Joey Barton

Sam_DCFC_1994

Joey Barton  

311 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For reference sake, a yellow card is for a reckless challenge, excessive force is meant to always be a red card, regardless of if the ball is "won" or not. 

See? 

regardless if the ball is won or not? If he's won the ball then the force was neccessary? If he hasn't then it's a foul anyway? 

The rule isn't as stupid as it sounds. But it's hardly a game full of bone crunching 50/50's and players going to ground. 

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd turn the question to you. Have you watched him play? I've seen a lot of sideways passing and short range passes mixed with ankle biting. 

Any of our midfield can do that

I think your agreeing with Daveo .

Ive watched Barton play and he's a good footballer.  

I think your agreeing with Daveo .

Ive watched Barton play and he's a good footballer.  

What at? Short range passing? Sideways passing and ankle biting. 

Ok, so he's not a donkey. But we don't need any of that. We have hard players. Baird, Thorne, any of the defenders, Martin and even Russell and Hendrick aren't shy. 

We've certainly got footballers. 

He offers us nothing.  Nothing we don't have. 

Thorne is a real powerful physical player. He just doesn't walk around looking to argue. Same with Eustace. 

Barton isn't as good a footballer as what we've got. 

Baird and Thorne have it covered. 

I'd turn the question to you. Have you watched him play? I've seen a lot of sideways passing and short range passes mixed with ankle biting. 

Any of our midfield can do that

i've seen him live 3 times. Retaining possession and threading passes is a key part of his game. And he does it well.

Who's our midfield ball winner could you tell me .

Thorne ? 

Baird ? 

exactly, you just named them. Thorne made the most tackles in the league on Saturday. 

Being late into tackles doesn't help when your legs have gone. 

What at? Short range passing? Sideways passing and ankle biting. 

Ok, so he's not a donkey. But we don't need any of that. We have hard players. Baird, Thorne, any of the defenders, Martin and even Russell and Hendrick aren't shy. 

We've certainly got footballers. 

He offers us nothing.  Nothing we don't have. 

Thorne is a real powerful physical player. He just doesn't walk around looking to argue. Same with Eustace. 

Barton isn't as good a footballer as what we've got. 

Baird and Thorne have it covered. 

I don't agree. 

Paul Clement says we needed another in midfield before Will and Craig got injured so is he talking rubbish then 

i've seen him live 3 times. Retaining possession and threading passes is a key part of his game. And he does it well.

We've already got that. 

Look, I might be harsh calling him crap. I'm sure there's teams out there that could use a grafter and tidy if unspectacular footballer.  He's calm under pressure tbf too. 

But we already have all that. 

We've already got that. 

Look, I might be harsh calling him crap. I'm sure there's teams out there that could use a grafter and tidy if unspectacular footballer.  He's calm under pressure tbf too. 

But we already have all that. 

Let's watch the game Alpha shall we. 

See? 

regardless if the ball is won or not? If he's won the ball then the force was neccessary? If he hasn't then it's a foul anyway? 

The rule isn't as stupid as it sounds. But it's hardly a game full of bone crunching 50/50's and players going to ground. 

The air in the room's a bit stale, so a blast a hole through my living room wall. I've got a nice breeze now, was it completely necessary simply because I reached my original goal? 

By definition excessive force is excessive. A two footed lunge remains a red regardless of if the player got the ball, or a large cracking sound in the opponent's shin first. 

Depends on your definition of crap. After 45 mins of watching us v Pompey I would say he might look brilliant in our midfield.

He certainly wouldn't let a 4th division team's reserve midfield walk all over him like Hendrick did tonight. That was spineless.

The result Not unexpected , new coach , staff . , Pompey had the desire and determination for the win.

you can walk around a training field whistle in mouth , spend millions on players , but!!! Not sure about this.

I could coach Real Madrid ,  so could most of the rams faithful , hey Ronaldo score us a few , hey Ramos don't let them

score . Job done, 

Had a great party , now have to face my forest mate who I was taking the piss out of this morning

Barton would add more to the midfield , not as good as Dave Mackay , ( but who is ) animal on the pitch , gentleman 

off , are you all looking forward to next game ?

silence of the ram

Archived