Realistic Forsyth replacements.

ollycutts1982

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warnock, Baird and Pearce can all play LB (in that order). Lowe would be my immediate preference but that's only based on seeing a smattering of him at u21 level.

we have adequate cover for him, Warnock, Baird and Lowe, we definitely don't need to bring anyone in, we already have a massive squad, leave it as it is, if we can't get promoted with the squad in this rubbish league then we don't deserve anything ever....my Gran could get this team promoted.

Just now, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Realistic you say? Ashley Cole is still a free agent.

Wouldn't be a bad shout. Certainly has the experience. If his wages wouldn't be too high. Probably get slated for saying that. 

My only concern with Lowe would be is he ready? Last thing you want to do is rush him and end up shattering his confidence. If he was ready surely he would of been on the bench ahead of Warnock. 

Just now, ollycutts1982 said:

Considering I wrote the title yes. 

Not a regular starter at Spurs. Rose is playing well so barring injury won't get a look in. Might fancy a run of games in a team playing well and full of confidence. 

Still playing in their European games. And like us they need cover. Will dropping to the championship help his Euro 2016 ambitions with Wales, in a fight for the shirt with Taylor at Swansea?

I do recall reading that Johnson has played LB a fair bit in his career. Strongly left footed so could be a last resort option 

3 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Wouldn't be a bad shout. Certainly has the experience. If his wages wouldn't be too high. Probably get slated for saying that. 

My only concern with Lowe would be is he ready? Last thing you want to do is rush him and end up shattering his confidence. If he was ready surely he would of been on the bench ahead of Warnock. 

Ashley Cole would be a no go in my opinion. Was poor in Italy, really poor. Would be on huge wages. We have a big squad and u21s for a reason. Lowe got injured against Valencia B in the last game of the spanish tour (mid Octobor). Muscle injury, which you'd expect to be 4 weeks or so. Probably fit after international break.

I'd give it a couple of games to see, but I think we'll need a replacement. I don't think that Warnock has managed a full game for us yet, so his fitness must be open to question. He's also looked poor in just about every game he's played except for Tuesday. We have to give him the chance to come good first, but my (probably wrong) opinion is that he won't.

Baird is not a long term option as he can't/won't get forward and 433 needs attacking fullbacks. He's good as cover, but not as our main left back. I saw Max Lowe play three times last season and he didn't look ready to me. Unless he's really improved in the meantime, I can't see him stepping up this season.

So for me, try Warnock, and if it doesn't work find the best available loan option.

1 minute ago, CornwallRam said:

I'd give it a couple of games to see, but I think we'll need a replacement. I don't think that Warnock has managed a full game for us yet, so his fitness must be open to question. He's also looked poor in just about every game he's played except for Tuesday. We have to give him the chance to come good first, but my (probably wrong) opinion is that he won't.

Baird is not a long term option as he can't/won't get forward and 433 needs attacking fullbacks. He's good as cover, but not as our main left back. I saw Max Lowe play three times last season and he didn't look ready to me. Unless he's really improved in the meantime, I can't see him stepping up this season.

So for me, try Warnock, and if it doesn't work find the best available loan option.

I just wouldn't want to wait and see how it goes and potentially drop points when we are on such a good run. 

Chris Powell is free now isn't he? :ph34r:

Ashley Cole, Ben Davies..... can you hear yourselves....? no wonder other clubs hate us... we have 3 players who are able to play in the left back position....for gods sake a month ago everyone was saying that our two full backs are our week point and need to be dumped, now all of a sudden we have to get in Ashley Cole because Forsyth is out....! 

We will be fine with Warnock he is a very experienced player who is certainly good enough to play every game this season

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Ashley Cole, Ben Davies..... can you hear yourselves....? no wonder other clubs hate us... we have 3 players who are able to play in the left back position....for gods sake a month ago everyone was saying that our two full backs are our week point and need to be dumped, now all of a sudden we have to get in Ashley Cole because Forsyth is out....! 

We will be fine with Warnock he is a very experienced player who is certainly good enough to play every game this season

Good enough, yes. I'm not sure about fit enough. When we have 3 games in 7 days I can see Warnock playing the first and third with Lowe/Baird stepping in for the middle one.

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I would have doubts over that. He has played very little football since January. You think he could of played Sat, Tues, Fri? 

Archived