Realistic Forsyth replacements.

ollycutts1982

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, mcsilks said:

Is it? 

It is strong in midfield and we have depth at centre back. Aside from that, we have no quality cover in both full back slots (Baird is not a left back, Lowe is untested at this level) and no cover whatsoever up front in the system we play should we lose Martin. 

I don't think we have a particularly strong squad at all. We have strength in depth in central midfield and that is about that. 

If we are to sustain our top two push, I think we need to strengthen in certain areas otherwise I can only see the lottery of the play-offs awaiting as the season moves on and the injuries and loss of form occur. The sides above us have more quality in depth in all areas. 

I think we're fine for depth in every area apart from possibly the wings, we could do with 1 more so we have cover for each side

Current squad (excluding long term injuries)

GK: Carson + Grant - 2 good goalkeepers at Champ level

RB: Christie + Shotton + Baird - Christie looks like his old self and Shotton and Baird are fine backups

LB: Warnock + Lowe + Baird - Lowe untested and not many people are confident in Baird so hopefully Warnock can stay fit and be consistent and if not, we can always look to the loan market

CB: Keogh + Shackell + Pearce + Buxton + Shotton - Fine for centre backs

CDM: Thorne + Baird + Hanson + Johnson - Johnson looks very capable there so we should be fine if Thorne picks up a knock

CM: Johnson + Butterfield + Hendrick + Bryson + Hanson - We're fine for centre mids

Wingers: Russell + Ince + Weimann - Could maybe do with one more but Calero could possible do a job if required

CF: Martin + Bent + Weimann? - As Mel said, last season when Martin got injured we didn't have trouble scoring still, the issue was the defence. We looked nowhere near as good without Martin playing, but hopefully Clement has different systems that would suit Bent and not have a negative affect on the rest of the team should Martin pick up an injury

17 hours ago, WamRam said:

I've seen enough of Warnock to know he is not good enough for this level. No pace, no aerial ability, doesn't get forward, doesn't seem reliable and doesn't fill me with confidence. Some of the things he did on Tuesday we're utter garbage.

So just for the avoidance of doing, you believe you have a better eye for a player than both Paul Clement and Steve McClaren? 

Have you got your application in for the Huddersfield job yet? Assume it should be a formality.

13 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Forsyth is a player who has been given some unjustified stick on here over the last few months, gets injured and the place is in meltdown!  Warnock & Baird are above average experienced pros and if they can't hack it Clement will move for a replacement

As for the Ashley Cole brigade........................Ye gods man!  If you're looking for a world class, attacking, experienced left back then the 42 year old Robert Carlos is still playing for the Delhi Dynamos!!! :p

I didn't know that! We should get him and Ronaldinho in. You know, to cover for the thin ranks some people think we have in attack.

6 minutes ago, Shang said:

Baird played left back for WBA just last year! We have THREE covers, not as attacking with Warnock or Baird but they'll do a job fine!

Ever feel like the wall you're talking to talks back? Scary, isn't it.

19 hours ago, WamRam said:

I've seen enough of Warnock to know he is not good enough for this level. No pace, no aerial ability, doesn't get forward, doesn't seem reliable and doesn't fill me with confidence. Some of the things he did on Tuesday we're utter garbage.

More 'Wumram' than Wamram methinks

Warnock will be a fine temporary replacement, but as we have Fozzie out the rest of the season and as Warnock has all the experience but lacks pace, it would mean no attacking left wing.

So I reckon they will use the insurance and bring a 'pacier' LB in on a season loan and then use Warnock as a back up along with giving Lowe some experience in games.

Just now, super rams said:

Warnock will be a fine temporary replacement, but as we have Fozzie out the rest of the season and as Warnock has all the experience but lacks pace, it would mean no attacking left wing.

So I reckon they will use the insurance and bring a 'pacier' LB in on a season loan and then use Warnock as a back up along with giving Lowe so experience in games.

Nah.

5 minutes ago, super rams said:

So I reckon they will use the insurance and bring a 'pacier' LB in on a season loan and then use Warnock as a back up along with giving Lowe some experience in games.

That's the first time i've ever agreed with you 

Dont think a replacement is needed.

Warnock is capable but i just want him to calm down a bit, he goes in like a steam-train in the tackle where he could just stand on.

Baird as @Shang said has played at LB before... in the prem... last year, surely good enough for a few games

Lowe who I have seen a few times and rate highly, pacey but just a bit too soon? will struggle to defend against the best in this league and hes injured atm

Pearce has been played at LB and I am sure he is eager to break into the team and may take this opportunity in his stride.

Why loan in a player if we have 4 players who can play there? I rate Forsyth but I dont think he is irreplaceable, yes we will miss his forward play but we have 3 players who are solid defensively and 1 (baird) who would compliment Thorne with the possession game and Lowe who has the pace and energy to be a problem for the opposition going forward.  

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎07‎:‎57‎:‎26, G STAR RAM said:

So just for the avoidance of doing, you believe you have a better eye for a player than both Paul Clement and Steve McClaren? 

Have you got your application in for the Huddersfield job yet? Assume it should be a formality.

In that case lets just get rid of this whole thread because nobody can have an opinion on a player at the club because you're not the manager. Tit.

6 minutes ago, WamRam said:

In that case lets just get rid of this whole thread because nobody can have an opinion on a player at the club because you're not the manager. Tit.

Everyone entitled to an opinion.

Just wondering what you have seen in all of the 12 games he has played for us to make such a comment and form an opinion different to the managers who watch him train day in day out.

On 06/11/2015, 09:36:42, Shang said:

Baird played left back for WBA just last year! We have THREE covers, not as attacking with Warnock or Baird but they'll do a job fine!

This is true however have you had feedback from Baggies fans regards how Baird performed in this position 

Archived