a Ram..." or something that inspires the current lot to force a place on the flag in the future?

15 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

Been great getting all these suggestions, keep them coming.

We have about 80 different players now, we'll have to see how many we can get on the flag but it will be the size of an upper block.

Any suggestions for writing on the flag eg, "Once a Ram..." or something that inspires the current lot to force a place on the flag in the future?

Graced us with their presence for a short time

But Derby legends for a lifetime !

Once a Ram, Always A Ram......

Once a Ram, Two Times A Lady........(Erm no that's not it)

One Legend Derby County Football Club

Welcome To The Rams

Welcome To Derby County Football Club

Live A Ram, Love A Ram, Be A Ram, Die A Ram.

Our Rams.

1884 DE24 8XL DCFC Our Numbers, Our Letters, Our Legends.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived