inviting unnecessary pressure on yourself?

ronnieronalde

I think to date he has made a very good impression at Derby, and in addition injected some much needed optimism at the club.

i liked mclaren and was sad to see him go, the football he brought to the club was a pleasure to watch, and he was only one game away from taking us up, however it's very obvious that things off the field finally led to the decision that got rid of him.

Bringing in PC is a gamble, he has no managerial experience and should it go wrong then rush deserves to take some stick given the credit he was rightly given in getting rid of the poor manager we had prior to SM.  having said that, judging PC after 4 games....really ??  Even the proven managers get longer than that, pullis and koeman (excuse the spelling) are both in the bottom 3, I wonder if their fans are questioning their ability.

One thing I have learned from this thread though, is that Rush is so wealthy to be able to invest so much money into the club, I thought he was the CEO, not someone who has spent 15m, on players he has identified and brought in :-)  

There you go again twisting points to suit your agenda. At no point did I say it was Sam Rush's own money he was spending/wasting.

Does it make the 15m any less cos it's not his money LeedsRam?

Does it make it better that it's someone else's money he's spent?

How can you argue with the points I'm raising, then sit there and agree that Clement is a gamble?

wtf were you arguing about exaclty? What have I said that's so different from what you've said.

Who's judging him? have I said anywhere that it's my final judgement on him?

I don't care about Koeman or Pullis but I bet there are fans who are questioning them, cos that's the nature of fans.

for goodness sakes fella, you'd argue black was white if it was me who told you, and you'd manage to get a narky Clough reference in there as well.

You'll probably do well to remember that YOUR club  had hardly won a game for two seasons and he took over when it was a real basket case. Still, slip that "poor"  manager comment in there and smile away at yourself for being so funny with it :-)

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't being critical of clough, I didn't call him NLN, or living of your dads name Nigel, I was just commenting that SR deserves a big pat on my the back for taking a not so popular decision at the time and getting it right.

Oh and poor is the wrong term, he did stabilise the club through a difficult time of which he did a good job at.  The football though for the most was dross, except for that one period, where had he continued like that, I would have more than happy to see him be at the helm.

As for PC, I do think it's a gamble, but I don't have the footballing background Mr Rush has, I haven't interviewed clement, and I'm no wannabe Gary Neville who thinks he knows more than the hiring and firing guys at the club, I judge what I see on the field not off :-)

I see quite a few comparisons but I probably shouldn't mention the fact that he'd just brought in at least 4 "key" first teamers. Including 1 who'd been on loan for the last part of the previous season. Russell, Forsyth, Grant and Martin, off the top of my head I can't remember if there were any more. You could argue he needed time for that new first team to gel.

He got 9 league games. I'll leave it you to see if want to do a points comparison of those 9 games v's the same 9 games while Steve was in charge having "transformed" the club.

Now one's an unlucky genius, the other one poor and now the new guy who faces the same issues can't be "judged" too early?

Sam set the rules. He made the change cos the season was slipping away after 9 games. How soon is too soon Sam?

Nice "dig"

To be very honest, I think I'm more than holding my own in the face of massive and un-necessary pressure :-)

That's just it though Ronnie, in my eyes you've made a mountain out of a molehill! 

You haven't heaped massive and unnecessary pressure on yourself, simply people have pointed out the issue's that have concerned you so far about PC aren't issues at all in the majorities eyes.

I'm sure we all have reservations about Clement, but they're not heightened or enhanced in any way by the issues you've chose to bring up.

As stated before, I'm more concerned about the pressure he's chose to bring upon himself to be top 2 , but on the other hand I applaud his confidence.

You've not been kicked black and blue in this thread, merely had your shirt tugged at a corner.

my summary

Ronnie has mentioned two possible things about PC he doesn't like. Its been turned into a NC thread by others who say "you cabt criticise him you never criticised NC. A bit unfair.

In another thread someone criticised a PC decision, instead of telling the poster they aren't allowed to the topic raised was discussed.

why the difference?

if the issues were as much of a non issue as,some claim why post in the thread? Why not just ignore it as unimportant.

No difference.

BCO = BCO.

I got through 4 pages of this thread before finally thinking this has to be a wind up. 

What an absolute waste of time, I feel sorry for someone who has so little in their life that 4 minutes 52 seconds of a mans time and a typo deserves pages of serious debate. 

You can tear strips off me if you like but I too have an opinion and that's it. Plus I won't read it.  

Seriously? 

Paul Clement taking 4 minutes and 52 seconds to enter the dressing rooms at half-time, Gary Rowett sporting jumpers and Quique Sanchez Flores crouching on the touchline.

Disturbing, abnormal behaviour. Get 'em out now.

Paul Clement wearing pullovers on the touch line. Now there's a topic worth a debate. It must be damaging for the tracksuit industry 

Archived