Your favourite Derby people of all time

Cisse

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam Adams....................of Derby Market Hall tripe stall fame.

Dave Milton....................owned vinyl heaven R E Cords in Sadler Gate.

Tommy Powell................my manager at Northcliffe United, a real gent, and a true Derby legend.

Dave Milton......used to be a teacher at Rykneld Sec Modern in Bedford Street where I went, gave me my first job at R E Cords, I loved it at the time. I thought their carrier bags were the mutts when everybody else were still using paper ones. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there. Ideally I would post this as a new thread but the site won't let me as I'm a new user. So I'm hoping I might get some replies on this thread (or a moderator will give it its own thread???). I simply want to talk about Stefano Eranio.

I'm writing an article about him (it's a kind of Where Are They Now? thing) and I want to get fans' memories about him as a player. Any memories/stories you have - good or bad - please post them here. Doesn't even have to be a story/memory as such, could just be your general view on his time at Derby. Especially good would be any personal memories you have of meeting him/seeing him around town - stuff like that.

I'd want to use some of the your quotes for the article, which will appear on the Yahoo Football website this week. So if you don't want your comments to be used then let me know, and they won't be.

I should point out I'm not a Derby fan, I'm actually a Hammer. Feel free to abuse me for this!

Cheers,
Kevin

One of the nicest Footballers I have ever met at Derby and he always had time for us fans 

Him and Biano were amazing at Derby County. 

Jim Smith signed an absolute legend when he signed Eranio and that's the sort of player we need now at Derby  .

He was worth the entrance fee alone  

Stefano Eranio

As a celebrity fan Kevin Tosh Lines Llod, and for impact of my childhood Graham Richards cos he was Derby for many years for me.

As a player, Kinky....two classes above rest of team.

As for Eranio, sure I recall him getting standing ovation from whole stadium whilst walking round the pitch with his children at end of his career. He was fortunate to play at a time we had great them and a lovely kit....makes the memories all the sweeter.

Archived