Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Chris Mills

58 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

A lot of criticism for Christie but he was pretty much our only outlet and kept driving forward. People saying he should have got the ball into the box more quickly, and maybe that's true, but whenever we did put quick ball into the box there was nobody there - noone was making forward runs. I would say Christie was very much one of the better performers on the night.

Correct but people still wanted Butterfield over Hendrick. Hendrick may not have been great but he tries to get forward.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointing not to beat a team like that but the local rivalry makes it a completely different beast. All through Nigel's tenure we usually got the better of them even though we were the underdogs.....the boots on the other foot right now and they've won their cup final and kept Dougie in a job.

They will be happy to finish mid table where as we will be disappointed not to win the League so lets put it behind us and concentrate on the next three points.

Good interviews on ramsplayer from warnock and Clement....both tell it how it is and warnocks,in particular,explains,a little,what happened out there tonight.

Let's put this to bed and not have a Iraq style 10 year enquiry into it...we will have the odd bad game,every team does....let's move on and leave the players to lick their wounds.

More important matters are ahead for us

Just now, Chris Mills said:

Can I first of all apologise for letting us down in this game. Unfortunately complacency has got the better of me. 

Chris the redeemer is no more. All the best to the successor. 

Up the Rams. 

Guess how many beers I have had

We are just debating whether to ban you permanently or merely arrange for people to come round and hurt you.

We'll let you know.

3 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

Can I first of all apologise for letting us down in this game. Unfortunately complacency has got the better of me. 

Chris the redeemer is no more. All the best to the successor. 

Up the Rams. 

Guess how many beers I have had

3-0

Fosters

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Correct but people still wanted Butterfield over Hendrick. Hendrick may not have been great but he tries to get forward.

He had one shot. A typical side footed effort. 

Butterfield just ties things together much better. He is more like hughes. And he has a powerful shot.

e.g. Drilled shot / goal v rotherham and rob green's great save from another thumper v qpr.

i'm not sure that clement - or many fans - yet fully appreciate what a good player butterfield is.

I admit Jeff drives me crackers with his strolling, ball watching, and dozing off. 

.....and i do wish he could tackle.

Carson 6 - good save from ward , maybe could have saved the goal, 

christie 6 - had little support and was expected to it all himself

warnock 7 - his best performance, great cross

shackell 6 - solid enough

keogh 5 - this was the keogh from last season, charging around, and ending up on his arrse

thorne - 4 didn't look right, affected by another 

heavy challenge

johnson 6 - i thought he played ok altho was hitting a lot more long passes

hendrick 5 - despite hitting the bar, 

russell 5 - knackered, blind alleys and dead ends

martin 5 - less effective than normal and a crap free kick

weimann - 5 hardly noticed him

clement 4 - still spouting on about Ancellotti, wrong selection, too slow to act

2 hours ago, StringerBell said:

I think 'the worst game since the jewell era' is the only one that raised my eyebrows. Your'e perhaps including me in this but I don't see why venting at an extremely poor display against your local rivals when you get one shot on target all game is going overboard.

It's not just you who's done it but you always get the inevitable 'calm down dear' posts by people who are apparently above it all. People are a bit cheesed off and with good reason. I actually think the posts tonight are pretty reserved, probably due to the positivity around the club at the minute.

The "calm down dear" is just a coping mechanism. It's funny how Forest becomes "just another game" when we lose, but kind of a big deal when we win. I refuse to engage in such mental gymnastics. The Clough Trophy belongs in Derby and we've condemned it to another 4 months of exile. It's always a big deal to me.

53 minutes ago, Anon said:

The "calm down dear" is just a coping mechanism. It's funny how Forest becomes "just another game" when we lose, but kind of a big deal when we win. I refuse to engage in such mental gymnastics. The Clough Trophy belongs in Derby and we've condemned it to another 4 months of exile. It's always a big deal to me.

In fairness, plenty of us on here were touting it as just another game before KO. 

I thought I'd come on and read the craziness, certainly didn't disappoint although I've taken a lot of encouragement from how Clement spoke after the game, and also from the fact people on here seem to have noticed it.

7 hours ago, Ramshackled said:

Utterly dreadful.  This is where PC and the coaching team will have to earn their corn, there was so much that went wrong tonight.  So many players just couldn't pick a pass tonight, especially into the box.  Deeply frustrated.

Clement waited too long to ring the changes, He should have switched to 4-4-2 after 60 minutes.

There's been some debate about what we'd do if Martin got injured. The real question is what do we do when two strong centre backs nullify him. The answer is that Hendrick, Russell, Weimann, Ince or Butterfield deliver. They didn't tonight, although to be fair, Ince and Butterfield looked way more likely when they came on. Isn't hindsight great? You won't win when three of your team (at least) are below par. Put it to bed and let's go on another run.

Archived