Signed: Jacob Butterfield

Heisenberg

I'd be disappointed if it's Bucko, he's done more than enough not to be kicked out of the club as a makeweight.

I'd be amazed if it's Pearce, cos that would mean admitting he was a pointless signing.

I'd be surprised if it's Christie, I don't think we're blessed with attacking right backs.

Warnock would be the natural choice out of those listed but I get the feeling Paul sees him as a more solid option at left back.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dawkins and £3million would seem more reasonable.

Dawkins is a technically gifted player that needs game time and chances to develop further, so I'd like to see him move on - for his sake.

I'd wish him all the best and I'm sure, given the chances, he would flourish.

If it's Buxton, I will cry. 

Find it totally inconceivable that 5 'established'players have been spoken to and all given their agreement they would be willing to move to Huddersfield!....1 is unlikely!

I particularly wouldn't understand either Pearce or Buxton being on the table considering we only have 4 centrehalves, and it was a problem position last season. That and, you know, Pearce has only just joined. Sounds like someone plucking some realistic sounding names out of the air. 

I could understand maybe Dawkins, I could understand a young player on loan, but "offering a choice of 5 players" would be one of the most ridiculous transfer stories I've ever heard. 

I particularly wouldn't understand either Pearce or Buxton being on the table considering we only have 4 centrehalves, and it was a problem position last season. That and, you know, Pearce has only just joined. Sounds like someone plucking some realistic sounding names out of the air. 

I could understand maybe Dawkins, I could understand a young player on loan, but "offering a choice of 5 players" would be one of the most ridiculous transfer stories I've ever heard. 

We have 5 centre halves, Shotton played there all pre-season.

We have 5 centre halves, Shotton played there all pre-season.

Which is fine and all, but "trading Pearce" would be a ridiculous move, as he's only just signed, and Buxton is our only other left sided centrehalf. Having a Keogh, Shotton partnership wasn't overly solid last season, and to give up a player like Buxton equally seems odd. I'd believe Shotton might be talked about, but not Pearce. 

Also, I'll reiterate that I wouldn't use Shotton at centrehalf at this point. 

HITC Sport understands Huddersfield Town have rejected a third bid from Derby County for midfielder Jacob Butterfield.

View image | gettyimages.com

Derby County have seen a third bid forHuddersfield Town midfielder Jacob Butterfield turned down, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

Derby are desperate to bolster their midfield options after an injury crisis at the iPro Stadium which has seen Will Hughes, Craig Bryson, Jeff Hendrick and Jamie Hanson all forced onto the sidelines.

As such, Derby have identified Butterfield as one of their top targets as they look to bring in the midfielder before the close of the transfer window.

The Rams have seen two previous bids turned down for Butterfield and they went back with a new offer of £3 million.

It was rejected by Huddersfield, however, who are determined to keep hold of the player and have placed a £5m price-tag on the 25-year-old.

SEE ALSO: Derby bid for Championship rivals' midfielder

Butterfield has established himself as a key member of Chris Powell's side since arriving from Middlesbrough last August and winning the club's Player of the Season.

Butterfield, who scored the equaliser in Tuesday's draw with Brighton Hove & Albion, still has three years to run on his current deal at Huddersfield and it remains to be seen if Derby come back with a fourth bid for the midfielder.

Butterfield and a decent season-long loan like Pritchard and we'd be set.

Defence is fine - how many league goals have we conceded so far that weren't flukes? Martin up front is proven. Bent is more than adequate cover, and Weimann covering as well.

We're just lacking that nous/guile/cutting edge that will unlock these massed ranks defences we continually come up against.

Archived