Signed: Jacob Butterfield

Heisenberg

Good player, good signing. There's another thread talking about have the signings we have made added value and made us better. With Hughes out long term, Butterfield would make us better. At the moment we have Hendrick and Hanson in there, with Bryson back in a month. I'd argue Butterfield would start over all three.

What he said.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Odd one for me this as i cannot ever remember him playin.... is he more of an attacking midfielder as that is what we need.... saturday we were crying out for a more advanced centre mid.... an actual hughes replacement.... bridcutt and this guy we been linked with.... would want someone of the Pritchard category more

Odd one for me this as i cannot ever remember him playin.... is he more of an attacking midfielder as that is what we need.... saturday we were crying out for a more advanced centre mid.... an actual hughes replacement.... bridcutt and this guy we been linked with.... would want someone of the Pritchard category more

Was one of the most sought after players in the league when he was at Barnsley.

I'd say he plays the typical '8' position just like Hughes does. This makes a lot more sense than Birdsausage. 

In terms of basic goalscoring, no. Both Bryson and Hendrick are more prolific. Hendrick scores 1 in 8; Bryson 1 in 7 and Butterfield 1 in 11.

If he's as good as some on here claim, I'm surprised Huddersfield haven't done better. But they haven't...

In terms of basic goalscoring, no. Both Bryson and Hendrick are more prolific. Hendrick scores 1 in 8; Bryson 1 in 7 and Butterfield 1 in 11.

If he's as good as some on here claim, I'm surprised Huddersfield haven't done better. But they haven't...

So are you saying he isn't a good player because Huddersfield did poor in the league? (I'm not one of the people claiming he's any good)

Asked a Huddersfield fan about Butterfield and this was the response:

"Butterfield is class our best player by a mile seriously hacked off at the minute tbh smithies off to qpr butterfield and scannel also rumoured to be going and we're signing freebies and lower league players as replacements relegation looms large imo"

So are you saying he isn't a good player because Huddersfield did poor in the league? (I'm not one of the people claiming he's any good)

I'm saying it's a piece of evidence that would suggest that, but of course isn't conclusive. But Huddersfield had decent other players too and finished 16th.

Hughes is far from a goal scorer but how highly do we rate him? 

Plus, but Butterfield in a better team (us) and he might score more goals. 

The question was if he's an attacking midfielder. I'm pointing out that his strike rate is a lot worse than our existing midfielders. Have Hendrick and Bryson always played in good Derby teams? Absolutely not, but they've always scored more goals.

He is just what we need in my opinion. Looks like he can carry the ball out of midfield and has an eye for a pass.

I think theres something in this. When we get linked with players (Bannan, Barton for example) it comes out pretty quick in the telegraph that we arent in for them.

Nothing has come out to say we arent interested.

Id expect Butterfield in by the time we play Birmingham.

I have heard nothing at all on this its just a feeling.

Asked a Huddersfield fan about Butterfield and this was the response:

"Butterfield is class our best player by a mile seriously hacked off at the minute tbh smithies off to qpr butterfield and scannel also rumoured to be going and we're signing freebies and lower league players as replacements relegation looms large imo"

I've always thought Scanell looks a decent player, suprised he's only 24 seems to have been around forever.

I've always thought Scanell looks a decent player, suprised he's only 24 seems to have been around forever.

Yeah it sounds like him and Butterfield were their 2 main players last season. Butterfield won fan's player of the year by 1% over Scannell and Scannell won player's player of the year. Not sounding good for Huddersfield but they've done decent in the past after losing key players, Rhodes, Norwood, Clayton etc.

He is just what we need in my opinion. Looks like he can carry the ball out of midfield and has an eye for a pass.

I think theres something in this. When we get linked with players (Bannan, Barton for example) it comes out pretty quick in the telegraph that we arent in for them.

Nothing has come out to say we arent interested.

Id expect Butterfield in by the time we play Birmingham.

I have heard nothing at all on this its just a feeling.

thats good enough for me.... in by end of week.... anything u heard concrete bout any1 else MR?

I'm saying it's a piece of evidence that would suggest that, but of course isn't conclusive. But Huddersfield had decent other players too and finished 16th.

Antonio and McCormack play for teams who struggled last year but I'd still jump at the chance for them to come here. I've not seen much of Butterfield myself so can't really comment on how good he is or isn't, but we can't discredit his ability due to him playing for a poorer team ;)

thats good enough for me.... in by end of week.... anything u heard concrete bout any1 else MR?

hahaha he probably wont be! its just a feeling ive got.

Its just too quiet at the minute and this is when something usually happens.

will be interesting if he isnt in their squad tomorrow night.

ive heard nothing on Butterfield or anyone at the minute.

hahaha he probably wont be! its just a feeling ive got.

Its just too quiet at the minute and this is when something usually happens.

will be interesting if he isnt in their squad tomorrow night.

ive heard nothing on Butterfield or anyone at the minute.

Heard anything on outgoings? We aren't still trying to offload Keogh I hope, him and Shackell look class together 

He was a brilliant player. When Barnsley were doing well under Keith Hill, Butterfield was their best player until he picked up a long-term injury. Alongside Andrew Surman, one of the best midfielders I've seen at this level.

I'm not sure whether he's as good as he was pre-injury, but the signs are promising regarding their fans' comments.

Russ - heard anything your end about Butterfield to Derby?

Yeah looks like he's off. 

Seems there is a massive sale on at our club at the moment. Rumour has it chairman has lost interest and is preparing for life in league one. Selling our best players and replacing them with absolute dross.

Butterfields dad also posts on Barnsley forum and has said he doesn't expect to be watching town much longer

The question was if he's an attacking midfielder. I'm pointing out that his strike rate is a lot worse than our existing midfielders. Have Hendrick and Bryson always played in good Derby teams? Absolutely not, but they've always scored more goals.

How many goals does Hughes score compared to Bryson and Hendrick? Bear in mind, it's Hughes were looking to replace.

Archived