Kevin Phillips new coach

Mafiabob

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea on his actual ability as a coach but he comes from a club currently doing very well and I like the ambition it shows. I get the feeling Clement is very much the boss and not overly pally pally with the players (like McClaren), someone to be the link between the two could well be a vital addition. If that is how Clement sees it then credit to him for recognising what is needed.

Surprised by this considering he was on Five Live on Tuesday's 5 Live Football Daily telling the show how great things were at Leicester.

I can only think the reason he would leave a premiership club riding on the crest of a wave to join a Championship club would be wages. Why else?

Think this is good news

Is it me or since the change in management it always looks like the pre-match warm up is a bit of an under 14s sunday morning kick-in v the keeper

It's changed, Vale, but I don't think in the way you suggest.

The subs warm up separately now - under SM they did that too for several matches and then they changed it back, but so far I think every other team we have played this season has done the same.  But the main warm up seems to me to be pretty efficient - they time everything and move on to a different exercise at the relevant moment, they warm attackers up separately from defenders at certain points in the process (and include the holding midfielder with the defenders) and they have a passing/shooting routine rather than just a 'belt it at the keeper' routine.  They also practice free kicks before they go in and have introduced Jonathan Mitchell into the session, which must be great for him and his development.

The half time subs warm up does feel more of a lark now - I think SM or Simmo did try to make that more intensive but it has reverted to a few passing the ball around/flick ear games with a running in a line across the pitch routine, which doesn't look to be particularly meaningful.

Surprised by this considering he was on Five Live on Tuesday's 5 Live Football Daily telling the show how great things were at Leicester.

I can only think the reason he would leave a premiership club riding on the crest of a wave to join a Championship club would be wages. Why else?

Career promotion?

And possible club promotion to the EPL?

And maybe more money too

Leicester are doing great at the moment but the chance to join a big club with history is just too hard to turn down for ambitious people.

I'm sure someone on here, who said they knew him or at least knew him better than me, commented that he absolutely detested Derby and the fans after the play-off final.

It's all Chinese whispers, but I'd like someone on here to clarify that was said and I'm not going mental. Please. Anyone. 

must really deteste us letting his lad join the academy

Sorry, I have no idea who was the midwife who attended to Nixon's mum's labour. 

Him and Keogh. A journo's wet dream.

Bit of a dumb question though (no surprise!)

"Yeah, I woke up this morning and my agent called and said he'd quit Leicester on my behalf and signed a contract with Derby. Didn't even tell me how much I was getting paid. I was happy at Leicester and now I'm all confused."

I'd hazard a guess that he'll have a much more prominent role with us. He's not short of a bob or two I'd imagine so doubtful it'd be money that makes him drop down..

So we have a first time assistant coach, alongside a first time manager who was previously an assistant coach. Interesting. 

Under Sam 'First time CEO' Rush, of course.

Archived