Do I expect too much?

ollycutts1982

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, although in truth I am not sure I would call you unreasonable.

You no doubt have been going to the same newsagent, petrol station, supermarket and pub over that period too. Do you say to your Newsagent knock off a bit on my Sun buddy, or ask the Landlord to knock 10% of your pint. I have no problem you asking any of the four above, or indeed Derby, for a discount based on "loyalty", but I can't quite understand your disappointment if any or all of them said no.

I 've shopped at a supermarket and racked up enough nectar points to pay for my christmas shop each year. I also rack up points when i fill up my car at the petrol station. This may be only  1 or 2% of my spend but at least i feel i get bit back which i wouldn't get at my local green grocers or local filling station. Also my local pub often gives me a loyalty card where if i rack up 6 pints i get one free. I don't buy a newspaper so i don't visit the newsagent.

I 've shopped at a supermarket and racked up enough nectar points to pay for my christmas shop each year. I also rack up points when i fill up my car at the petrol station. This may be only  1 or 2% of my spend but at least i feel i get bit back which i wouldn't get at my local green grocers or local filling station. Also my local pub often gives me a loyalty card where if i rack up 6 pints i get one free. I don't buy a newspaper so i don't visit the newsagent.

Yes but you aren't getting cheaper fuel and cheaper shopping to start with are you?

Yes but you aren't getting cheaper fuel and cheaper shopping to start with are you?

there are bargins and the fuel is the cheapest around. I'm may be not getting it at a discount but i do get little loyalty bonuses. i don't expect any discounts or freebies. All i want is a loyalty scheme for away match prioritisation.

there are bargins and the fuel is the cheapest around. I'm may be not getting it at a discount but i do get little loyalty bonuses. i don't expect any discounts or freebies. All i want is a loyalty scheme for away match prioritisation.

But when you go to the Tesco every week do they then give you a loyalty card for Asda, no, because they are different things, if you want away ticket loyalty get an away season ticket, otherwise get in line with everyone else.

I don't think too much is expected, last season i paid some bob on merchandise and the derby top and asked if there would be any discount if i bought another replica top and got a blunt no. 

Everyone loves a 'bargain' so is it really too much to ask to get like a 10% discount if you spend x amount?

Basically il'd of bought another top (even though i wasn't desperate for it) if i got even a slight discount, so surely the club missed out on some more cash, it's not like they sell out shirts as come end of season they end up a third of the price.

just seems like poor business. The staff didn't even try convince me to buy another one.

It's all basic stuff .. The club grants rights or franchises or whatever for an agreed sum .. The provider then makes what he can. Has to work for both. The club wants a known income stream. Look at all the "deals" on the net or even charities, They all want a direct debit, So they know what's coming in. 

my own instinct has to be that season ticket holders should get a nominal discount as a bit of a selling point but it is never going to be much more than a gesture when sales are high.

dont know what kit providers and caterers pay for the rights but presumably the club know the sums and strike a deal that suits them. 

personally I think catering at most football grounds sucks .. You get over priced beer and strewth ! cider with sacherine in it ( why ? ) and the poor kids selling it have such little training the queues are dire. The result of a captive audience. ...But it is about commerce and if the fee for the rights is high enough and therefore good for the club as a whole then the only way it will change is if we don't spend as they have predicted which forces a change in outlook and strategy.

I pay to watch the football and am happy to do that and I want the club to prosper .. Everything else is a choice ( even though, having knowledge of the clothing trade I think the shirt prices are verging on madness and god knows what is in the hot dogs ) . But that is football in the 21s century. ?

Archived