Rugby World Cup 2015

StockholmRam

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should all use the criteria that the Republic of Ireland use for eligibility for their national football side - you know, the one where you get in if you've ever drunk a pint of Guiness. I like the Lord of the Rings films, surely that qualifies me as a Kiwi? Go ABs!!!!

If you found that boring, then fair play, Rugby probably isn't your game.

just constant "fouls" for things I didn't understand and looked perfectly normal compared to everything else that goes off. Really disjointed to watch.

dont think I'll be watching anything other than England anytime soon. 

Just got home from Twickenham, and still seething at how s**** England were in the second half.  Indisciplined in the pack, so many penalties given away, and to cap it all had to stand next to two Welshmen creaming their pants in ecstasy.  We've had it, the Aussies will give us a right spanking. 

Just got home from Twickenham, and still seething at how s**** England were in the second half.  Indisciplined in the pack, so many penalties given away, and to cap it all had to stand next to two Welshmen creaming their pants in ecstasy.  We've had it, the Aussies will give us a right spanking. 

no they wont. They're not that good at the moment.

As I have previously stated I have a limited knowledge of tactics, but it seemed to me that late in the second half England kicked forward too much, not from deep in their half, you have to clear your lines, but from near halfway giving the ball back to Wales,

Surely they should have run it more and tried not to scrum too much and risk less silly penalties.

Where England still ahead when Sam Burgess was subbed ?.

Well, despite the scoreline Australia's second team had issues there. Ill disiplined, made plenty of unforced errors. Quade Cooper's chances of earning back that number 10 shirt are vanishing without a trace. 

Australia do look more organised on set pieces than a remember being in recent memory though. Will be interesting to see the England match. 

We should all use the criteria that the Republic of Ireland use for eligibility for their national football side - you know, the one where you get in if you've ever drunk a pint of Guiness. I like the Lord of the Rings films, surely that qualifies me as a Kiwi? Go ABs!!!!

Or the England cricket team, which is bizarrely the national cricket team of England and Wales combined, and traditionally crammed with South Africans.

I realise this is me not understanding the game but it seems to be 30 odd fat blokes kicking the ball in the air, catching it, then kicking back to the other lot.  Tried watching 10 minutes or so.  I'll not bother again.

Gave up trying to watch it years ago BR...its the most boring sport to watch (including cricket, golf and table tennis!!!).

At least there's some comedy value now with the fat ***** wearing skin tight kit making them look even more fatter. 

I care. I come from Rugby and have had years of arrogant privately educated ******* spoiling my town. They have been saying stuff like what you suggest for centuries. *****. 

Sorry Andy but the lads and lasses attending Rugby school annoying the cr@p out of you bears very little relevance to modern international rugby... As much relevance as the public school boys who played football in England's first years of international games...

The game as it has widened globally has seen a far superior weight of selection going to players educated in state schools as opposed to public school... Current England squad has only 5 players from public school... The World Cup winning team from England in 2003 only had 2... Current Australia..All Blacks..South Africa have zero ( and yes there are public/ private education schools in those countries).

No idea of your age but I'm 50 and in my lifetime most of the greatest players I have seen ( Campase, JPR Williams, Dan Carter, Serge Blanco, Ritchie McCaw, Brian Habana, Mervyn Davies, Phil Bennett , Dean Richards, Sterling Mortlock and many more) were not educated at public schools... 

Im an ( scholarship ) ex Public Schoolboy myself and appreciate what you are saying about a certain degree of superiority and arrogance..there were numerous like that at my school... Utch will confirm how some of my school swanned around Uttoxeter with airs and graces... But it's not all of us... And as I said earlier has little to do with the modern game...

Have a read about Campion School in Hornchurch mate...a fantastic school for producing rugby players.. 

Sorry Andy but the lads and lasses attending Rugby school annoying the cr@p out of you bears very little relevance to modern international rugby... As much relevance as the public school boys who played football in England's first years of international games...

The game as it has widened globally has seen a far superior weight of selection going to players educated in state schools as opposed to public school... Current England squad has only 5 players from public school... The World Cup winning team from England in 2003 only had 2... Current Australia..All Blacks..South Africa have zero ( and yes there are public/ private education schools in those countries).

No idea of your age but I'm 50 and in my lifetime most of the greatest players I have seen ( Campase, JPR Williams, Dan Carter, Serge Blanco, Ritchie McCaw, Brian Habana, Mervyn Davies, Phil Bennett , Dean Richards, Sterling Mortlock and many more) were not educated at public schools... 

Im an ( scholarship ) ex Public Schoolboy myself and appreciate what you are saying about a certain degree of superiority and arrogance..there were numerous like that at my school... Utch will confirm how some of my school swanned around Uttoxeter with airs and graces... But it's not all of us... And as I said earlier has little to do with the modern game...

Have a read about Campion School in Hornchurch mate...a fantastic school for producing rugby players.. 

You're kidding? He's not a public schoolboy? So why does he sound like a Bond villain!? :lol:

You're kidding? He's not a public schoolboy? So why does he sound like a Bond villain!? :lol:

I might have got Sterling wrong..he went to an independent in Aus..but none the less there are hundreds , thousands of international players not public school....

Glad to see my thread finally got going.. I'd given up on it.. 

Ive been to Twickenham for England v Fiji and Wales stopping off to see The a Mighty Rams beat MK Dons on the way down last Saturday... 

The loss to Wales was akin to the feeling of losing to Foxes and QPR in play off finals..just horrible... Let's hope for a better feeling on Sat v Australia...

I love rugby ( Union and League) but have to say that there is part of me beginning to worry and even agree with the " boring/ laboured" school of thought... Those of us who follow the game of course understand the breakdown, scrums etc...but this tournament is supposed to leave a legacy and inspire those youngsters who have never played the game... But the new rules and interpretations ( not using hands or off feet as example) are slowing the game down considerably... I'd prefer to see more free kicks and tap penalties given for infringements..keep the game rolling... 

I might have got Sterling wrong..he went to an independent in Aus..but none the less there are hundreds , thousands of international players not public school....

Glad to see my thread finally got going.. I'd given up on it.. 

Ive been to Twickenham for England v Fiji and Wales stopping off to see The a Mighty Rams beat MK Dons on the way down last Saturday... 

The loss to Wales was akin to the feeling of losing to Foxes and QPR in play off finals..just horrible... Let's hope for a better feeling on Sat v Australia...

I love rugby ( Union and League) but have to say that there is part of me beginning to worry and even agree with the " boring/ laboured" school of thought... Those of us who follow the game of course understand the breakdown, scrums etc...but this tournament is supposed to leave a legacy and inspire those youngsters who have never played the game... But the new rules and interpretations ( not using hands or off feet as example) are slowing the game down considerably... I'd prefer to see more free kicks and tap penalties given for infringements..keep the game rolling... 

I guess I'm one of those people that kind of becomes a bit of a rugby fan when it's on TV. I don't always follow some of the rules but it's a decently engaging game to watch. One thing that annoys me is how easily games can be won on penalties for seemingly mundane fouls. Look at England basically losing to "Dan Biggar and a few other guys". I know that's the price you pay for poor discipline but it doesn't get the game moving at all.

I was really talking about the ones from private schools rather than the main public schools but I take your point.

I'm talking about the England team. I couldn't give a monkeys about those other places. 

And it's not just the players on the pitch.

Archived