Realistic Forsyth replacements.

ollycutts1982

Id just like to state that I rate warnock and baird higher than the average derby fan.

Infact Id even go as far as to say most derby fans opinions of these 2 are totally unjust.

Is it because they are not marauding wing backs who will take players on like foz and christie? You dont hear everyone slating bradley johnson for not being the ball demanding playmaker than George Thorne is.

Personally i wouldnt get anyone in on loan, especially if there are thinking of giving max lowe some minutes this season.

Im pretty sure Clement thinks the same.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See how we get on with what we have. 

See the same poster in this thread that takes every opportunity to have a pop at Derby. Always baiting. 

10 games, 8 wins, 2 draws. 1 defeat in 15. 

Not conceding, steady scoring, good control.

You're running low on ammo. Again

39 minutes ago, WorksopRam said:

I'm happy enough to see Warnock  in there but I'm a bit worried by his lack of height. He's feisty enough to not shy away from anything but we seem to face so many long balls down our left, and Forysth never seems to miss out on a header. 

His experience is key though. It wasn't all too long ago that he kept Leighton Baines out of the World Cup squad. 

I suggest you watch him closer. He's amazing in the air given his height. I'd say he is as good in the air as Fozzy despite being half a foot shorter.

2 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

I suggest you watch him closer. He's amazing in the air given his height. I'd say he is as good in the air as Fozzy despite being half a foot shorter.

He might be alright but no way is he as good as Forsyth in the air. 

Making up for lack of height by fighting tooth and nail to win a header against a big opposition player every time does and will lead to injuries. (Tuesday) 

No need for anyone else

Warnock deserves first chance then we have plenty of cover in Baird, Pearce and Lowe. Even Bucko could do a job there if called upon. Baird in particular looked absolutely at home in that position for the last fifteen minutes against Rangers, a time when we were under a bit of pressure.

These are easily better options than picking up another team's cast-off and at the same time they will retain the togetherness of the squad

For me I think we need to bring some one in on loan warnock is not good enough for this team playing 433 he has not got the pace or fitness to run up and down the pitch in the games he has played he looks way to slow hence the late tackles etc max Lowe maybe give him a chance to start however I have not seen him play and as stated before he is injured at this time and baird it's not his position warnock please no he will be the weak link in this team 

15 minutes ago, super rams said:

Cannot see what is wrong in Warnock in the left back position - he does have lots of experience.

Baird is a bit too slow at LB.

I still think as Fozzie is out for the rest of the season a loan deal will be done, after all if Warnock picks up a knock.......

A loan will be done IF Warnock picks up a long term knock. We have 3 for LB cover at the moment in Warnock, Lowe and then Baird.

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

we have adequate cover for him, Warnock, Baird and Lowe, we definitely don't need to bring anyone in, we already have a massive squad, leave it as it is, if we can't get promoted with the squad in this rubbish league then we don't deserve anything ever....my Gran could get this team promoted.

I'd imagine that the club view their timescale as until the end of Jan. If others stay injury free and perform then I can't imagine why they would. But if one or both of those isn't the case then we could quickly find ourselves with a new player. What's important is we stick with our squad for now. 

If Lowe can't get a look in (when fit) in the championship, he definitely won't in the prem. this is the right time to introduce him into the team.

PC likes to freshen up the wing backs with subs sometimes. Bring him on for a tired Warnock and see how he gets on. 

9 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

If Lowe can't get a look in (when fit) in the championship, he definitely won't in the prem. this is the right time to introduce him into the team.

PC likes to freshen up the wing backs with subs sometimes. Bring him on for a tired Warnock and see how he gets on. 

Don't underestimate how much a young player can progress, especially when they begin playing for the first team. Case in point Rawson. Given the comments from Mel and Paul it would appear that Forsyth is the one that keeps him out of the match day squad. Lowe is more like Forsyth than Warnock and perhaps PC likes the variety and also experience of Warnock to call on as backup to Forsyth. Which is why Lowe could not only play in some games now, but also get ahead of him in the pecking order. The reality is Warnock will not be able to play every game over the winter period as the games come in thick and fast. Lowe also benefits from being capable of playing LM too. From what I have seen from the lad, he never appears to be troubled. Calm as a cucumber. 

I trust their decision. But importantly, we will have funds available due to the insurance pay out. That can be spent anywhere they want. 

4 hours ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Realistic you say? Ashley Cole is still a free agent.

Isn't he still in bits after Mason Bennett tore him apart?

Archived