Gaming

SaintRam

I've still got a few people from my days on Call of Duty 4 - I miss those times - on my facebook, although in truth I met them all on Resistance: Fall of Man (the first game I ever played online). Don't interact much with them any more but I was pretty young during all of that so meeting up with them didn't seem like a good idea. Planning on flying to New Orleans for a few weeks in the relatively near future to hang out with the current lot though. 

Well I think the fact that CoD4 is still £20 or whatever tells a story about what they actually change about their games. I played that game almost constantly for like 2 years, the last thing I wanted was the next iteration to be exactly the ******* same but with new dumb **** that everyone hated. That trend is still continuing lol 

To be honest what I really miss is Resistance Fall of Man, it had a 1hit kill mode. Not hardcore mode in modern games where most guns one-shot you, but a gamemode where you had 1 health and anything that did any damage would kill you. That was tense as hell and loads of fun. 

Slowly dragging myself through the mire that is XCOM2. Probably going to be up there as the best games of the year, but ridiculously challenging.

3 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Well I think the fact that CoD4 is still £20 or whatever tells a story about what they actually change about their games. I played that game almost constantly for like 2 years, the last thing I wanted was the next iteration to be exactly the ******* same but with new dumb **** that everyone hated. That trend is still continuing lol 

To be honest what I really miss is Resistance Fall of Man, it had a 1hit kill mode. Not hardcore mode in modern games where most guns one-shot you, but a gamemode where you had 1 health and anything that did any damage would kill you. That was tense as hell and loads of fun. 

I didn't actually mind MW2. Lag-comp aside, I didn't even mind MW3 (although it was vastly inferior to the first two games). Black Ops 2 onwards though have just been a regression into varying degrees of awful. Ghosts was abysmal. AW, was a complete game-changer, in a really bad way - it was more Halo than CoD. Sadly, the latest one is about the same.

I spent about 50 days of game time on CoD4. Still go back to it occasionally. Ghosts, AW and BlOps3, I've spent about 5 days on, combined. 

29 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Slowly trying to get through the last of us, following all its praise on here, and just about everywere else. Very close to the point of giving up. 

Why? Too difficult? Not enjoying it? Too emotionally draining? (I know of someone who gave up because of that)

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Car Pack makes it sound like more than one car?

Well it's not. They called the DeLorean one a pack too. Just the terminology they've chosen I suppose although I agree it does imply plural. I do like these though cos of the special animations. When the DeLorean get's demolished is leaves a trail of fire and travels through time :p 

Been playing Far Cry Primal a little bit this morning and it is pretty good, superb graphics. I love the Far Cry games and this one has started off great. The new DOOM that comes out in May looks pretty good as well, have played all the others in the series. Anyone else a fan also? 2016 looks to be quite a good year for video games, especially if Gears 4 comes out this year(My favorite game series easily).

3 minutes ago, AmericanRam said:

Been playing Far Cry Primal a little bit this morning and it is pretty good, superb graphics. I love the Far Cry games and this one has started off great. The new DOOM that comes out in May looks pretty good as well, have played all the others in the series. Anyone else a fan also? 2016 looks to be quite a good year for video games, especially if Gears 4 comes out this year(My favorite game series easily).

BETHESDAAAAAAAA.

I mean, yeah I'll probably check it out. Certainly won't be ordering the collectors edition or anything in a few days... :whistle:

I'm looking forward to it and the Division, I've been playing a bunch of a game called SkyForge which is a pretty cool MMO. Not sure what else I'll get into, will wait and see. Still expecting Rocket League to be my main game come the end of the year.

5 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Why? Too difficult? Not enjoying it? Too emotionally draining? (I know of someone who gave up because of that)

Basically because I'm useless at it, and it therefore  just becomes a chore to play it! 

Games never seem to have enough help available for idiots. 

On 25/02/2016 at 13:14, ketteringram said:

Slowly trying to get through the last of us, following all its praise on here, and just about everywere else. Very close to the point of giving up. 

Is it a particular bit or just the general difficulty of the gameplay? 

Such a great game and story. 

Tell me you're enjoying the story?!!

5 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Can anyone explain why Fallout 4 is so highly rated?

I turned it off yesterday as I thought I would find washing the pots was more entertaining. Never been so bored with a game.

Bethesda fanboys and people who buy into the hype surrounding the game account for it's popularity on consoles. Disgusting degenerates who enjoy all the lewd mods account for it's popularity on PC.

6 hours ago, Anon said:

Bethesda fanboys and people who buy into the hype surrounding the game account for it's popularity on consoles. Disgusting degenerates who enjoy all the lewd mods account for it's popularity on PC.

Eh? 

I enjoy Fallout because a I love sandbox roleplaying games (all of which are generally buggy etc. because of the size of them), among many other genres of game I enjoy. I'd say my main activity in gaming is as a roleplayer. 

I'll admit I'm a fan of Bethesda but I certainly don't think they can do no wrong, they just focus on games that file into my favourite genres. 

To put people who enjoy a game that you don't into varying categories, all of which you can look down upon, makes you look like a proper ****. 

To answer your question @Daveo, for people who are big into sandbox roleplaying games Fallout and Elder Scrolls are pretty much cream of the crop, and the depth of the lore means that the enjoyment of it can filter into other mediums. The only thing I enjoy more for the roleplaying than those series' of games is tabletop D&D :p 

Lots of very valid reasons why people don't like them though, and I do think the hype of it is a little OTT - but that happens with lots of games across multiple genres. I've been caught out buying a game that just wasn't for me because of the hype, usually FPS games. 

51 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Eh? 

I enjoy Fallout because a I love sandbox roleplaying games (all of which are generally buggy etc. because of the size of them), among many other genres of game I enjoy. I'd say my main activity in gaming is as a roleplayer. 

I'll admit I'm a fan of Bethesda but I certainly don't think they can do no wrong, they just focus on games that file into my favourite genres. 

To put people who enjoy a game that you don't into varying categories, all of which you can look down upon, makes you look like a proper ****. 

To answer your question @Daveo, for people who are big into sandbox roleplaying games Fallout and Elder Scrolls are pretty much cream of the crop, and the depth of the lore means that the enjoyment of it can filter into other mediums. The only thing I enjoy more for the roleplaying than those series' of games is tabletop D&D :p 

Lots of very valid reasons why people don't like them though, and I do think the hype of it is a little OTT - but that happens with lots of games across multiple genres. I've been caught out buying a game that just wasn't for me because of the hype, usually FPS games. 

Correct, I am a proper ****. I'm a proper **** who is annoyed that Bethesda is messing up the Fallout series with their god awful writing. I like Fallout 1 and 2 and I thought New Vegas was great, but Bethesda's east coast post nuclear world is a complete and utter mess.

Just now, Anon said:

Correct, I am a proper ****. I'm a proper **** who is annoyed that Bethesda is messing up the Fallout series with their god awful writing. I like Fallout 1 and 2 and I thought New Vegas was great, but Bethesda's east coast post nuclear world is a complete and utter mess.

Ah fair enough, your anger comes from a different angle than most. You should meet my friend, you'd get on great. :lol: - I do admit I was, not upset but a little disappointed that they moved to the east coast. It's not like they didn't have other options. But I don't think the writing is god awful, obviously it's annoying that it objectively de-canonises some original lore and potentially de-canonises all of it, (and I agree the original fallouts remain the best) but I still enjoy the world enough to get lost in it, it's just a little different now.