Gaming

SaintRam

12 hours ago, maxjam said:

Fortnite fans... for anyone that missed the rocket launching tonight this is a great video. 

What does Season 5 have in store for us...?  Aliens? Time Travel? Inter-dimension goofiness!  Whatever they do witnessing the event live was pretty special, everyone on the servers just stopped and looked up (well, apart from that 1 guy that now has the WR kills for knocking down a platform holding 48 people watching the event - there's always 1 lol ? )

Not sure but watching that has reminded me I need to uninstall it from my hard drive!

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished God of War (a little late to the party, I know).

BLOODY HELL, BOY! What a game!

Probably the best thing I've played on my PS4 since The Last of Us. Amazing stuff. Definitely recommend it for everyone, whether you've played the old God of War games, or not!

19 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Probably the best thing I've played on my PS4 since The Last of Us. Amazing stuff. Definitely recommend it for everyone, whether you've played the old God of War games, or not!

You mean Angry Dad Simulator 2018?

21 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Excellent game, pity its PS4 only - my kinda game but I'm to old and stuck in my ways to switch from keyboard and mouse now!

I did get Horizon Zero Dawn for our PS4 but got frustrated after a couple of hours struggling with the little joypad sticks ?

• 1 month later...

Cross-Platform party forming is coming to Rocket League soon, if anyone's still playing it. I know most of the people on here who played it a while back were on console. 

FIFA and Call of Duty Blackout on the 28th Sep and 12th Oct, moving over to the PlayStation for these.

Don’t be shy now, drop us a friend request if you’ll be playing these, I also take Karaoke requests on the mic.

day82_

(just drop your forum username in the comments of you add me, that way I’ll have a clue who you are)

17 hours ago, David said:

FIFA and Call of Duty Blackout on the 28th Sep and 12th Oct, moving over to the PlayStation for these.

Don’t be shy now, drop us a friend request if you’ll be playing these, I also take Karaoke requests on the mic.

day82_

(just drop your forum username in the comments of you add me, that way I’ll have a clue who you are)

I'm hoping CoD will be cross platform with PC. Looking to get involved directly with Treyarch to host custom Blackout games through the competitive community I run.

8 minutes ago, mastah said:

I'm hoping CoD will be cross platform with PC. Looking to get involved directly with Treyarch to host custom Blackout games through the competitive community I run.

I hope that if they do you can opt out.

If I have a competent mouse and keyboard player on my team great, but I don’t want to be up against one. 

Cross play with Xbox and PS4 is great (if Sony backed down) as there is no real advantage, controller v controller. 

Mouse and keyboard though can be a huge advantage. I want no part of that.

20 minutes ago, mastah said:

Cross-Platform FPS isn't really a thing. 

Firstly, Console FPS has built in aim assist for controller users while PC FPS does not. Causes all sorts of technical issues trying to cross-platform it. 

Then once you're over that hump, mouse precision still blows controllers out of the water so you've got balance issues. You'd need to dial the aim assist up in the controllers to the point that it'd almost be an aimbot.

You'd have to restrict PC players to using a controller, which isn't going to happen.

On the topic of the game mind, I haven't played any CoD since surrendering 2 years of my life to CoD4. I know some people giving it a look, I might be tempted. Probably on PC though.

Edited by SaintRam

Not a FPS but I was on a crew in Sea of Theives with PC players, now that was an experience. The difference in speed and sword action was nuts.

Doesn’t Fortnite have cross play with PC? Again not a FPS, but still, can’t imagine any Xbox players surviving long in a lobby with Ninja.....saying that, not many PC players do either.

6 minutes ago, David said:

Not a FPS but I was on a crew in Sea of Theives with PC players, now that was an experience. The difference in speed and sword action was nuts.

Doesn’t Fortnite have cross play with PC? Again not a FPS, but still, can’t imagine any Xbox players surviving long in a lobby with Ninja.....saying that, not many PC players do either.

In non-FPS shooters and combat games there's always an element of aim assist. The precision of the mouse is offset by none of the weapons having a precise area of impact, when you "fire" it can effect any point within a specific region, usually shown by a large crosshair/reticle.

As for things like Sea of Thieves, I suspect that's more down to most console gamers being more comfortable with/used to lower sensitivity on movement/looking than most PC gamers. In those respects, controllers are capable of matching up to their PC counterparts but it just comes down taste/experience. 

Unless you play on particularly high sensitivities already, in which case I'm not sure what caused the difference.

To be honest I rarely mess around with sensitivity, run it as it is out the box, Sea of Theives I did up it but it got to the point where I couldn’t control the charchter so seemed pointless.

Easier to control the higher sensitivities with the full hand than it is a thumb.

Probably takes time to adjust your eyes as well, if I’m checking a game before buying on Twitch I can’t watch PC players for long, too quick for my lazy console eyes

Yeah. That's pretty common.

I will say though, from my console days where I played FPS and the like fairly seriously, I had to take the plunge and up my sensitivity. You become a complete lunatic, utterly useless, walking about in circles and attacking every wall in sight every time you get spooked - but after a few days you get used to it.

Once your thumbs and eyes have adjusted to high sensitivity though, low sensitivity becomes equally unplayable. Feels like you're moving through treacle. 

The real downside of that though is that if your cursor or something moves slowly on menus, or browsers etc. it becomes really frustrating. My mouse, for example, is at absurdly high sensitivity even when I'm doing office work. 

23 hours ago, David said:

Fortnite is cross platform and to be honest, there are console players that can keep up with PC players. Some console players will play with mouse and keyboard though (usually to get them to the top of leaderboards with the advantage KBM has over controllers).

Missing my first match of the season tomorrow taking our two lads here;

https://www.skysports.com/more-sports/news/34214/11503168/watch-faceit-cs-go-major-live-esports-event-in-london-live-stream

If you see someone walking around the arena in a Derby shirt looking vaguely interested and confused it'll probably be me ?

EDIT:  Actually Brentford is not far from Wembley I might go and take my picture outside their stadium and get myself in the papers for going to the wrong ground ?

Edited by maxjam

On 21/09/2018 at 18:36, maxjam said:

Missing my first match of the season tomorrow taking our two lads here;

https://www.skysports.com/more-sports/news/34214/11503168/watch-faceit-cs-go-major-live-esports-event-in-london-live-stream

If you see someone walking around the arena in a Derby shirt looking vaguely interested and confused it'll probably be me ?

EDIT:  Actually Brentford is not far from Wembley I might go and take my picture outside their stadium and get myself in the papers for going to the wrong ground ?

Was a great weekend, much better than I thought it would be - like a football crowd for gamer nerds ?

Anyone interested in competitive gaming should knock it off their bucket list, it was a lot of fun.

1 minute ago, maxjam said:

Was a great weekend, much better than I thought it would be - like a football crowd for gamer nerds ?

Anyone interested in competitive gaming should knock it off their bucket list, it was a lot of fun.

I regularly watch esports on Twitch and have seen the CoD World Championships at Insomnia during Easter and really like how much effort is put in to these events. OWL was a good show but the season just went on for way too long for my liking.