Gaming

SaintRam

20 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I'm gonna sound about 50 here..

But what is Fortnite? All I know of it is that some of the Cubs and Scouts I lead are now obsessed with some weird dance moves.

Still fully absorbed in Elite Dangerous, nothing else is sparking my interest at the minute.

It's a Battle Royale game where you can play on your own or in squads where 30 year olds like me get killed by 9 year olds - who then pay to unlock stupid dances to mock your dead body. I've spent my life playing FIFA, and can't believe how bad I am at shooting somebody else first. Addictive, though.

21 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I'm gonna sound about 50 here..

But what is Fortnite? All I know of it is that some of the Cubs and Scouts I lead are now obsessed with some weird dance moves.

Still fully absorbed in Elite Dangerous, nothing else is sparking my interest at the minute.

An FPS which has more cartoony graphics. Comparisons can be drawn with PUBG, a difference is you have the ability to farm resources and build structures with it. It's essentially last person standing, or last team standing, you have to scavenge to get the weapons and kill the other players. 

3 hours ago, Norman said:

It's a Battle Royale game where you can play on your own or in squads where 30 year olds like me get killed by 9 year olds - who then pay to unlock stupid dances to mock your dead body. I've spent my life playing FIFA, and can't believe how bad I am at shooting somebody else first. Addictive, though.

Well I'm 45 and been gaming for years, the only Fortnite BR game I've won is in a duo with my 10yo lad.  He has upwards of 50 solo wins.

After watching my 10yo and 15yo play games such as Fornite, CSGO, PUBG and Overwatch etc I am rapidly coming to the opinion that my forte lies with Planet Coaster and Surviving Mars :mellow:

6 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Well I'm 45 and been gaming for years, the only Fortnite BR game I've won is in a duo with my 10yo lad.  He has upwards of 50 solo wins.

After watching my 10yo and 15yo play games such as Fornite, CSGO, PUBG and Overwatch etc I am rapidly coming to the opinion that my forte lies with Planet Coaster and Surviving Mars :mellow:

Get on Cities: Skylines as well, it is an incredible game if you like management/building games.

8 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Get on Cities: Skylines as well, it is an incredible game if you like management/building games.

Yeah, got that as well thanks :)

Other similar games I can recommend are Dungeons 3, Astroneer and Rimworld.  Whilst not the same genre The Forest, No Mans Sky (much better since launch and big update coming soon), Oxygen Not Included and Osiris New Dawn are well worth picking up in a sale on Steam - all excellent games.

Just played the intro to Far Cry 5. Graphics are very impressive, world is gorgeous to look at and play in. The antagonist doesn’t seem as ‘nutjob’ crazy as the previous instalments, and follows a narrative that is a conceivable story from real life America.

5 hours ago, maxjam said:

I tried playing Fortnite(49!)and gave up in the lobby when everyone started doing these wierd dance moves...see you later lads!

I’m on Xbox, feel free to add, gamertag: dayyh

If you add me though drop us a message at least to say who you are so I know. At the minute pretty much playing....

Had a couple of chicken dinners in squads and duos on PUBG. 

Fortnite biggest claim to fame is a second place finish in squads with the missus and @Srg, still not sure how that even happened. Bit jumpy jumpy that game for me, will still go on from time to time and down to join any duo or squad.

COD WWII, on a good day I’ll 2 K/D all day long, bad day I may as well sell the Xbox. Stats are whacked as I went for diamond on the shotguns, terrible.

Rainbow 6 just getting into, another game depending on the night can pick up 5/6 kills, another I’ll struggle to even get an assist.

Sea of Thieves, level 20 ish on Gold and Order of Souls, 10 on Merchant. No bugger plays it so left solo slooping it or galleon server jumping to find a crew that are actually interested in ranking up.

1 minute ago, David said:

I’m on Xbox, feel free to add, gamertag: dayyh

If you add me though drop us a message at least to say who you are so I know. At the minute pretty much playing....

Had a couple of chicken dinners in squads and duos on PUBG. 

Fortnite biggest claim to fame is a second place finish in squads with the missus and @Srg, still not sure how that even happened. Bit jumpy jumpy that game for me, will still go on from time to time and down to join any duo or squad.

COD WWII, on a good day I’ll 2 K/D all day long, bad day I may as well sell the Xbox. Stats are whacked as I went for diamond on the shotguns, terrible.

Rainbow 6 just getting into, another game depending on the night can pick up 5/6 kills, another I’ll struggle to even get an assist.

Sea of Thieves, level 20 ish on Gold and Order of Souls, 10 on Merchant. No bugger plays it so left solo slooping it or galleon server jumping to find a crew that are actually interested in ranking up.

Same problem for me. Maybe we can get a DCFC Fans galleon on the go?

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Same problem for me. Maybe we can get a DCFC Fans galleon on the go?

I’m down for that.

The game is a bit lacking in content, but the Skeleton Forts are quite challenging. Tried one with @RicME85 but kept resetting back to the start when we died so gave up. Next night I jumped on a random Galleon and completed it, took over an hour though after battling other Galleons at the same time. 9k loot though which was a nice payout.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Broderick said:

I'm getting a gaming laptop soon. Anyone have recommendations for games? :) 

Tom Clancy's Siege. My flatmate is constantly on it, looks incredible on his gaming PC and the gameplay is spot on.

Planet Coaster is a brilliant game, it's a shame I don't have a better spec laptop because it lags for me.