Gaming

SaintRam

2 hours ago, maxjam said:

Anyone thats played Fortnite should appreciate this, well worth the 10-12m viewing time ☺️

I am massively in to Fortnite at the moment and own a website that organises Fortnite tournaments. I wondered how many Rams fans played this too.

• 4 weeks later...

John "TotalBiscuit" Bain lost his fight with cancer yesterday. 

A pioneer of the gaming industry, and a hefty loss from it. RIP. 

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the latest iteration of Football Manager - Jesus Christ, when did this game become such a chore to play? Many aspects of it now completely un-intuitive, and I really can't remember any of the previous iterations ever being so little fun to play.

40 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

Picked up the latest iteration of Football Manager - Jesus Christ, when did this game become such a chore to play? Many aspects of it now completely un-intuitive, and I really can't remember any of the previous iterations ever being so little fun to play.

Did you get it from Steam?  If you've played less than 2hrs you can refund.

Also, check out Football Manager Touch, its  exactly the same game as Football Manager but with all the tedious press conferences and other bloat removed;

http://www.footballmanager.com/games/football-manager-touch-2018

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

Did you get it from Steam?  If you've played less than 2hrs you can refund.

Also, check out Football Manager Touch, its  exactly the same game as Football Manager but with all the tedious press conferences and other bloat removed;

http://www.footballmanager.com/games/football-manager-touch-2018

Put more than a couple of hours into it unfortunately - played all of yesterday as I wanted to put it through its paces. It's ****. I honestly can't remember actually loathing a CM/FM game as much as this one. 

I tried Touch, and actually enjoyed the scenarios to begin with, but eventually it just falls into the same trap - massive injury list, losing games despite outshooting the opposition 20-1, etc etc.

They really need to start putting more effort into the mechanics of the game and less into how they can further milk fans through the mountain of micro transactions that now appear to be built into the game. 

Edited by StaffsRam

6 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

Put more than a couple of hours into it unfortunately - played all of yesterday as I wanted to put it through its paces. It's ****. I honestly can't remember actually loathing a CM/FM game as much as this one. 

I tried Touch, and actually enjoyed the scenarios to begin with, but eventually it just falls into the same trap - massive injury list, losing games despite outshooting the opposition 20-1, etc etc.

They really need to start putting more effort into the mechanics of the game and less into how they can further milk fans through the mountain of micro transactions that now appear to be built into the game. 

Yeah the match engine has come in for a lot of criticism in recent iterations, dominating the opposition yet losing 1-0 happens far to frequently. 

Agree about the micro transactions too, I know everyone has to make money but it just feels a bit shady. Separating the database, something that was traditionally free into a paid dlc leaves a bad taste.  Still, its the best football manager game out there, what ya gonna do ?

7 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Yeah the match engine has come in for a lot of criticism in recent iterations, dominating the opposition yet losing 1-0 happens far to frequently. 

Agree about the micro transactions too, I know everyone has to make money but it just feels a bit shady. Separating the database, something that was traditionally free into a paid dlc leaves a bad taste.  Still, its the best football manager game out there, what ya gonna do ?

I'm fortunate I guess. To play this adequately would require me to sacrifice a lot of other stuff in order to free up the time. It being **** actually saves me from having to make some tough calls. ?

12 hours ago, maxjam said:

Possession doesn’t win football games, goals do! ? 

Football Manager's coding has been pretty poor for a while. There's always one formation that always wins, regardless of the quality of the players - and a bunch of formations that can't win no matter how good the players are.

Old football manager games had their coding centered more around the quality of players, but people complained about a perceived lack of tactical depth and they've never found a middle-ground. 

Every iteration has become progressively more dull for me. Last ones I enjoyed were the manager games from the late 90s / early 2000s. Think that was Championship Manager.

I think I might have bridged gaming and DCFC by potentially arranging something with Timi Elsnik and Kyle McAllister playing with the #1 UK Fortnite player to promote the Fortnite community I run. I will post up times and dates of the Twitch stream, I am sure DCFC fans would be interested in seeing and hearing DCFC players playing a video game.

Edited by mastah

2 hours ago, mastah said:

I think I might have bridged gaming and DCFC by potentially arranging something with Timi Elsnik and Kyle McAllister playing with the #1 UK Fortnite player to promote the Fortnite community I run. I will post up times and dates of the Twitch stream, I am sure DCFC fans would be interested in seeing and hearing DCFC players playing a video game.

Please do!

Me (45) and my youngest (10) play everyday.  I have 1 win, he has 72? We should both unlock our Omega skin tomorrow with the new weeklies!  What is your community btw?  Do you have a website?

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

Please do!

Me (45) and my youngest (10) play everyday.  I have 1 win, he has 72? We should both unlock our Omega skin tomorrow with the new weeklies!  What is your community btw?  Do you have a website?

How much have you played (or payed) to be that close to Omega and yet only have one win?! ?

23 minutes ago, cannable said:

How much have you played (or payed) to be that close to Omega and yet only have one win?! ?

Thats 1 win in 4 seasons, I am truly awful ?

Actually I'm getting better but my reactions just aren't as quick as the 'twitch kiddies', still its brain dead fun at the end of the day!

As for time/cost, probably an hour a day - I do all the weeklies and the daily every day, thats 9.5 levels per week right there before you add the xp you get for actually playing.  I do get the 25 level battle pass at the start of the season, but thats it.

I do however also have Save the World as well which I play daily, farm certain missions there and you earn enough free V-Bucks to buy yourself the battle pass and a couple of skins each season without actually ever spending anything.

45 minutes ago, mastah said:

Need to get a DCFCfans squad going. I'm at around 15% win rate for season 4, 9% overall. If the games with Time and Kyle go ahead, you'll have to make sure you are in the Premier Online Gaming Discord to get in the same game as them.

If you get a DCFCfans squad going can I be MIkkel Beck? Although according to his Wiki he scored 2 goals for Derby, thats one more than my total wins.  I'm not even Mikkel Beck ffs ?