Kevin Phillips new coach

Mafiabob

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He said one of the reasons amongst others was to try and forge a unity with the players. I wonder if a few divides are starting?

Yeah I found that line intriguing. In the interview on Rams Player he mentions he knows the GK coach from his time with West Brom, knows Peacock through the FA, knows the youth team/setup through his lad, and played alongside various players who are in the first team. If we were looking for someone to unite the club, he's probably one of very few that tick so many boxes in that respect.

He said one of the reasons amongst others was to try and forge a unity with the players. I wonder if a few divides are starting?

I picked up on that comment. Not so much divides amongst the players but between the players and PC.  I think he will be PC's man in the dressing room so to speak. Maybe Clement needs a respected footballer to deal with "the lads". I have sensed there has been a connection missing. Could be a very shrewd move.

I'm sure someone on here, who said they knew him or at least knew him better than me, commented that he absolutely detested Derby and the fans after the play-off final.

It's all Chinese whispers, but I'd like someone on here to clarify that was said and I'm not going mental. Please. Anyone. 

I don't know anything about his coaching ability or style, or whether or not he'll fit in, or be of any use. I don't therefore have any basis to form an opinion. I'll therefore state that I don't know what to think about this appointment and I'll just accept it and move on.

Thanks.

Archived