Do I expect too much?

ollycutts1982

I've been a season ticket holder for 25 years now and i went to the ipro yesterday and bought both my boys the new kit. Got to the checkout and asked what discount I got, to be told none. Also the fact you have to sign up for ramsplayer. 

Considering us season ticket holders are the ones who put our money in for the next season before the current one has ended am I being unreasonable to expect something back?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been a season ticket holder for 25 years now and i went to the ipro yesterday and bought both my boys the new kit. Got to the checkout and asked what discount I got, to be told none. Also the fact you have to sign up for ramsplayer. 

Considering us season ticket holders are the ones who put our money in for the next season before the current one has ended am I being unreasonable to expect something back?

You have to sign up to RamsPlayer to get discount is that what you mean. 

Stick your comments in the suggestions to the club thread, I'm under the impression somebody from the club looks at them, I could be wrong mind.

I do see where you're coming from though, I'm sure the club would like as many people turning up on match days wearing Rams gear, an incentive to season ticket holders doesn't seem unreasonable to me. 

No I mean to get a discount on a kit. I'd of thought you would get a discount by having a season ticket. With regards to the ramsplayer am I right in thinking you have to pay a subscription?

Yes you have to pay a subscription for RamsPlayer .

How much were the kits .

Getting a discount for being a season ticket holder would probably be a good idea but obviously with your experience you don't. 

No i don't think you expect too much. Traditionally long term season ticket owners got rewarded but unfortunately in this money orientated game the clubs don't care about us fans,it's the same everywhere else in england. You have to pay for ramsplayer separately. Silly i know but it's how the club gets its money.

As already stated we've nearly maxed out our season ticket sales give the holders a discount and get more black and white there on match days. How many fans wait until jan or the end of the seasons to buy a shirt. I understand the business side of things but surely it's the clubs who should be standing up to umbro, Nike etc and insisting on lower prices. If the clubs don't make anything on the kits what have they got to lose? 

can't believe that mate. 

believe it baby, believe it. 

It was one of the thinks Mel told us at the meeting.

same as the catering contract, both contracts are wanted to be brought in house next time apparently?

believe it baby, believe it. 

It was one of the thinks Mel told us at the meeting.

same as the catering contract, both contracts are wanted to be brought in house next time apparently?

So the club sold the shirt rights and catering rights for a fee is that right. 

The club make no money from the sales of shirts, therefore the manufacturer, umbro, will want to maximise their investment in our shirt contract.

Does the club get the money when you get a name and number in the shirt or will Umbro take that too ?

Yes, although in truth I am not sure I would call you unreasonable.

You no doubt have been going to the same newsagent, petrol station, supermarket and pub over that period too. Do you say to your Newsagent knock off a bit on my Sun buddy, or ask the Landlord to knock 10% of your pint. I have no problem you asking any of the four above, or indeed Derby, for a discount based on "loyalty", but I can't quite understand your disappointment if any or all of them said no.

So the club sold the shirt rights and catering rights for a fee is that right. 

yes, common knowledge I thought?

Does the club get the money when you get a name and number in the shirt or will Umbro take that too ?

I'd say umbro do, the rent the whole shop and employ the staff I assume?

yes, common knowledge I thought?

I'd say umbro do, the rent the whole shop and employ the staff I assume?

I suppose it's a bit like a franchise . 

Not a very sensible policy by the club particularly as shirt sales are so high and the catering does well. 

Short term gain by the club without any foresight 

I can see why Mel Morris would want to bring both back in house .

How long are the contracts for to these companies 

Not sure, Dav recons 2018.

that seems a bit too long to me, I would think it may be sooner?

Basically the club has had the money upfront for both contracts allegedly and now have to wait until 2018 to get anymore profit from shirt sales or catering from what you have told us. 

Basically the club has had the money upfront for both contracts allegedly and now have to wait until 2018 to get anymore profit from shirt sales or catering from what you have told us. 

yes mate, that would be the understanding.

Archived