Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Chris Mills

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to post once then I'm off for the weekend (to avoid the inevitable meltdown). The lads just didn't look up to it, no leader out there today, forest, hats off to them played for their manager. Time to stand up, dust themselves off and come back from this stronger than before, that 16 points has only been trimmed to 13 after all lads ;)

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Carson - decent

Christie - extremely ****

Keogh - average

Shackell - average

Warnock - Good

Thorne - ****

Johnson - extremely ****

Hendrick - ****

Russell - ****

Weimann - ****

Martin - ****

subs - ****

Mostly accurate except christie ***** and martin and russell were both extremely ******. Incedentaly the stars are not ratings. 

Worryingly this team has the same issues as last Seasons - they bottle it when the pressure is on

Just not good enough - I'm not saying they weren't trying but they just we're not up for it, didn't seem to be aware of the importance of this game 

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Poor performance from too many. We were never going to win a game with so many underpar.

Congratulations Forest, they defended superbly.

We move on. 

Nothing more to say really. Beat Cardiff in two weeks all will be forgotten.

Really in my experience these games are never that easily forgotten especially not after 1 game.

Warnock the only positive.

Russell the worst player on the pitch.

Christie had a stinker.

Martin probably had the worst individual performance in comparison to what he can normally  do.

We were creating nothing, and had our most creative player on the bench. I can see the thinking behind starting Hendrick, but it should have been a case of getting Butterfield on the pitch as soon as it became clear that it wasn't working in the second half.

No idea why Johnson was playing so deep either.

Russell's work rate only reason he's in the team otherwise he is mainly pretty *****, weekend ruined but have to credit them anyway heads up bigger picture to look at 

they deserved that, poor performance from us, too many games in a week for most of them. Thorne doesnt have that excuse though, and after that knock his attitude was awful. there was too much moaning all round, and when Martin isnt playing well, it goes to shiite i suppose. thas bad. only lost 2 all season though..... just happened to be to leeds and forest. bolderdash. 2 weeks to sit on this. 

tbh I thought this season we had players who would be able to deal with big games like this but as everyone knows from watching that we were completely ****. Usually Clement seems good at getting us to improve in the second half when we have a **** first half but I have to say that performance was on par with the Portsmouth performance on levels of **** maybe even worse considering it was against the scum, yet again an embarrassing game on sky for all to see, luckily a two week break til we play Cardiff. I just can't believe how **** we were today based on how much money we spent in the summer. Rant over onto Cardiff in 15 days time COYR

Clem was out tactic-ed by Freedman tonight, thought Forest were terrific and we were so under par it was like the beginning of the season again.

No matter, it showed how far we've come this season. Learn your lessons, move on and get back to winning against Cardiff. 

Not the end of the world. Just a 1-0 loss. Shackell, Warnock and Carson had good games. The rest of them were awful though. Truly pathetic display. Martin was doing nothing but giving the ball away, Johnson didn't know if he was coming or going. Hendrick looked lost and Thorne looked unfit and uninterested. Christie was scared to beat his man and kept making the wrong choice. Please don't put your arm round them Paul. Need a good shouting at. 

23 minutes ago, Srg said:

Carson 6, Warnock 5, Keogh 5, Shackell 6, Christie 6, Thorne 5, Johnson 4, Hendrick 5, Russell 4, Weimann 5, Martin 3. 

For you to give Warnock 5 is something, but anyone with a brain would have given him 8 or more. He was by a long, long way, Derby's best player.

Archived