Realistic Forsyth replacements.

ollycutts1982

5 minutes ago, eddie said:

Isn't he still in bits after Mason Bennett tore him apart?

Think he's still having a nightmare about Bennett tore him apart. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No chance we will be getting a loan in so just accept it. And after what was said at the fans forum I would be very disappointed if we did.

We are supposed to be building a SUSTAINABLE club, not one that goes out and signs 34 year old has-beens.

Warnock is more than capable of playing the LB position, and Max Lowe should be given a chance too. After all, how else are we ever going to integrate our U21 players into the first team?

2 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Id just like to state that I rate warnock and baird higher than the average derby fan.

Infact Id even go as far as to say most derby fans opinions of these 2 are totally unjust.

Is it because they are not marauding wing backs who will take players on like foz and christie? You dont hear everyone slating bradley johnson for not being the ball demanding playmaker than George Thorne is.

Personally i wouldnt get anyone in on loan, especially if there are thinking of giving max lowe some minutes this season.

Im pretty sure Clement thinks the same.

Thank goodness not everyone in this thread is coming out with "I've seen enough of XYZ to know he's rubbish" crap. There's a reason why our head coach Paul Clement has no fear about playing Stephen Warnock - he rates him and trusts him to do a job.

That's enough for me because I don't have this inherent desire to tell everyone what a great judge of player I am. I leave that sort of nonsense to people who know a bit more about the game than I do.

1 hour ago, jimbobram said:

If Lowe can't get a look in (when fit) in the championship, he definitely won't in the prem. this is the right time to introduce him into the team.

PC likes to freshen up the wing backs with subs sometimes. Bring him on for a tired Warnock and see how he gets on. 

Max Lowe is only 18 - no reason at all why he won't be a dominant force in years to come if he's good enough. Throwing a kid into the fray has worked for Hughes, Hendrick, Hanson and Rawson (who has been a revelation at Rotherham) over recent years, but not necessarily week-in, week-out, and even though Forest away is definitely one match that fits the word 'fray', I'd leave it for a couple of weeks.

If Clement says that he wants Cole and Mel tries to get him, he will probably come. Three or four games in which we cannot cope at left back could cost us promotion. Back up, back up, back up. One player is out, get another one in, keep the numbers up. See last year for details.

Warnock is good enough, he just fits the scapegoat that some fans desperately need for some reason.

My one reservation with him is around the attacking part of his game and his ability to get up and down the wing which is key to the way we play.  Defensively I think he is more solid than Forsyth, and the earlier games which he played he appeared to be reserved in going forward, but this could be because they were the coaches instructions.

personally if someone was available better than what we have currently got, then why not bring them in, our main objective is promotion this year, appeasing the youngsters can wait.

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Think he's still having a nightmare about Bennett tore him apart. 

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Isn't he still in bits after Mason Bennett tore him apart?

He is still in bits after having a nightmare about Bennett tearing him apart

35 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Adamoah at the Riverside up against Warnock would scare me to death. But despite my reservations whoever pulls on a Derby shirt will have my full backing. 

Warnock played vs Adomah earlier in the season and had absolutely no problems against him. I only realised Adomah was playing when I couldn't see his name on the bench.

3 hours ago, SaintRam said:

A loan will be done IF Warnock picks up a long term knock. We have 3 for LB cover at the moment in Warnock, Lowe and then Baird.

As Warnock will be in tomorrow, Lowe is injured, that leaves only Baird as sole cover for LB.

We have insurance for players injuries, so why not use it and bring an experienced LB in after all that is the purpose of having the insurance?

We could use Lowe at LB cover once this injury clears up and it would give him first team experience but perhaps in easier games than Hull and Sheff Weds away............

Archived