Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Chris Mills

Can't see why there should be a meltdown on here. The early goal dictated the game and they defended and battled well. We didn't click and most players didn't have a very good game. 

It's been a good season so far, with a new manager, new signings and coming on the back of last season's actual meltdown. It's not much fun to lose to Forest but it's only one game, worth the same as all the others. It was almost quaint seeing their average players do so well.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atrocious performance from start to finish. How a team like ours cannot raise their game against dross like Forest is beyond me. Apart from Warnock not one player got above a 5/10. In the scheme of things it doesn't really matter - we will be in the top 6 and the scum will be nowhere, but it's a matter of pride.

Over the 90 mins forest deserved to win. Too many players off their game tonight and we sorely missed hughes. Martin, hendrik and Thorne were near on useless. Butterfield has to start!!!

It's not worth getting down about it though. It's just another game you don't win promotion by winning just 2 games a season.

This will be Forests highlight of the season. Small club, small time fans. 

3 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

In many years?? Did you see us at the end of last season?

Yes. I remember 3-3 draws and 4-4 draws with some dodgy defending but at least we knew how to attack. Maybe the reading game we were at least as poor. But not making the keeper make a save? Against ******* forest?  That's as bad as it gets surely especially as we went in with the strongest squad I have ever seen since the days of eranio and baiano. 

I am usually the first to criticise a poor performance, but I think emotion is getting the better of a lot of you.

I don't think we were that bad. On another day two or three of our chances would have nestled in the back of the net and we would all be ecstatic.

That's not to say that Forest didn't deserve it. Defensively they played extremely well and their counter attacks were highly effective. I also agree that it seemed as though they wanted it more.

The biggest worry for me all night was when Thorne went down, and that turned out to be nothing, so overall I am not concerned and I am still feeling positive for the rest of the season.

Poor timing but the team just had a bad day. Was surprised Hendrick went off. Johnson and Thorne looked tired and were no match for Forest's energy and passion. 

Martin and Russell were very poor but the rest just ordinary.

Puts pressure on our next two fixtures.

12 minutes ago, BEBA said:

Too many players heads went to the occasion, Christie, Russell, Hendrick and surprisingly Johnson all well off their game. I can't believe with how narrow Forest were playing that no-one got to the byline to cut the ball back all game. Hopefully they pick themselves up and start another good run from here.

Johnson was poor Tuesday, carried that on tonight.

Not going to comment on the match again: we're still a good team and forest are still *****; still rather be a Ram than a tree.

In other news Danny Higginbotham is a decent pundit, really knows what he talking about.

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Yes. I remember 3-3 draws and 4-4 draws with some dodgy defending but at least we knew how to attack. Maybe the reading game we were at least as poor. But not making the keeper make a save? Against ******* forest?  That's as bad as it gets surely especially as we went in with the strongest squad I have ever seen since the days of eranio and baiano. 

Our defending was absolutely catastrophic at the end of last season - to say this is our worst performance in many years is extraordinary. I'd say even our home defeat to forest last season was worse than this.

We've been spectacular recently - our run had to come to an end, and it makes sense that it was in a game where emotions are through the roof and form is out of the window.

I'm disappointed, but hardly devastated. A 1-0 defeat to a deflected goal is not the end of our season.

3 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Poor timing but the team just had a bad day. Was surprised Hendrick went off. Johnson and Thorne looked tired and were no match for Forest's energy and passion. 

Martin and Russell were very poor but the rest just ordinary.

Puts pressure on our next two fixtures.

I thought thorne was the best of a very bad bunch in midfield. Was surprised that butterfield didn't start but then again he didn't make that much difference. Also surprised ince didn't start but ditto. 

4 minutes ago, Redshaw_Ram said:

I am usually the first to criticise a poor performance, but I think emotion is getting the better of a lot of you.

I don't think we were that bad. On another day two or three of our chances would have nestled in the back of the net and we would all be ecstatic.

That's not to say that Forest didn't deserve it. Defensively they played extremely well and their counter attacks were highly effective. I also agree that it seemed as though they wanted it more.

The biggest worry for me all night was when Thorne went down, and that turned out to be nothing, so overall I am not concerned and I am still feeling positive for the rest of the season.

Chances? What chances? Shocked at that comment.... we had a couple of pot shots 1st half thats it.

Archived