inviting unnecessary pressure on yourself?

ronnieronalde

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I'm new round here I don't know that back story to that?

why are people saying you are a forest fan? It's not because you dare to have an opinion that doesn't match theirs is it?

No, I don't think it's got anything to with my opinion being different to theirs.

it's probably because they're 16 year old kids or argumentative adults who strongly believe in football rivalry and can't distinguish between sensibly put points and petty childish arguments.

Maybe right but to be fair your book video may have given the impression you are a Forest fan Ronnie....

image.jpg

There's only one way I see Clement has invited unnecessary pressure upon himself, and that was stating top 2 is the goal this season.

He may think that, we may think that, but I know those above him don't think like that, it's an invitation to be pulled up on it, and labelled a failure externally when it may not be the case. 

As for things like the team sheet and half time team talks, that's just inconsequential fluff.

There's a big difference in Ancelotti taking Clement with him to the biggest club in the world and Clough taking Garner and Crosby to the Blunts. Similarly, it's disingenuous of you to suggest he would stay on at Madrid under a new coach.

I too saw that language line in Percy's interview and my guess is that the journo (a massive Gump fan) was being a little mischievous, taking advantage of Clement's modesty. There's a difference in being quickly fluent in a language and coaching in Spannish (which Clement did) and knowing every little nuance and foible to be in on the jokes in a Spannish dressing room. That's fair enough. It's hard to become totally bilingual in a year or so late in life.

McClaren is rightly lauded for his coaching and I was a strong advocate for keeping him for this campaign, but his weakness is his inflexibility. Doubtless Clement has weaknesses too - I think he's being over cautious in these opening games, but that's understandable and easily forgivable.

You'll dispute it, but really it comes across as everyone else is keeping an open mind and you're the one finding fault when there is none. I'd let it lie and wait until we're ten games in and then have another look at how we're doing.

Loyalty is loyalty Carl. Whether that's at Real Madrid or Man City, Sheffield United or Burton Albion. You see so many instances of coaches following managers, not only first team coaches, but goalkeeper coaches and so on.

I'm happy to let it lie and keeping my fingers crossed for a win soon. I'm not so sure it'll come on Saturday, probably depends on whether Butterfield can hit the ground running. I think Rosler is very astute and has set up his teams to bully us off the park the last few times we've met him.

I just want to come back to your earlier point about being less predictable than simply playing through Martin, that teams realised that if they stop Chris, they'll stop Derby.

I'm worried that we're not playing through Chris enough and so far, the goals for column is the biggest concern I've got.

3 goals in 4 games doesn't suggest that we're causing teams bigger threats, or that we have better options than last season.

We'd scored a 2 a 2 and a 5 in the first 5 games. With 5 different goalscorers.

So far this, we haven't scored more than one and have never been ahead in a game and only two players have got on the scoresheet.

That's why I'm missing where the certainty is coming from.

Maybe right but to be fair your book video may have given the impression you are a Forest fan Ronnie....

image.jpg

Thanks for posting that Daveo, you've done my credibility a massive favour there ;-)

What can I say, that's just the only "memorabilia" I've got tying the story together and the Brian Clough red and White army is one of the key chapters in the book.

it's a big regret of mine that pictures, tickets, programmes, penants etc were all stolen or sold by my dad so he could have a beer.

If the story was connected to Derby County football club, I'd have worn that shirt instead.

If anyone wants to send me a shirt from the season he won the league, I'd be delighted to show my "shared" allegiances in the next video :-)

There's only one way I see Clement has invited unnecessary pressure upon himself, and that was stating top 2 is the goal this season.

He may think that, we may think that, but I know those above him don't think like that, it's an invitation to be pulled up on it, and labelled a failure externally when it may not be the case. 

As for things like the team sheet and half time team talks, that's just inconsequential fluff.

I have been waiting for someone profound to come on here and sum up this thread. I thought it was meaningless ****** but I think inconsequential fluff is more apt, and certainly more reader friendly.

Ronnie, I'm not sure many or indeed any of us are convinced as to how good or bad PC will be as yet. I think the consensus is that it is too soon to come to a decision.

Based on what I have seen so far we were poor at Bolton we were diabolical at Portsmouth but since then we have improved dramatically.  The last 13 games last season killed our team. Whoever took over first of all had to stop us leaking goals. Secondly they had to improve or maintain the quality of the squad and integrate a more professional flexibility of system. All this has/is been done.

I note the players during interview are still refering to getting to grips with the requirement. That's good in that they are being challenged to raise to a higher and more intelligent way of playing.

So far so good.

Good point. Under all the preseason optimism nobody was really talking about something that was concerning me a lot - the fact that we were were low on confidence, sliding down the table and playing relegation form. Clement has stopped the slide in making us harder to beat even if we aren't trouncing anybody just yet.

Thanks for posting that Daveo, you've done my credibility a massive favour there ;-)

What can I say, that's just the only "memorabilia" I've got tying the story together and the Brian Clough red and White army is one of the key chapters in the book.

it's a big regret of mine that pictures, tickets, programmes, penants etc were all stolen or sold by my dad so he could have a beer.

If the story was connected to Derby County football club, I'd have worn that shirt instead.

If anyone wants to send me a shirt from the season he won the league, I'd be delighted to show my "shared" allegiances in the next video :-)

I remember talking with you before on who you support, very rare time I can claim to be ITK on here. Can understand why those that may have missed that post but have watched your book video in a Forest shirt singing will think you are tho.

For anyone that didn't know, Ronnie supports more teams than AmericanRam has, Forest, Leeds, Leicester, Juventus and .....QPR :p 

I'm not a Forest fan Tombo.

I just don't hate them. I'm not into hating, especially not football clubs where I spent the best years of my life.

I haven't been to a Forest game since Stuart Pearce's testimonial.

Have a go if you want, but try to stick to facts.

Didn't actually mean to say you were, poorly worded. Sorry about that. Probably should have said I've not heard anyone else pay any real attention to it, not even Forest fans, with the exception of you.

I hate to be seen as somewhat a messenger of GREAT DOOM regarding Derby County FC right now. But you know you have only won two out of the last eighteen competitive games since the end of last February, & that was against relegated Blackpool & Wigan ?. That's even worse than bad relegation form. WHERE HAS IT ALL GONE SO WRONG??????? Over to you Mr Rush ?.

With regards to the squad list who cares? I do monthly reports one time I forgot to change the months to the most recent. Got pointed out loads of times I learnt my lesson moved on and ever since they've all been perfect.

It's his 1st management job chill your beans he's dong fine IMO trying different systems etc which is nice to see it will come good mid-late season.

I hate to be seen as somewhat a messenger of GREAT DOOM regarding Derby County FC right now. But you know you have only won two out of the last eighteen competitive games since the end of last February, & that was against relegated Blackpool & Wigan ?. That's even worse than bad relegation form. WHERE HAS IT ALL GONE SO WRONG??????? Over to you Mr Rush ?.

I was dreading this day, I knew the messenger of GREAT DOOM was on it's way but I have my doubts on the authenticity of this messenger of GREAT DOOM, his keyboard is sticky as the CAPS LOCK keeps getting stuck so I'm guessing this is related with a disregard for where you shoot your SEMAN, I hope this isn't a FAMILY computer you are on. And with a name like TETRA, come on really? sounds FISHY to me. 

Anyhow your stats are right if you really are the messenger of GREAT DOOM, you have proven your counting skills to be exceptional, why you are picking February to start your statistics I'm not sure,.....ha ha only joking! It's because if you said we have lost just 1 in the last 11 league games it wouldn't have sounded as DOOMY.

You could have also said in this Calendar year you have lost 6 league games out of 26, now that doesn't sound anything special but it doesn't sound DOOMY either. 

Now the question that is on everyones mind, who does the messenger of GREAT DOOM support, my first thought was FOREST but then his exceptional counting skills have made me doubt this. But then a FOREST fan must know his team's results have been worse than Derby's even without exceptional counting skills,  1 win in the last 12 league games, 7 losses in the last 12 but we're counting competitive games so that would be 1 win in the last 13 and 8 losses in the last 13 and the win came against the mighty Rotherham with Derby's 3rd choice keeper in goal.

Could it be a BURNLEY fan still upset over losing SHACKELL, again nothing impressive there either with 3 wins in 13 or 5 in 21 sounds even worse, but that was in the Premier League with new signings in Sordell, Kightly, Gilks, Ward, Boyd and the Juke. Was DOOMED from the start. To be honest I think most BURNLEY fans would have moved on now to target Forest and FAWAZ with the LANSBURY saga.

That leaves one last candidate, HUDDERSFIELD TOWN, but again the exceptional counting skills don't really fit with that, but let's give him the benefit of doubt, maybe YORKSHIRE has calculators now and he has a NVQ in calculator skills. The stats look a bit more rosey there, despite a poor start to this season with 0 wins and 3 draws, over the last 2 seasons which the messenger of GREAT DOOM is using they have also lost 1 in the last 11 the same as us BUT the messenger of GREAT DOOM would also be aware they have only won 2 in that period all be it 1 against the famous back to back European Cup winners. 

But why HUDDERSFIELD? easy, a certain MR JACOB BUTTERFIELD, upset at losing their best player and POTY to the DOOMED DERBY COUNTY, for the life of him cannot understand why JACOB would leave the YORKSHIRE GIANTS for a club in such a poor state like DERBY.

Must be the ££££, typical DERBY trying to BUY the league and become the first club in CHAMPIONSHIP HISTORY to buy players and build a squad capable of PROMOTION, which this squad with the very welcome addition of BUTTERFIELD is what this squad is. A fan that can only dream of signings like INCE, SHACKELL, WEIMANN and being serious candidates for promotion to the PREMIER LEAGUE.

Reveal yourself messenger of GREAT DOOM, take off the cloak and show your COLOURS.

I was dreading this day, I knew the messenger of GREAT DOOM was on it's way but I have my doubts on the authenticity of this messenger of GREAT DOOM, his keyboard is sticky as the CAPS LOCK keeps getting stuck so I'm guessing this is related with a disregard for where you shoot your SEMAN, I hope this isn't a FAMILY computer you are on. And with a name like TETRA, come on really? sounds FISHY to me. 

Anyhow your stats are right if you really are the messenger of GREAT DOOM, you have proven your counting skills to be exceptional, why you are picking February to start your statistics I'm not sure,.....ha ha only joking! It's because if you said we have lost just 1 in the last 11 league games it wouldn't have sounded as DOOMY.

You could have also said in this Calendar year you have lost 6 league games out of 26, now that doesn't sound anything special but it doesn't sound DOOMY either. 

Now the question that is on everyones mind, who does the messenger of GREAT DOOM support, my first thought was FOREST but then his exceptional counting skills have made me doubt this. But then a FOREST fan must know his team's results have been worse than Derby's even without exceptional counting skills,  1 win in the last 12 league games, 7 losses in the last 12 but we're counting competitive games so that would be 1 win in the last 13 and 8 losses in the last 13 and the win came against the mighty Rotherham with Derby's 3rd choice keeper in goal.

Could it be a BURNLEY fan still upset over losing SHACKELL, again nothing impressive there either with 3 wins in 13 or 5 in 21 sounds even worse, but that was in the Premier League with new signings in Sordell, Kightly, Gilks, Ward, Boyd and the Juke. Was DOOMED from the start. To be honest I think most BURNLEY fans would have moved on now to target Forest and FAWAZ with the LANSBURY saga.

That leaves one last candidate, HUDDERSFIELD TOWN, but again the exceptional counting skills don't really fit with that, but let's give him the benefit of doubt, maybe YORKSHIRE has calculators now and he has a NVQ in calculator skills. The stats look a bit more rosey there, despite a poor start to this season with 0 wins and 3 draws, over the last 2 seasons which the messenger of GREAT DOOM is using they have also lost 1 in the last 11 the same as us BUT the messenger of GREAT DOOM would also be aware they have only won 2 in that period all be it 1 against the famous back to back European Cup winners. 

But why HUDDERSFIELD? easy, a certain MR JACOB BUTTERFIELD, upset at losing their best player and POTY to the DOOMED DERBY COUNTY, for the life of him cannot understand why JACOB would leave the YORKSHIRE GIANTS for a club in such a poor state like DERBY.

Must be the ££££, typical DERBY trying to BUY the league and become the first club in CHAMPIONSHIP HISTORY to buy players and build a squad capable of PROMOTION, which this squad with the very welcome addition of BUTTERFIELD is what this squad is. A fan that can only dream of signings like INCE, SHACKELL, WEIMANN and being serious candidates for promotion to the PREMIER LEAGUE.

Reveal yourself messenger of GREAT DOOM, take off the cloak and show your COLOURS.

You really do have a lot of time on your hands daveo.

But has put a smile on my face, for a Monday morning that's a rarity.

Welcome to the forum TETRA, which club do you follow ?

Isn't a tetra some fancy sort of goldfish? Probably Leicester. Guppy used to play for them.

Archived