Realistic Forsyth replacements.

ollycutts1982

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

I take WBA fans words over yours every day of the week tbh. 

So would I. Mind you, one or two of them were super rams quality trolls as well when we were playing Game of Thornes with them.

6 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

I take WBA fans words over yours every day of the week tbh. 

That's why I said what I did, my mates a season ticket holder at WBA, I said something on Baird when we first bought him - based on what I was told, something like versatile defender plays at LB/RB or CB, a bit slow and doesn't make many errors but when he does they are calamities.

He is ok as a sub, to bolster up the defence.

Forsyth is a player who has been given some unjustified stick on here over the last few months, gets injured and the place is in meltdown!  Warnock & Baird are above average experienced pros and if they can't hack it Clement will move for a replacement

As for the Ashley Cole brigade........................Ye gods man!  If you're looking for a world class, attacking, experienced left back then the 42 year old Robert Carlos is still playing for the Delhi Dynamos!!! :p

9 minutes ago, eddie said:

So would I. Mind you, one or two of them were super rams quality trolls as well when we were playing Game of Thornes with them.

Ah I can remembered that haha. 

2 hours ago, eddie said:

.........I don't have this inherent desire to tell everyone what a great judge of player I am. I leave that sort of nonsense to people who know a bit more about the game than I do.

With your own admission, I now know why you come out with such utter rubbish on our players....:p

3 hours ago, Uptherams said:

Don't underestimate how much a young player can progress, especially when they begin playing for the first team. Case in point Rawson. Given the comments from Mel and Paul it would appear that Forsyth is the one that keeps him out of the match day squad. Lowe is more like Forsyth than Warnock and perhaps PC likes the variety and also experience of Warnock to call on as backup to Forsyth. Which is why Lowe could not only play in some games now, but also get ahead of him in the pecking order. The reality is Warnock will not be able to play every game over the winter period as the games come in thick and fast. Lowe also benefits from being capable of playing LM too. From what I have seen from the lad, he never appears to be troubled. Calm as a cucumber. 

I trust their decision. But importantly, we will have funds available due to the insurance pay out. That can be spent anywhere they want. 

I wasn't meaning ability wise, im confident he is ready. I just meant are the management ready to throw him in yet. I hope so

More rubbish written in this thread than there'll be in tomorrow's bin collection. When will some people realise this is 'proper' football not bloody Football Manager or whatever it's called.

We have a manager who, quite rightly, is being lauded for the way he has settled into the role so let him get on with it. If he feels we need to replace Fozzy from outside the current squad then no doubt he will do that but so far, particularly in away games, he's shown enough faith in Warnock to make me think he will stick with what he's got.

Ashley Cole??? Give me strength!!!

I will be delighted to be proved wrong. People skating past him and him being shown a clean pair of eels has left me with a sore trout and haddock. This is not the plaice to discuss it, we will sea if he flounders tomorrow. i am not the sole person who holds this view, I just know that there are others and in gudgeon numbers who could chip in and get me off the hook. Get reel guys, we will know tomorrow and either you or me will have to change their sea view and sing to a new tuna two. We will rays a glass together when we get promoted this season. I am a stickleback for details. so no vague comments tomorrow please.

Clement and his staff seem to have a vague idea about how to run a team, so we can probably leave them to get on with it.

For what it's worth, I don't think we need to reinforce, but if it turns out that Warnock/Baird/Lowe aren't up to the job, then I'm confident that an adequate replacement will be brought in.

Keep calm and carry on.

47 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

As I see it ,we have 3 players capable of playing the left back position , Warnock , Baird and Lowe ,so I doubt very much if we will go out and get another left back .Our squad in the whole is as strong as it has been in years.

Is it? 

It is strong in midfield and we have depth at centre back. Aside from that, we have no quality cover in both full back slots (Baird is not a left back, Lowe is untested at this level) and no cover whatsoever up front in the system we play should we lose Martin. 

I don't think we have a particularly strong squad at all. We have strength in depth in central midfield and that is about that. 

If we are to sustain our top two push, I think we need to strengthen in certain areas otherwise I can only see the lottery of the play-offs awaiting as the season moves on and the injuries and loss of form occur. The sides above us have more quality in depth in all areas. 

Archived