Gaming

SaintRam

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I am pretty sure Disney have abandoned the Infinity series, the games are still good but not sure how available the collectible characters you need for it will be at this point.

That's annoying - i was getting excited about the star wars one. Do you think it's worth getting 3.0 anyway?

21 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Any gamers with experience of Lego Dimensions or Disney Infinity 3? (Xbox one) - which is best for my 7 year old?

We have all 3 Disney infinity for the 360. Whilst the first 2 figures are becoming more difficult to find, 3.0 are still easy to find, and smyths do deals on them.

32 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The game is still all there and working so if it's the sort of game your nipper will enjoy then go for it. You should still be able to pick up the physical models online via eBay/Amazon etc.

20 minutes ago, rynny said:

We have all 3 Disney infinity for the 360. Whilst the first 2 figures are becoming more difficult to find, 3.0 are still easy to find, and smyths do deals on them.

Is the game any good? Or is lego dimensions better? He loves minecraft but i want something more fun to blast away at over christmas - something that i can play with him (minecraft is way too hard for me!)

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

Is the game any good? Or is lego dimensions better? He loves minecraft but i want something more fun to blast away at over christmas - something that i can play with him (minecraft is way too hard for me!)

I love the Disney games :lol: they are easy to play.

You get story mode crystals which are fun, played the marvel, spiderman and star wars ones. Not played the Lego Dimensions so couldn't tell you what they are like.

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

ffs

The second part was meant to be in the second paragraph, it was in response to when @Parsnip asked if they were easy to play. Not that I love them because they are easy to play :lol:

What can I say I am just a big geek whe  it comes to Marvel, Star Wars, Harry Potter, LotR, GoT, Walking Dead and a load of other **** :lol:

8 hours ago, Alpha said:

What do you do? Talk? Spend quality time with the kids?

That's the **** that made me buy a computer. I just wish I had my own bedroom

Last night I had to change the charging point on the lads iPhone. 5 min job it said on YouTube.

i ain’t got time to go online. 

Oh wait...

• 1 month later...

Finally hit Champion in Rocket League :D climb to Grand Champion is the final hurdle.

Not a lot of new games have caught my attention. Have an occasional venture into PUBG from time to time but spending most of my time on Overwatch and just started a new crack at Witcher 3, which I only got about 5 hours into first time round due to poor timing on its release.

12 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Finally hit Champion in Rocket League :D climb to Grand Champion is the final hurdle.

Not a lot of new games have caught my attention. Have an occasional venture into PUBG from time to time but spending most of my time on Overwatch and just started a new crack at Witcher 3, which I only got about 5 hours into first time round due to poor timing on its release.

The Witcher 3 is one of the best games ever made in my opinion. A truly magnificent creation.

16 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The Witcher 3 is one of the best games ever made in my opinion. A truly magnificent creation.

Yeah, I rate it. I think the combats a little clunky and as good as Gwent is, I think that its a highly dangerous addition that has prevented a number of people I know from never finishing it (due to becoming obsessed with it). Now its a standalone card game, I'm completely ignoring every mention of it. Other than that, I love it. 

I'm a multiplayer focused gamer though so it will take me an age to finish it.

3 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Just nearing the end of my second stab at it and STILL cannot find all of the playing cards needed to complete one of the quests........its kept me going for ages tho. Did you get the game of the year edition with the expansion packs?

32 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Just nearing the end of my second stab at it and STILL cannot find all of the playing cards needed to complete one of the quests........its kept me going for ages tho. Did you get the game of the year edition with the expansion packs?

I already owned the base game from launch so I just bought the expansions separately - I like the runesword stuff

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a Switch recently. Was a Nintendo kid, Xbox for recent years but man am I glad that Nintendo have a good console. The Switch is pure joy. Mario Odyssey is fun, although I can’t play it for big chucks of time. Zelda is obviously incredible. All this needs is more 3rd party games to come it’s way and this years big launches (Metroid, Kirby, Yoshi etc)