James Wilson

Ambitious

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope he comes. Don't know much about him, but if he gets selected on merit great. In a sporting context there is no problem as far as I can see with competition for places, dog eat dog scenarios, etc. I want players busting their arses to be first selection. Over the first 5 league games been signs of complacency. Martin and Bent in particular need to wake up. Weimann I think needs a bit of settling in time as he might be a bit unsettled moving from West to East Midlands. Different world.

Wilson is a player with the potential to 'blow up' - he's definitely a better prospect than Bamford when we had him. 

I guess we'll have to see, he will come here knowing he needs to earn his place. I don't think he'll go straight into the starting line-up and I do actually think we are the best move for him. 

He could go to Wolves, Boro...etc and get regular game time comfortably. However, here, he will need to knock very established strikers out of the side - something he will need to do if he is to make it at United.  

Archived