Gaming

SaintRam

Well Fortnite is taking the world by storm at the moment - good for all ages, I play solo (Im 45yo!) and with my 2 kids (10yo and 15yo).  There is a PvE mode to (not free like the PvP mode) that I'd highly recommend too.

Elder Scrolls Online is my preferred MMO, Eve Online is good but has a suicidal learning curve.  The Forest is an excellent survival game.  Planet Coaster an excellent creative/management game.  Football Manager 18 of course to right the wrongs of this season. Far Cry 5 is a lot of fun, Far Cry Primal too if you'd rather wait a few months to pick up the latest games at 50-70% discount! GTA5 is good, SHhadow of Mordor is imo better than the sequel.

The Witcher 3, Stellaris, Civilization 5 (6 is ok too), Prison Architect, No Mans Sky (is getting better with every patch) Left 4 Dead 2, Just Survive 3, Elite Dangerous, Dishonored, CSGO, PUBG, Dying Light, Dungeons 3, Hitnan, Alien Isolation, Overwatch, Titfall 2 was good, Rocket League.  I could go on - best bet imo is to wait for a steam sale and pick up more than you'll ever play for next to nothing :p

On 16/04/2018 at 19:27, AmericanRam said:

Really enjoying Far Cry 5 right now.And can't wait till Friday to play the new God of War.Anyone else getting it?

Yes really enjoying Far Cry 5. Despite the almost perfect reviews for God Of War, it don’t look like my kind of game. 

Only played intro missions of Far Cry 5 but was good fun. While waiting for the price to come down I picked up Far Cry 4 which I missed when it was released. That’s proving to be fun too. Getting chased by a rhino while driving a buggy is an intense experience!

Formed a Sea of Thieves crew with a Norwegian and a French guy. 

The Norweigan has taken the role of captain and issues orders calling us by country.

Britain on the sails, France on repair. 

It’s weird but it’s working. 

For a game that has so little content, I’ve probably had the most entertainment from any game I’ve played, now I’ve accepted you must be prepared to have your mic on and work with randomers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/04/2018 at 07:19, David said:

Formed a Sea of Thieves crew with a Norwegian and a French guy. 

The Norweigan has taken the role of captain and issues orders calling us by country.

Britain on the sails, France on repair. 

It’s weird but it’s working. 

For a game that has so little content, I’ve probably had the most entertainment from any game I’ve played, now I’ve accepted you must be prepared to have your mic on and work with randomers.

That's good to hear Dave!

Sandbox multiplayer has all the components necessary to be a genuinely amazing experience, the potential is far beyond any other genre of game in my opinion. Just usually the ratio of hilarious/amazing experience to frustrating/dull experience isn't sustainable. I've not played SoT myself, I heard mixed things and my friends decided not to dive in. 

I'm curious, are you still enjoying it or has it worn thin? 

Just now, HantsRam said:

is it a rehash of the old PS3 games that I have, or is it all new material?

ITS BRAND NEW BABY

27 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

That's good to hear Dave!

Sandbox multiplayer has all the components necessary to be a genuinely amazing experience, the potential is far beyond any other genre of game in my opinion. Just usually the ratio of hilarious/amazing experience to frustrating/dull experience isn't sustainable. I've not played SoT myself, I heard mixed things and my friends decided not to dive in. 

I'm curious, are you still enjoying it or has it worn thin? 

Still my go to game, reason why I switch the Xbox on, the missus is just getting into it as well which saves me from the “are you on that bloody game again” 

14 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

You know Mel sold his shares right? So you don't have to keep playing.

I never paid a penny anyway, so he would have hated me.