Gaming

SaintRam

Picked up a cheap PS4. Lost access to my old account. If anyone wants teach me a lesson and make me cry on FIFA add:

day82_

Just drop a note to say who you are, I want to know who to ban on the forum.

34 minutes ago, David said:

Picked up a cheap PS4. Lost access to my old account. If anyone wants teach me a lesson and make me cry on FIFA add:

day82_

Just drop a note to say who you are, I want to know who to ban on the forum.

Your AI drivatar ran me off the road in Forza Horizon 3 last week. I was fumin' 

Can't just be me who finds Fortnite boring? Way too repetitive for me.

Can thoroughly recommend Detroit: Become Human, especially if you're a fan of David Cage games. Easily his best one yet and (for me) it's streets ahead of Heavy Rain.

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Can thoroughly recommend Detroit: Become Human, especially if you're a fan of David Cage games. Easily his best one yet and (for me) it's streets ahead of Heavy Rain.

I'm with you on Fortnite.My nephew is obsessed with it but I just don't understand the hype.

Have heard good things about that might get it at some point.

24 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Same with PUBG, good for a couple games but soon gets boring. PUBG is slightly more bareable though as everyone isn’t on trampolines and no stupid wall building.

It’s free though which has helped gain its player base.

46 minutes ago, David said:

Drives better than me that thing

To be honest I dont think theres anything to them except the gamertag - they have to conform to the difficulty I set. I dont know if they have hidden traits for things like aggressiveness though.

I play it on quite a high difficulty and I'm not used to one of the AI just deliberately shunting me into the rainforest, so it was a little bizarre. Stuck in the mind.

11 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

To be honest I dont think theres anything to them except the gamertag - they have to conform to the difficulty I set. I dont know if they have hidden traits for things like aggressiveness though.

I play it on quite a high difficulty and I'm not used to one of the AI just deliberately shunting me into the rainforest, so it was a little bizarre. Stuck in the mind.

Don’t think there’s anything in it at all, I’ve been shunted off by friends that have played less than an hour. Game just likes to be a turd to you at times

1 hour ago, mastah said:

Sounds like a Rust-esque type game with quests chucked in, or have I read it wrong?

Difficult to know for certain, but it does look like its heading that way.  I imagine there will be PvP and PvE servers to cater for all tastes.  I've played a bit of Rust and a lot of Just Survive and enjoy the post apocalyptic PvP setting, Fallout 76 could bring a new spin to this by adding typical Fallout style quests and teamwork - but my main concern would be how to properly protect your base whilst you're offline.  There is no worse feeling than logging in to find your stuff gone whilst you've been asleep.

Certainly a game I'll be keeping my eye on though. Fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

Difficult to know for certain, but it does look like its heading that way.  I imagine there will be PvP and PvE servers to cater for all tastes.  I've played a bit of Rust and a lot of Just Survive and enjoy the post apocalyptic PvP setting, Fallout 76 could bring a new spin to this by adding typical Fallout style quests and teamwork - but my main concern would be how to properly protect your base whilst you're offline.  There is no worse feeling than logging in to find your stuff gone whilst you've been asleep.

Certainly a game I'll be keeping my eye on though. Fingers crossed!

I loved the idea of Rust when I got back in to PC gaming last year. Had quite a lot of fun playing it initially, then the griefing went from being funny to being down right annoying. I managed to keep a starter base maintained for atleast half a wipe before I got offline raided and lost atleast 12 hours worth of grinding. Never played the game much afterwards lol.

2 minutes ago, mastah said:

I loved the idea of Rust when I got back in to PC gaming last year. Had quite a lot of fun playing it initially, then the griefing went from being funny to being down right annoying. I managed to keep a starter base maintained for atleast half a wipe before I got offline raided and lost atleast 12 hours worth of grinding. Never played the game much afterwards lol.

I have 3k hours in Just Survive, which is very similar to Rust in a lot of ways.  How Fallout 76 handles online raiding (groups vs solo players) as well as offline raiding will definitely have a large effect on how enjoyable it is.  Here's hoping they have learnt from the mistakes of others.

I don't get the fuss with Fortnite. I played it a bit but it was like Spyro graphics with some ridiculous building system and bunny hopping. Any shooter that has players bunny hopping is crap. 

It's a shame DayZ never sorted itself out. So much good stuff in there. 

My main reason for hating shooters is because I get killed before I can even play. Nothing like being in a match with gamers who put in 8 hours per day. 

18 hours ago, Alpha said:

I don't get the fuss with Fortnite. I played it a bit but it was like Spyro graphics with some ridiculous building system and bunny hopping. Any shooter that has players bunny hopping is crap. 

My main reason for hating shooters is because I get killed before I can even play. Nothing like being in a match with gamers who put in 8 hours per day. 

Fortnite graphics appeal to their targeted demographic and also allows them to have things like launch pads etc. in the game. Imagine Fortnite looking like PUBG but with some of the weird pickups... just wouldn't work.

I class myself as a semi-casual gamer but have grown up playing competitive gaming at a grassroots level where you would put in the hours against the top tier players so you could get better. Epic really need to put in skill based matchmaking before casuals are really put off by the skill gap that is slowly becoming apparent in the game.

1 hour ago, mastah said:

Fortnite graphics appeal to their targeted demographic and also allows them to have things like launch pads etc. in the game. Imagine Fortnite looking like PUBG but with some of the weird pickups... just wouldn't work.

I class myself as a semi-casual gamer but have grown up playing competitive gaming at a grassroots level where you would put in the hours against the top tier players so you could get better. Epic really need to put in skill based matchmaking before casuals are really put off by the skill gap that is slowly becoming apparent in the game.

Yeah I used to be a big fan of Battlefield 3 when that came out and was proudly average at it. 

Came back to it a couple of months down the line and just got battered into submission. 

I mean FIFA has managed to match me up pretty fairly over the years. It's a game you can put down for a month and not come back to finding gaming elites everywhere.

Gran Turismo had a good attempt at matching driving styles but hasn't figured out how to decide which driver is responsible for ramming. You can get punished for someone brake checking you. 

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yeah I used to be a big fan of Battlefield 3 when that came out and was proudly average at it. 

Came back to it a couple of months down the line and just got battered into submission. 

I mean FIFA has managed to match me up pretty fairly over the years. It's a game you can put down for a month and not come back to finding gaming elites everywhere.

Gran Turismo had a good attempt at matching driving styles but hasn't figured out how to decide which driver is responsible for ramming. You can get punished for someone brake checking you. 

I've only tried competitive racing in Forza 4 and it was an absolute blast. All competitors were on voice and were fully aware of where everyone else was on the track. VSCs were adhered to in the event of an accident and it was a good experience. 

19 hours ago, Alpha said:

Glad someone else out there doesn't get fortnite, I'm the only one out of all my mates who doesn't play it and they talk about it a lot, maybe you need someone to play it with for it to be good, all by myself on playstation you see.