Your starting XI for Bolton

Bris Vegas

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My team to start against Bolton two positions I am unsure about though,but want a strong team for this level.

gk Grant

rb Baird

cb Keogh/Pearce

cb Shackell Captain

lb Forsyth

dm Thorne (tip of diamond)

cm Hughes

cm Bryson/Hendrick

atm Ince (tip of diamond)

cf Wiemann

cf Martin

subs Carson,Pearce,Hendrick,Russell,Bent,Dawkins and Christee

4-3-3

Grant, Baird, Keogh, Shacks (c), Fozzy, Thorne, Bryson, Hughes, Ince, Weimann, Martin.

SUB: Carson, Pearce, Warnock, Hendrick, Dawkins, Russell, Bent 

Strong all over the pitch with great impact subs that will for sure look for a way into the starting XI themselves.

4-3-3

Grant, Baird, Keogh, Shacks (c), Fozzy, Thorne, Bryson, Hughes, Ince, Weimann, Martin.

SUB: Carson, Pearce, Warnock, Hendrick, Dawkins, Russell, Bent 

Strong all over the pitch with great impact subs that will for sure look for a way into the starting XI themselves.

The bench doesn't even weaken the team when they come on, nice line up.

Interesting that Weimann makes his way into pretty much every single starting lineup on here.

Baird's in most as well, which is pretty good going for a signing that excited practically no-one. 

Since we signed him and i chatted to mates who support Prem clubs, they all know him and said he was good against them while at Villa, so im hopeful he will turn peoples heads once he gets settled as i think he could be a star in this team. 

p.s. the dilemma is him/russell for most of us ?

Grant

Baird Keogh Shackell Forsyth

Thorne 

Ince      Hughes    Russell

Martin Weimann

i'm sorry but we can't leave Russell out with the form that he is in.

I agree to an extent, but Hendrick for me has been putting in some solid displays, hard to leave him out as well. The team as a whole has been improving as they adapt to the tactic and formations. It looks like its going to be a tough season to pick a best 11.

Still don't get the Grant love. Keogh, Bucko and Christie have some bad games last season and they get lynched. Grant has a lot of bad games, we sign an ex England international and he gets no support.

Carson all over for me. Grant lost his position last 15 games of the season.

Still don't get the Grant love. Keogh, Bucko and Christie have some bad games last season and they get lynched. Grant has a lot of bad games, we sign an ex England international and he gets no support.

Carson all over for me. Grant lost his position last 15 games of the season.

Grant was also injured towards the end of last season , but McClaren still played him. 

Yes, spot on for me especially Carson, with Shackell as Skipper for me too

Thorne on his own in the middle is too weak especially if Hughes is his only company. It looks exciting on paper but in reality,  Thorne cannot control the game on his own in there.

Carson

Baird    Pearce    Shackell  Forsyth

Thorne

Ince          Hughes      Russell

Martin       Weimann

Jesus

I have hope Christie will recover his early season form - he looked good at the open last year

Carson

Baird    Pearce    Shackell  Forsyth

Thorne

Ince          Hughes      Russell

Martin       Weimann

At last someone got it right.

I think we're pretty much set for a 4-4-2, diamond, formation against Bolton now. 

It's not my formation, but based on pre-season form, I wouldn't be surprised to see this team:

Grant

Christie, Keogh, Shackell, Forsyth

Thorne

Hughes, Hendrick

Ince

Martin, Russell

Carson, Shotton, Pearce, Baird, Bryson, Weimann and Bent

I think we're pretty much set for a 4-4-2, diamond, formation against Bolton now. 

It's not my formation, but based on pre-season form, I wouldn't be surprised to see this team:

Grant

Christie, Keogh, Shackell, Forsyth

Thorne

Hughes, Hendrick

Ince

Martin, Russell

Carson, Shotton, Pearce, Baird, Bryson, Weimann and Bent

Could easily be switched to 4-3-3, depending on the situation of course. If the players are comfortable in both systems, then that can only bode well.

Can't believe we're only two weeks away.

|

Could easily be switched to 4-3-3, depending on the situation of course. If the players are comfortable in both systems, then that can only bode well.

Can't believe we're only two weeks away.

|

I think that's got to be the key, initially. Bent looked very uncomfortable against Utrecht, but that's because he had to come out wide for the ball. 

I believe we're in a damn sight better condition than Bolton going into the first game, so we shouldn't have any problems. Hopefully. 

Archived