The positives so far...

Hinzy9

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who actually eats pies at a football game? Isn't that a cliché?

You eat pies if you're a Bradford fan:

The ‘Ballad of the Pie’ began when fans noticed one bloke had got himself a snack – sparking fairly straightforward chants of “He’s eating pie!”. Slightly later came the second verse, which concerned the lack of condiments accompanying said pie: “Has he got some sauce?” Thankfully, all concerns were answered in the third verse – “He’s got some brown!” – after several sachets of HP were passed along the row to him…

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/videos/210893/bradford-city-fans-start-brilliant-chant-about-lack-of-sauce-on-one-fans-pie-video.html

You eat pies if you're a Bradford fan:

The ‘Ballad of the Pie’ began when fans noticed one bloke had got himself a snack – sparking fairly straightforward chants of “He’s eating pie!”. Slightly later came the second verse, which concerned the lack of condiments accompanying said pie: “Has he got some sauce?” Thankfully, all concerns were answered in the third verse – “He’s got some brown!” – after several sachets of HP were passed along the row to him…

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/videos/210893/bradford-city-fans-start-brilliant-chant-about-lack-of-sauce-on-one-fans-pie-video.html

pukka post.

* Mr Clement has more knowledge from competitive games about some of the players he inherited or certain bottlers from last season...

* Clement himself rather scathing about Rams performances, doesn't make excuses and he clearly wants a higher standard.

I said I didn't expect us to race out of the traps - and I think August/Sept will be uneven months, with further transfer activity (apart from midfield!), including some outgoings.

* Only about 89 points now needed for a top two place....

* Noisy, flag-draped iPro will be rockin' to the rafters to give the team full support.

There's a couple of players that look a cut above the rest: Shackell, Baird, Thorne, Weimann, Russell and Martin. In my opinion, they all need to play, with that in mind, my starting XI for the foreseeable future would look something like this:

Carson

Baird         Keogh              Shackell      Forsyth

Thorne    Hanson

Russell         Weimann        Ince

Martin

There's a couple of players that look a cut above the rest: Shackell, Baird, Thorne, Weimann, Russell and Martin. In my opinion, they all need to play, with that in mind, my starting XI for the foreseeable future would look something like this:

Carson

Thorne    Hanson

Martin

That's my side/formation too. 

Carson

Thorne    Hanson

Martin

Would Tom Ince be as effective on the left, without the ability to cut inside and shoot with his left foot? You're taking a massive part out of his game here IMO. As good as Russell is, he's no Ince and the first rule of formation selecting should be how to get the best out of your team. Playing Ince out of position to shoehorn Russell in the XI is nonsensical IMO. If one of the two has to play out position, then you should never move your best player.

Also, how good is Hanson with the ball? I've barely seen him play in all honesty, and in a 4-2-3-1 formation both of your CMs need to be comfortable with the ball and offer for it all the time.

If Hanson is anything like Hendrick, man-marking Thorne could make it extremely difficult for our back four to get the ball into the attacking quartet's feet. That's why I'd prefer three in the middle, with Dawks being one as his ball-playing skills are excellent.

Would Tom Ince be as effective on the left, without the ability to cut inside and shoot with his left foot? You're taking a massive part out of his game here IMO. As good as Russell is, he's no Ince and the first rule of formation selecting should be how to get the best out of your team. Playing Ince out of position to shoehorn Russell in the XI is nonsensical IMO. If one of the two has to play out position, then you should never move your best player.

Also, how good is Hanson with the ball? I've barely seen him play in all honesty, and in a 4-2-3-1 formation both of your CMs need to be comfortable with the ball and offer for it all the time.

If Hanson is anything like Hendrick, man-marking Thorne could make it extremely difficult for our back four to get the ball into the attacking quartet's feet. That's why I'd prefer three in the middle, with Dawks being one as his ball-playing skills are excellent.

Possibly switch Russell and Ince then. Russell seems equally effective on both sides...

Biggest positive for me has gotta be getting to see Maclaren on MOTD, Reusing his old Derby post match interview lines. That's going to be a great show this season.

As for us, Losing in the cup. It was a road to nowhere anyway, And I'd much rather have a Rams team that are fired up again(see FC Utrect and Villareal games) when they Play Charlton and Middlesbrough.

Carson

Baird                   Keogh                                    Shackell                    Forsyth

Thorne

Hendrick                                   Dawkins

Ince                                                                                                    Russell

Martin

Based on performances so far, this is our best team from the fit players. Hendrick just pipping Hanson. 

Archived