James Wilson

Ambitious

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why the hell are we getting another striker?

It seems to me that Clement's been taught at Chelsea, PSG and Real trhat if the solution to a problem isn't obvious, throw money at it; here, I don't even know what problem he's trying to solve.

We only have two strikers, a third is necessary given the likelihood of a striking injury over the season.

What is Bent and Wieman thinking? Both were in premier league some time ago-dropped a division to get some game time

Neither have done enough to earn a regular starting place, arguably they've been the poorest performers of the new lot, so if I were them I would be thinking I'd better buck my ideas up. Just because they played in the PL doesn't mean they automatically deserve a start.

Regarding Wilson, never really heard of him, never seen him play, no idea whether it's a good move or not, can't really understand why people say this is an amazing signing as he's young with not many appearances under his belt, and he might not even get much of a game.

Best just to wait and see.

I dont understand why some fans are saying "Why do we need another striker"

We had Martin and Bent last season and what happened there? 

We need options up front. To get out if this division you need to have 3 strikers imo. Always thought we were lacking up top.

Watford had it last season with Deeney, Ighalo and Vydra. 

The lad can definately finish. 

Given Man Utds striker situation at the minute im amazed they are letting him out on loan.

Hope he doesn't have one of those ridiculous clauses where we have to play him a certain amount of times like we had to with lingard. If he does then it's a lose-lose scenario for us. If he flops then we will have to still play him. If he plays really well then man utd will recall him like liverpool did with ibe

Back pages review last night on Talksport was predicting that the loan of  Wilson to Derby  -    or elsewhere  - will be confirmed today..   They were discussing the fact that Man U were short on strikers and suggesting a call-back should be part of the deal.   Is this not automatic anyway but not until after the first month?  Or as in the case of IBE in Jan window if it is a season long loan.

I dont understand why some fans are saying "Why do we need another striker"

We had Martin and Bent last season and what happened there? 

We need options up front. To get out if this division you need to have 3 strikers imo. Always thought we were lacking up top.

Watford had it last season with Deeney, Ighalo and Vydra. 

The lad can definately finish. 

Given Man Utds striker situation at the minute im amazed they are letting him out on loan.

Weimann and Russell are good enough as the 3rd and 4th strikers respectively. 

Hope he doesn't have one of those ridiculous clauses where we have to play him a certain amount of times like we had to with lingard. If he does then it's a lose-lose scenario for us. If he flops then we will have to still play him. If he plays really well then man utd will recall him like liverpool did with ibe

Did we have such a clause? People said we had the same with Tom Carroll, before he got dropped.

Back pages review last night on Talksport was predicting that the loan of  Wilson to Derby  -    or elsewhere  - will be confirmed today..   They were discussing the fact that Man U were short on strikers and suggesting a call-back should be part of the deal.   Is this not automatic anyway but not until after the first month?  Or as in the case of IBE in Jan window if it is a season long loan.

It's automatic at all times when it is a youth loan.

He's probably the most like for like change for Martin we've had since Martin joined the club. Obviously they offer slightly different things, but if martin got injured we're gonna need someone like Wilson to come in and play that role.

That was the major loss of last season. Everything broke down when Martin was injured.

Bent, Russell and Weimann just don't offer anything similar.

Like has been said before, Wilson will have to wait for his chance which is good because Martin will finally have some competition.

If Wilson signs, that is.

Archived