1884 Group - Legends Flag

TomBustler1884

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one may prove to be controversial but you are going to struggle with current legends as we don't have any, you could say we haven't had any real legends in the last at 40 years. Iconic players plenty. But without going down the what makes a legend debate..... 

In this one picture you have a moment that a lot of fans will remember for sometime, Martin who is arguably the only player currently to be in a shout of legendary status, another 20 goals this season, promotion and a decent season next year would surely nail that one. You also have a huge fan favourite in Russell (a couple will disagree) and Bryson after scoring his hat trick against Forest.

This one maybe more about the moment than the players but like I say you will struggle if you are looking for current legends and we haven't had many better moments like this for.....erm...years

craig-bryson-derby-nottingham-forest_310

2 minutes ago, Daveo said:

This one may prove to be controversial but you are going to struggle with current legends as we don't have any, you could say we haven't had any real legends in the last at 40 years. Iconic players plenty. But without going down the what makes a legend debate..... 

In this one picture you have a moment that a lot of fans will remember for sometime, Martin who is arguably the only player currently to be in a shout of legendary status, another 20 goals this season, promotion and a decent season next year would surely nail that one. You also have a huge fan favourite in Russell (a couple will disagree) and Bryson after scoring his hat trick against Forest.

This one maybe more about the moment than the players but like I say you will struggle if you are looking for current legends and we haven't had many better moments like this for.....erm...years

craig-bryson-derby-nottingham-forest_310

Unusually for Daveo, this is a bloody good idea.

5 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

Spot on @Daveo. Chris Martin is definitely the one for me from the current crop, purely for the number of goals he's scored.

Id love to one or two from the last 10 years on, maybe cult figures or players who've given their all despite being a difficult time but the closest is probably Buxton?

This picture of Bucko please!

Jake-Buxton_3146475.jpg.86477854c5d5d6a6

5 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

Spot on @Daveo. Chris Martin is definitely the one for me from the current crop, purely for the number of goals he's scored.

Id love to one or two from the last 10 years on, maybe cult figures or players who've given their all despite being a difficult time but the closest is probably Buxton?

Bucko rates with Seth for me as a cult hero. The winner against Forest, the attitude, the commitment, the carrier bag on the first day of training. Man of the people! Idiakez would be the  mid-2000's candidate for me. The likes of Rasiak, Tommy Smith, Steve Howard, Commons, Hulse...too much baggage to want to see them again every week. 

My first season as a Ram fan was 95/96 so I’ll leave older icons to the older fans. I’d include Jim Smith, Marco Gabbiadini,  Igor, Wanchope (possible an image of him celebrating THAT goal against Man U), Chris Riggot, Poom, Seth Johnson

Archived