07/08 - 33,597 (Premier League)

08/09 - 29,440 Jewell sacked at Xmas, enter Mr Nigel Clough

09/10 - 29,230

10/11 - 26,023

11/12 - 26,020

12/13 - 23,228

13/14 - 24,933 - Clough sacked in September, enter Steve McClaren

14/15 - 29,232

We're no different to other clubs, get promoted and we'll sell out in the Prem as fans come out the woodwork to see the Premier League stars, we found an extra 8k on average fans who didn't show up for the promotion season, as soon as we were relegated lost 4k instantly.

As you can see, each season under Clough the attendances dropped to 23k, thats 10k short of what we had in the Premier League, notice how they increased when the football improved, we was winning games and money was spent and we was looking like a team capable of going up? 

Some may have more of a drop off than us but it doesn't make us any more loyal than other club fans. Some clubs also have bigger fanbases and when Boro were in the Prem with 30k+ a lot of away teams would have been taking a few thousand where as in the Championship clubs will take a couple hundred on a Tuesday night. 

We're lucky with our location that away fans can make the trip easily.

Off topic. Time to dust off the ban hammer, mods, sort out this noob. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

06/07 - 25,945 - Billy Davies boring but winning football

07/08 - 33,597 (Premier League)

08/09 - 29,440 Jewell sacked at Xmas, enter Mr Nigel Clough

09/10 - 29,230

10/11 - 26,023

11/12 - 26,020

12/13 - 23,228

13/14 - 24,933 - Clough sacked in September, enter Steve McClaren

14/15 - 29,232

We're no different to other clubs, get promoted and we'll sell out in the Prem as fans come out the woodwork to see the Premier League stars, we found an extra 8k on average fans who didn't show up for the promotion season, as soon as we were relegated lost 4k instantly.

As you can see, each season under Clough the attendances dropped to 23k, thats 10k short of what we had in the Premier League, notice how they increased when the football improved, we was winning games and money was spent and we was looking like a team capable of going up? 

Some may have more of a drop off than us but it doesn't make us any more loyal than other club fans. Some clubs also have bigger fanbases and when Boro were in the Prem with 30k+ a lot of away teams would have been taking a few thousand where as in the Championship clubs will take a couple hundred on a Tuesday night. 

We're lucky with our location that away fans can make the trip easily.

That's still very good us for us. Boro's stadium was empty until the last month of the season(because of the prospect of promotion.)

Oh, this is just beautiful.  Can it go towards a Buxton statue? Or does it need to be players? 

I was thinking a Buxton hologram that lights up every night on the frontage of the Council House.....Corporation Street would become more famous than Coronation Street.

A nice gesture from the club would be to divide the winnings between each of the season ticket holders - it equates to around £11 each. That would buy a few pints per person before the first home game, or they could buy a nice new scrave if they so wished. 

Define loyal fans because it wasn't long ago we was taking under 500 to away games, only since Clough went did the attendances start to rise

so your definition of a loyal supporter is one who regularly goes to away games? That rules me out then (even though I had my first season ticket back in the late. 70's and have attended ever since including several dire relegation seasons) because I only go to 5 or 6 away games a season. I'll hang my head in shame. 

Give it to the 1884 group. That's a life time supplies of flags. 

Or build a giant batman like beacon for Buxton. 

Better still, a lifetime supply of Buxton flanges.

so your definition of a loyal supporter is one who regularly goes to away games? That rules me out then (even though I had my first season ticket back in the late. 70's and have attended ever since including several dire relegation seasons) because I only go to 5 or 6 away games a season. I'll hang my head in shame. 

Half fan

:D

Not saying that at all, I was asking Rammyboy to define what he meant by loyal fans. His reply was to compare our attendances with Boro and what I was getting at is all clubs support goes up and down based on the football played, results and signings. We as a club are no more loyal than any other club then. 

Individuals have personal circumstances as to why they didn't attend games but if you look above we lost 10k on average fans from the Prem season at home to Nigel's final season. Soon as he left they shot back up, away attendances were as low as 200 under Nigel, now we're taking thousands. 

All this we're more loyal than other clubs because we're getting decent crowds now is blowing sunshine up our arses, my take on loyalty in football is staying loyal to one club. Not going out buying a Chelsea shirt one minute and Man City the next. Fans talk about loyalty with fans or managers when they leave and then use the loyalty thing to bash other clubs on attendances, makes no sense to me and that's why I asked Rammyboy to define loyal.

Archived