inviting unnecessary pressure on yourself?

ronnieronalde

I'll ask again.

What has this got to do with a manager who was fired 2 years ago? 

Have I given Clement anywhere near the same stick NIgel got for that? Of course not

The abuse he took after that interview and the subsequent lies that were written about was actually pretty sickening. I still see people quoting now that he told him to go back to Poland or wherever he came from.

Have I given him anyway near the same kind of stick Nigel got for going out of the cup to lower league side? Of course not.

Did you see Jose "single out" 7 of his players as not being good enough? he listed them all on the telly, on the radio and on the internet.

Any relevance there? Of course not.

I've given Clement NO STICK whatsoever, not a jot.

Don't lump me into the same basket as the clowns and neanderthals who run around this forum shouting, swearing, and screaming dog's abuse, I'm a bit cleverer than that.

Your 'facts' about what Cloughie said re Cykwa are just wrong. He didn't say 'go back to Poland' but he did say 'go back to wherever .. ' in a post match radio interview cos I heard it.The point of complaint was that he criticising players in public, something Clough did regularly ( even at Sheff Utd ) and rightly got stick for it. 

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your 'facts' about what Cloughie said re Cykwa are just wrong. He didn't say 'go back to Poland' but he did say 'go back to wherever .. ' in a post match radio interview cos I heard it.The point of complaint was that he criticising players in public, something Clough did regularly ( even at Sheff Utd ) and rightly got stick for it. 

er.. he did say Poland!

That's how Chinese whispers start. 

That's what I mean about people spreading ridiculous and slightly sickening rumours.

It's not quite so racist when he says he can go back to Wigan or wherever he came from (Wigan being the team he came from)

No matter how many times I've told people to read the report (and I believe the interview is still online somewhere as well) they STILL tell me I'VE got MY facts wrong.

Cheers for pointing it out Daveo and @eddie

Eh? first of all I didn't put any "facts".

Secondly I clearly wrote that I still see people quoting that he said go back to Poland "or wherever he came from".

Not sure what you're pointint out really.

As for the criticising players in public?

He answers questions put to him by radio presenters. If they ask him who was at fault for the goal, he answers. I personally have a lot of dislike for local presenters cos first of all they're usually garbage and mis-read the game, secondly they've got a duty to report the game "fairly accurately" cos it's the only way most fans get to hear what goes on at away games, they usually get it wrong and paint a picture of doom, then people who haven't seen the game start criticising the performance and pointing out who was rubbish. all from the commentators views.

Thirdly and I hear it week in and week out, they ask stupidly leading questions to try to provoke some kind of response. The numpties. Most of them have no clue.

Finally he got criticised at Sheffield United if it was raining outside. They're even bigger moaners than you lot.

Have you seen how many ex layers of his re-joined him? If he was such a a nasty fecker, do you think Brayford, Ben Davies, Kieron Freeman, Steve Davies, Jay McCevely, Paul Coutts, Jake Buxton would have re-joined him?

Now, they're "facts" about Nigel and I'm pretty sure they're right.

Thirdly and I hear it week in and week out, they ask stupidly leading questions to try to provoke some kind of response. The numpties. Most of them have no clue.

Finally he got criticised at Sheffield United if it was raining outside. They're even bigger moaners than you lot.

He was criticised at Sheffield for having one of the highest budgets and only just making the play-offs whilst playing dire football. 

He was criticised at Sheffield for having one of the highest budgets and only just making the play-offs whilst playing dire football. 

Nowt as daft as football fans is there?

He was criticised for getting them from third bottom having won one game in 15 up to 7th. He was criticised for going on the longest winning run in their history, he was criticised for having the most consecutive clean sheets in their history.

He was criticised for getting them to 2 Cup Semi Finals in 18 months, making them the most successful cup side in England.

He was criticised for finishing 5th, despite having the 4th (FOURTH) highest budget in League One.  That's having sold Harry maguire for 2.5m and making nearly 4m from both of the cup runs.

He was criticised for signing Che Adams from non-league, who's now worth more than he spent on his entire playing squad. He was criticised for turning Jamie Murphy from a player who they wanted to bomb out into a 1.5m signing for Brighton.

Like I said before, football fans, the majority of them are idiots who if they told me today was Monday, I'd have to look twice to make sure they were right.

Football fans are daft. I saw Everton fans had a flyby banner asking Kenwright to do one last week, as they dicked Southampton away!!

Anyway, that does beg the question I have been looking for an opportunity to ask, knowing how you feel about Sam Rush for his treatment of Nigel Clough, how does his treatment at the hands of Sheff United compare in your eyes? Do you have any strong feelings towards the person that sacked Nigel there?

Football fans are daft. I saw Everton fans had a flyby banner asking Kenwright to do one last week, as they dicked Southampton away!!

Anyway, that does beg the question I have been looking for an opportunity to ask, knowing how you feel about Sam Rush for his treatment of Nigel Clough, how does his treatment at the hands of Sheff United compare in your eyes? Do you have any strong feelings towards the person that sacked Nigel there?

Yes I do Mostyn. I think he's an idiot. 

I think he bottled it but I don't know what was said in that final meeting.

What I do know was he told me that Nigel was staying and then he fired him. Maybe Nigel needs to learn to play the political game a little better, IF he gets another opportunity. I hope he does but I think it might take a while and anyway I'm not sure he's in a rush to get back in. 

Sheffield United was a cracking opportunity for him, big club, big fan base, good tradtion, similar to Derby but probably a level down in terms of everything really.

Where I will give McCabe and Phipps credit, they've hired a very good manager in Adkins, and I can't dislike him, even though he was "scouting" the Blades for three months before he got the job, which pretty much means he was sitting waiting for another manager to get the sack, similar to what McClaren did here at Derby then again at Newcastle under Carver.

I don't like that type of person.

Nigel Clough has spent his entire life around footballers,and will have seen most attitudes,good and bad..

and he reacts the way he thinks is best for the club and the player,and honesty is one of his main attributes.

Sheffield utd like derby are better for his input and opinion about players

Eh? first of all I didn't put any "facts".

Secondly I clearly wrote that I still see people quoting that he said go back to Poland "or wherever he came from".

Not sure what you're pointint out really.

As for the criticising players in public?

He answers questions put to him by radio presenters. If they ask him who was at fault for the goal, he answers. I personally have a lot of dislike for local presenters cos first of all they're usually garbage and mis-read the game, secondly they've got a duty to report the game "fairly accurately" cos it's the only way most fans get to hear what goes on at away games, they usually get it wrong and paint a picture of doom, then people who haven't seen the game start criticising the performance and pointing out who was rubbish. all from the commentators views.

Have you seen how many ex layers of his re-joined him? If he was such a a nasty fecker, do you think Brayford, Ben Davies, Kieron Freeman, Steve Davies, Jay McCevely, Paul Coutts, Jake Buxton would have re-joined him?

Now, they're "facts" about Nigel and I'm pretty sure they're right.

It's all going a bit Rafa Benitez.

"You wan' to tok abah' tha' fax"

He was criticised for getting them from third bottom having won one game in 15 up to 7th. He was criticised for going on the longest winning run in their history, he was criticised for having the most consecutive clean sheets in their history.

He was criticised for getting them to 2 Cup Semi Finals in 18 months, making them the most successful cup side in England.

He was criticised for finishing 5th, despite having the 4th (FOURTH) highest budget in League One.  That's having sold Harry maguire for 2.5m and making nearly 4m from both of the cup runs.

He was criticised for signing Che Adams from non-league, who's now worth more than he spent on his entire playing squad. He was criticised for turning Jamie Murphy from a player who they wanted to bomb out into a 1.5m signing for Brighton.

Like I said before, football fans, the majority of them are idiots who if they told me today was Monday, I'd have to look twice to make sure they were right.

still made the same mistakes as he did at derby though......

we all know what they were, still made the same at sheffield utd.

I was dreading this day, I knew the messenger of GREAT DOOM was on it's way but I have my doubts on the authenticity of this messenger of GREAT DOOM, his keyboard is sticky as the CAPS LOCK keeps getting stuck so I'm guessing this is related with a disregard for where you shoot your SEMAN, I hope this isn't a FAMILY computer you are on. And with a name like TETRA, come on really? sounds FISHY to me. 

Anyhow your stats are right if you really are the messenger of GREAT DOOM, you have proven your counting skills to be exceptional, why you are picking February to start your statistics I'm not sure,.....ha ha only joking! It's because if you said we have lost just 1 in the last 11 league games it wouldn't have sounded as DOOMY.

You could have also said in this Calendar year you have lost 6 league games out of 26, now that doesn't sound anything special but it doesn't sound DOOMY either. 

Now the question that is on everyones mind, who does the messenger of GREAT DOOM support, my first thought was FOREST but then his exceptional counting skills have made me doubt this. But then a FOREST fan must know his team's results have been worse than Derby's even without exceptional counting skills,  1 win in the last 12 league games, 7 losses in the last 12 but we're counting competitive games so that would be 1 win in the last 13 and 8 losses in the last 13 and the win came against the mighty Rotherham with Derby's 3rd choice keeper in goal.

Could it be a BURNLEY fan still upset over losing SHACKELL, again nothing impressive there either with 3 wins in 13 or 5 in 21 sounds even worse, but that was in the Premier League with new signings in Sordell, Kightly, Gilks, Ward, Boyd and the Juke. Was DOOMED from the start. To be honest I think most BURNLEY fans would have moved on now to target Forest and FAWAZ with the LANSBURY saga.

That leaves one last candidate, HUDDERSFIELD TOWN, but again the exceptional counting skills don't really fit with that, but let's give him the benefit of doubt, maybe YORKSHIRE has calculators now and he has a NVQ in calculator skills. The stats look a bit more rosey there, despite a poor start to this season with 0 wins and 3 draws, over the last 2 seasons which the messenger of GREAT DOOM is using they have also lost 1 in the last 11 the same as us BUT the messenger of GREAT DOOM would also be aware they have only won 2 in that period all be it 1 against the famous back to back European Cup winners. 

But why HUDDERSFIELD? easy, a certain MR JACOB BUTTERFIELD, upset at losing their best player and POTY to the DOOMED DERBY COUNTY, for the life of him cannot understand why JACOB would leave the YORKSHIRE GIANTS for a club in such a poor state like DERBY.

Must be the ££££, typical DERBY trying to BUY the league and become the first club in CHAMPIONSHIP HISTORY to buy players and build a squad capable of PROMOTION, which this squad with the very welcome addition of BUTTERFIELD is what this squad is. A fan that can only dream of signings like INCE, SHACKELL, WEIMANN and being serious candidates for promotion to the PREMIER LEAGUE.

Reveal yourself messenger of GREAT DOOM, take off the cloak and show your COLOURS.

I'm well impressed with that deeply thought out reply, I obviously hit a rather big nerve in your brain ?.

Who do I support ?. Well your getting closer but your still a long way of my beaten track. By the way by way of a little clue, you don't always need to spend loads of DOSH on what you call DREAM SIGNINGS to be successful ?.

I'm well impressed with that deeply thought out reply, I obviously hit a rather big nerve in your brain ?.

Who do I support ?. Well your getting closer but your still a long way of my beaten track. By the way by way of a little clue, you don't always need to spend loads of DOSH on what you call DREAM SIGNINGS to be successful ?.

got it.

Ps. couldn't give a toss who you support. Day I sign up on a rivals message board for 2 posts like yours, is the day I wonder how rubbish my life has truly become. Why you here mate? Not #bantz is it?

Archived