James Wilson

Ambitious

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im sure hes good and all that, but currently players we have that can play striker:

martin

Bent

Weimman

Russell

Bennet

we already have a fair few who can fill 1 spot (4-3-3/4-2-3-1) or 2 spots (4-4-2), i dont think we need another one, and really, hes just a less experienced darren bent

Went to watch the England U21s at Deepdale the other day. He came on for the majority of the second half and wasn't anything to shout about. He scored, but anybody can stick the ball in from 3 yards out into an empty net. I'd rather see us give Weimann a fair shot up front.

Not going to happen but we need a striker who can score twenty goals on grass not just on paper.

we already have one called Martin :) we've got plenty of firepower we just need a way of gelling them altogether and playing at the top of their game week in week out.

if we passed the ball quicker out of defence rather than slow and letting teams get 2 banks of 4 back in defence we'd open teams up easy.

if we passed the ball quicker out of defence rather than slow and letting teams get 2 banks of 4 back in defence we'd open teams up easy.

We did that for 45 minutes against Birmingham and 25 minutes against Leeds. On both occasions it was immediately half time.

Our biggest problem at the minute isn't formation or players - it's not waking up until half the match has eluded us, and often showing too little too late.

It's difficult to gauge our forwards so far they've been disappointing so far this year but that's partly cos of the fact our midfield has been decimated by injuries. I would like to see a winger added . 

"Manchester United's 19-year-old striker James Wilson has had over 20 clubs making enquiries about his availability for a loan move"

That's more than 12!

I'm not overly fussed if we get him, but if Sam Rush did pull this one out of the hat I think he could claim the freedom of the City. 

Archived