Why's Sam Rush so quiet these days

Curtains

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably wise to keep a low profile.

2 of his big ideas have bitten the dust.

relationships with other clubs allowing us to cadge loans

and the recruitment team has been blitzed.

the axeman is on the loose.

I thought exactly the same thing the other day.

When the rumour of changes behind the scene started I wondered if Sam would be the man making way.

PR is so important and in house management also is important .

Mel Morris is good at this along with the Manager Paul Clement  

I

PR is so important and in house management also is important .

Mel Morris is good at this along with the Manager Paul Clement  

I

There is no better PR for a football club than on field performances though.

I suppose Sam has done everything asked of him and can take a back seat until the next transfer window.

I thought Rush had a significant investment in the club along with Mel?

I doubt we'd look to get rid of, I think our bigger concern would be him being poached by a premier league club.

But yes, for the time being, it's in season and in the hands of the team and Clement. I'm sure if a big new commercial partner comes in or what ever the goatie of doom will be out to tell us all about it.

Probably wise to keep a low profile.

2 of his big ideas have bitten the dust.

relationships with other clubs allowing us to cadge loans

and the recruitment team has been blitzed.

the axeman is on the loose.

Maybe loans aren't so important now Mel has splashed some cash!

I know people won't agree with me, but Sam Rush was the catalyst for the new found (rediscovered) passion in Derby. The fact we are contenders and media darlings is down to Rush's blueprint, and hopefully that won't be lost on Mel Morris.

I know people won't agree with me, but Sam Rush was the catalyst for the new found (rediscovered) passion in Derby. The fact we are contenders and media darlings is down to Rush's blueprint, and hopefully that won't be lost on Mel Morris.

I do. Ambition.

Totally agree. Sam Rush is the best thing to happen to Derby County this side of the millennium. When he eventually moves on, we'll notice a change in the club on par with when McClaren left Jim Smith (but obviously in a different capacity).

I think Rush had alot of work early on to try and get the club into a good financial state and to reorganise and improve the all round running of the club. At this point it looks like hes mostly done that and probably doesnt need to be as busy any more, still a vital part of the management at Derby and has done tremendous work for the club.

Is it just my imagination or has he took a back seat a bit more. 

Another surreal thread from the Salvador Dali of the forum. 

He's the CEO. He's not a player or coach.

During the transfer window we saw a lot of him as we were signing players and after that window when the the public face of the club revolves around playing games we haven't.

I don't think Scooby Doo would much help from Shaggy ,Freddie, Thelma and Daphne to solve this mystery. 

The last time we saw him was when Johnny Russell extended his contract. That was the last time you'd expect to have seen him.

Archived