1884 Group - Legends Flag

TomBustler1884

Hi everyone

In case you haven't seen it in the 1884 Group thread, we are going to be getting a giant flag done with DCFC legends on.

We want Rams fans to help choose who should be on it by nominating their favourites from any point in DCFC history.

Please make your suggestions in this thread by 30 November and help us shape the flag!

Cheers 

Tom

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Goodall, Steve Bloomer, Sammy Crooks, Raich Carter, Peter Doherty, Jackie Stamps, Jack Parry. Kevin Hector, Bria Clough, Peter Taylor, Roy MacFarland, Charlie George, Bobby Davison, Rob Hindmarch, Mark Wright, Dean Saunders, Igor Stimac, Stefano Eranio ?, Will Hughes, Chris Martin

A 70s special,

pictures of players who won both leagues in the middle, Roy Mac, Toddo, Gemmill, Hector, Boulton etc

a league trophy either side of them.

pictures of players who won the first on the left, O,Hare, McGovern, Robson, Durban etc

pictures of players who won the second on the right, Charlie George, Franny Lee, Bruce Rioch etc.

1972 in the top left corner, 1975 in the top right corner.

9 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

In 2009 Rams fans voted for Derby's all time greatest team.  Your list is basically right there. Go for that 11 + Clough & Taylor. Sorted. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derby_County_F.C.#All-time_XI

Maybe a good idea not to choose Eranio at this current point in time...

I reckon you choose one from the Clough years and one from TBE years. You'll include all generations and show our two most successful times at the club. Maybe Roy Mac and Igor?

26 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Robbie savage 

Daveo, we need a dislike button.

Don't make it too 1970's heavy, we don't want to be living in the past in that way. A full range of era's should be represented. My suggestion: Bloomer, Jack Bowers, Carter & Doherty, Hector, MacFarland, Bobby Davison, Wright and Saunders, Eranio and Stimac, Thorne, Hughes, Martin.

Just to mention that we want this to represent players from throughout Derby's history, not just when we were successful. As a result we will obviously have players from the Clough teams and TBE team, but it's important we have players from times when we weren't successful who gave their all for the club.

Seth Johnson potentially for example.

I think we will look to have one or two current players who have already made an impact, for me that is either Will Hughes or Chris Martin BUT, it all depends on suggestions we get.

Last point, this flag will be BIG. Double the Super Rams flag as a minimum so the All Time XI will be on there, but we are expecting another 30, 40 people on there!

Archived