1884 Group - Legends Flag

TomBustler1884

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised no one has mentioned Chris Powell.

Would also add from since I have watched:

Bobby Davison, Mark Wright, Dean Saunders, Peter Shilton, Mart Poom, Igor Stimac, Stefanio Eranio, Paolo Wanchope.

Think you have to have the likes of Mackay, Hector, McFarland, George, Lee, Gemmill, Todd and Clough & Taylor as a starter.

Find a spot for Reg Harrison if possible, living link with our only FA Cup winning team.

Perhaps the only 'off-field' legends pictured (apart from promoted or title-winning managers) should be the Morleys - William, Snr. & Jr., who founded the club in 1884?

No doubt Gerald Mortimer's 'top 100' can be a lead-off point to select the best of the title-winners, along with iconic strikers including Bloomer, Hector, Straw and legendary defenders/schemers. Winning captains and top scorers, PoTYs and 'star' internationals (Archie, Charlie, Durban, Shilton....) can be in the 'draw' for the final pick.

Too many candidates for all the (Chris) Powells, Taribos,  Buckos, et all to be chosen IMHO but I would have Stimac, Wanchope, Oakley, Shilton, Poom perhaps as 'iconic' contributors to the cause or well known, top-flight players.

Quite a challenge to choose and design, I'd say! Big challenge to 'surf', and store, too!

Well done to 1884 for keeping the impetus going; we can make our stadium a spectacle if we all work together.

Use a good image of Roy McFarland, Kevin Hector and Charlie George and co, giving Real Madrid a humping at the BBG.

Might go down well with Super Paul Clement.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/pictures/photos-Derby-County-s-epic-win-Real-Madrid-1975/pictures-28035041-detail/pictures.html

Some great photo's here, like Roy McFarland lifting the Charity Shield trophy and loads of other great images.

media store house.

http://www.mediastorehouse.com/fr/derby-county/photo/55836.html

Some players I would like , on the flag in my time of watching the Rams since 1979 , are Roy Mac , Steve Buckley , Bobby Davison , Mark Wright , Dean Saunders , Peter Shilton , Ted Macminn , Eranio , Dean Sturidge , Wanchope , Poom , Stimac , Steve Howard , Micklewhite , Geraint Williams ,Van dear Laan , Seth Johnson and in the team at the moment Chris Martin for his goals and his effect on the team and Bryson for his hatrick against Forest ,and players who could be on it if we achieve promotion this year could be Keogh , Thorne and Russell.

3 hours ago, trooper said:

As sad as it sounds, pearson has to be on it for his winning goal at wembley, reg harrison has to be also for his fa cup win, as do players of the 70s, clough, mackay, smith, also.. 

With respect, warra loada rubbish.

what if we'd have won one nil with an own goal?

had a boing boing bagoshit on the flag?

:lol:

On 06 November 2015, The 1884 Group said:

Hi everyone

In case you haven't seen it in the 1884 Group thread, we are going to be getting a giant flag done with DCFC legends on.

We want Rams fans to help choose who should be on it by nominating their favourites from any point in DCFC history.

Please make your suggestions in this thread by 30 November and help us shape the flag!

Cheers

Tom

Wanchope

Archived