Realistic Forsyth replacements.

ollycutts1982

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I would have doubts over that. He has played very little football since January. You think he could of played Sat, Tues, Fri? 

it is a game of football thats all, of course he could play 3 games in a week, its easy......and the standard of this league is really really really poor this season, really poor.

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

it is a game of football thats all, of course he could play 3 games in a week, its easy......and the standard of this league is really really really poor this season, really poor.

Maybe so but he wouldn't be my choice, as has been said fozzy and Cyrus have contributed a lot going forward recently and I would want us to lose that. 

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I shall reply to your post despite it clearly being tongue in cheek.

While I agree the overall standard of the Championship is nothing to write home about, I do think that Derby are no better than the teams above us at the minute.

I am of the opinion that both Hull and Burnley have better squads than we do in terms of their depth and with only 2 places to play for, we might well come up short should we have injuries to key players. 

Forsyth is a key player (rather ironically as he was the weak link not so long back) merely because there is nobody waiting in the wings to replace him when injured or suffers from a loss of form. 

4 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Maybe so but he wouldn't be my choice, as has been said fozzy and Cyrus have contributed a lot going forward recently and I would want us to lose that. 

As long as we have Cyrus we'll cope. On whoscored Warnock has an average rating of 7.2 from the  games hes started, and one assist.

Forsyth also only has one assist but from 10 games (but is overall a better player in my opinion).

Warnock doesn't not get forward at all, he just can't bomb back and forth like Forysth can, so he chooses a little more carefully.

I've seen enough of Warnock to know he is not good enough for this level. No pace, no aerial ability, doesn't get forward, doesn't seem reliable and doesn't fill me with confidence. Some of the things he did on Tuesday we're utter garbage.

1 minute ago, WamRam said:

I've seen enough of Warnock to know he is not good enough for this level. No pace, no aerial ability, doesn't get forward, doesn't seem reliable and doesn't fill me with confidence. Some of the things he did on Tuesday we're utter garbage.

I think you need to look a little more closely at his stats. I think Forsyth is the better LB but Warnock has been good (minus one or two moments) when he's played.

I liked it when he won the ball and instead of playing it down the line he back heeled it to their player and was therefore out of position. I don't mind him as back up but don't want him as our regular LB. 

Its a difficult one, have to admit warnock has failed to impress me in his time here, im almost thinking square peg round hole time, not sure who. But then again wasnt forsythe square peg when he first played in that position for us?

I actually think bucko could probably do a job there but from a defensive point of view only. 

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I think you need to look a little more closely at his stats. I think Forsyth is the better LB but Warnock has been good (minus one or two moments) when he's played.

I've never seen him have a good game for us. Too slow in the tackle, means he catches players late. Not for me, rather see he leave and get someone in on loan and move Max Lowe up to the bench.

Regardless of what people may want to happen, it's likely that Warnock, Lowe and (more sparingly) Baird will be utilised until January, when there will be a review of their performances (assuming they stay fit). If the powers that be see no reason after that point to bring in a left back nothing will be done unless another LB gets injured.

I've never seen him have a good game for us. Too slow in the tackle, means he catches players late. Not for me, rather see he leave and get someone in on loan and move Max Lowe up to the bench.

Statistically, in the 5 games he's started, his average rating is our 5th best. Sure, he probably makes more mistakes than Forsyth and he doesn't attack as often (but he does attack, puts in half the amount of crosses as Forsyth, because he can't bomb up and down like CF) but he's more than adequate for the league with the team we have around him.

Besides it's not unikely that Lowe will supplant him before the end of the season.

Forsyth is not the bare minimum for LBs in the league, he is one of the best (whether you like him or not, LBs in the championship are of a pretty poor overall standard). Sure we're getting weaker with the loss, but not so weak that we have to panic and add more people into an already bursting squad. Warnock is adequate.

Warnock haven't played at the level he is capable of. Now it's expected and I think he'll do well. Some players, usually experienced ones, just need to start week in, week out to play well. Remember how much better Roberts was after selling Moxey?

Of course, we don't know what kind of insurance club has for our injured players. Does those moneys have to go to new player or is it just cash...

I'm happy enough to see Warnock  in there but I'm a bit worried by his lack of height. He's feisty enough to not shy away from anything but we seem to face so many long balls down our left, and Forysth never seems to miss out on a header. 

His experience is key though. It wasn't all too long ago that he kept Leighton Baines out of the World Cup squad. 

4 minutes ago, WorksopRam said:

I'm happy enough to see Warnock  in there but I'm a bit worried by his lack of height. He's feisty enough to not shy away from anything but we seem to face so many long balls down our left, and Forysth never seems to miss out on a header. 

It does appear that more teams play these days with big men out wide than proper wingers. Fozzy has sometimes struggled when he's come up against a smallish 'jinky' type traditional winger, but they've been few and far between. Against the wide target man type, he's been outstanding. With Warnock there we'll have to find another way to deal with that threat. I wonder if we might consider playing three centre halves against certain sides? Cyrus could easily play wing back, and I reckon Max Lowe might be more comfortable in that position.

8 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

It does appear that more teams play these days with big men out wide than proper wingers. Fozzy has sometimes struggled when he's come up against a smallish 'jinky' type traditional winger, but they've been few and far between. Against the wide target man type, he's been outstanding. With Warnock there we'll have to find another way to deal with that threat. I wonder if we might consider playing three centre halves against certain sides? Cyrus could easily play wing back, and I reckon Max Lowe might be more comfortable in that position.

A Mr B Johnson would do a decent job considering he started out as a left midfielder.  Got a good engine on him as well.

Just thought if Wardy is a little more up for Friday now he knows he'll be up against Warnock, wonder how they matched up in training last season...

8 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

A Mr B Johnson would do a decent job considering he started out as a left midfielder.  Got a good engine on him as well.

Just thought if Wardy is a little more up for Friday now he knows he'll be up against Warnock, wonder how they matched up in training last season...

Get your bets on first yellow or a sending off then if them two are directly up against each other. 

Archived