Positive Vibes

ramsbottom

Is it me or is there a completely different vibe this pre-season compared to last???

It may well be down there’s no play off FINAL hang over clouding the mood but the vast majority of folk seem to be fired up and excited about pretty much everything – coach, signings, kit, the board,  and the ambition we’re showing. 

I for one didn’t feel 100% that we’d kick on after the play off hurt against QPR, maybe 70%  After the first game of the season it was probably more around 60% but so far, we way we’re getting our business done early and no talk of supplementing the squad with loans I’m feeling a lot more confident about our chances.  I know that’s slightly irrational considering we have an untried coach but I’m getting the vibe that this season could be looked back on, years from now, as the one that kick started a great period for our club.

Thoughts???

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The club seems to be in a transitional phase at the minute. 

We've had a change of leadership and with that, we've been purchasing players of real quality and early on in the transfer window which gives them time to settle.

We've come close these past two seasons and I think people are getting excited that we're adding that bit of quality that could well take us over the line this time (fingers crossed)

Exciting times for Rams fans at the moment.

As things stand I think there is a danger that we'll start the season with stupidly high expectations which need to be moderated a bit.

A lot of new players and a new coach to settle in. It might not be a case of rolling everyone over from day one.

As things stand I think there is a danger that we'll start the season with stupidly high expectations which need to be moderated a bit.

A lot of new players and a new coach to settle in. It might not be a case of rolling everyone over from day one.

Clement out

When Thorne signed last summer I felt that was pretty much a guarantee of promotion. This season, not only will we finally have a first season of Georgie boy, but much additional quality too. For the second time we're bookies' favourites to win the league.

To counteract the optimism, we have a novice head coach who's been working out of the country so won't know the Championship in the way that, say, Mick McCarthy knows the Championship. Or even Aitor Karanka for that matter.

So, on balance, I'd say I'm equally as positive as last season. Last year, that optimism was misplaced. Please not again...

**** that. I'm getting carried away. Whoop, whoop. The Rams are going up, the Rams are going up, and now you're gonna believe us......

If it goes wrong I'll have a pint, shake mesen down and get ready for 2016/17. No point being a football fan if you can't get carried away with the stuff that's going on at the moment. 5 signings, 3 or 4 more in the offing and most of the division would be chuffed about every one of them. Rich fan in the chair at the head of a massively respected back room staff, brilliant facilities, more ST holders than anyone else in the division, manager straight from Real Madrid, Thorne fit for pre-season...enjoy. :D

I am also Very confident,this season,we are building up to a very interesting season,I hope the season comes round very soon as I can not wait,defo going to Northampton away,in pre season,as I need to get my fix soon,also defo going to Bolton to see who starts in our first 11 very interesting season coming up.We are going up,I say we are going up.

**** that. I'm getting carried away. Whoop, whoop. The Rams are going up, the Rams are going up, and now you're gonna believe us......

If it goes wrong I'll have a pint, shake mesen down and get ready for 2016/17. No point being a football fan if you can't get carried away with the stuff that's going on at the moment. 5 signings, 3 or 4 more in the offing and most of the division would be chuffed about every one of them. Rich fan in the chair at the head of a massively respected back room staff, brilliant facilities, more ST holders than anyone else in the division, manager straight from Real Madrid, Thorne fit for pre-season...enjoy. :D

Yeah. Instead of having an end of the season party we should have a start of the season party at Bolton.:D

Archived